HC rulesets like ssf is not off the table

Its actual mental illness that you people are obsessed with needing a server specifically for playing SSF when the rules of SSF make it completely irrelevant to you if other people on the server are also playing SSF because you’re not allowed to interact with them at all anyway.

There is NOTHING about SSF that requires the server to be hard coded as SSF only because it DOESN’T MATTER if the people around you are also playing SSF.

These threads are literally obsessive compulsive disorder mental illness manifested on the forums

11 Likes

But there is. HC is only one No Death play style. Should we make one server for the HC addon users, one server for old style IronMan, one for GreenMan, one for only one death allowed … and all this in at least two versions One with groups allowed and one with no grops allowed?

It is good that Blizz decided to make a server with only the few things all can agree upon.
Who wants more can either use an addon or just do it honour-based.
No need forcefeeding everyone the HC addon rules.

3 Likes

The social aspect is the piece of the puzzle you are missing my friend; it’s all about community. Observing everyone else engaged in the same activity is a fundamental characteristic of an MMO, that’s why they want a server.

You’ve already obtained what you desire, and I apologize if it inconveniences you, but if people fail to express their position, then it will be a missed opportunity. Who knows if we will get it, but we DEFINATELY won’t get it if we do nothing.

1 Like

Just add a buff like ironman on the official hardcore server, boom problem solved

“But muh OCD requires EVERYONE around me to be SSF or i cant function”
Cope

Straight entitlement

3 Likes

They could actually jhave just made a new server with the buff :wink: Because as the HC crew has occupied the RP server in EU area, we sure would like a HC server to get our RP server back, thanks a lot.

3 Likes

There are plenty of single player games out there that provide the exact play style you want. Just delete the character when you die.

1 Like

The problem is, we don´t get the server back, if the new HC realm is not HC.

Those who want SSF, will not enjoy this new realm, if 5 men groups are steamrolling through content, farming STV for leather 24/7 and so on.

In the end I don´t understand why the Softcore players want to ruin HC realms for them, by demanding trade and grouping. If they want to trade and group, they should come to era realms and we can all play together. If they die, they can just delete the char, what is so hard about that?

But I guess they just argue to annoy the HC community, trying to force Softcore on them for whatever reason they might have.

4 Likes

Why does it matter to you if some of the people around you on the official hardcore server are grouping up?

It literally has zero effect on you if you’re playing SSF

Your OCD about what people in your peripheral vision are doing is not justification for blizzard to front the bill for keeping an entire server running to cater to your mental illness

2 Likes

Are we talking about the same company that doesn’t even foot the bill to maintain their worlds by having a gm population overseeing it?

Did you know that private servers don’t have a botting problem because there are Gms? How is a private server without 20$ a month in subscriptions, relying on a small amount of donations able to maintain gms when blizzard can’t?
Private servers don’t have bots flying around from place to place while on live, not even the people who report them achieve anything except ending up in activiblizzard spam filter.

We are talking about THAT company right?
No, Blizzard makes more than enough to keep a server open, especially when they aren’t spending it on maintaining the world, or are shy about closing them down if it isn’t making them enough $$$ to appease the investors.

Don’t worry about blizzards bottom line, they aren’t the ones that take a loss out of this, the ones that lose out will always be us, so never worry. Servers are also dirt cheap, and can be scaled up or down. From what I have personally been told on a certain private server, even 100$ a month can maintain their servers for a small population :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah, we are talking about that same company

So knowing how stingy blizzard is with spending money for non essential things its even more laughable that you people are expecting to get your own server to accommodate something that is already perfectly accommodated on other servers just because you people have OCD about sharing a server with people not playing the same way as you even though the very ruleset you want to play by makes it completely irrelevant to your own gameplay if people near you are following those same rules.

1 Like

I don’t want ssf. You have a way of playing ssf with your addon. Why force everyone to your restrictive ruleset?

5 Likes

You can play softcore on era, why ask for a new realm? I am still waiting for an answer to that question. If your char dies, you delete it and start from 0 again, with gold and items from the dead char, if you like.

Those that want HC, do not have their system anywhere, as no realm exists in which trading and grouping is disabled.

You guys need to stop with your Addon chatter, as you are making a fool out of yourself, by not understanding the topic. Addons only change how YOU play, not how the server functions, but what those HC players want, is a server for HC.

They are asking for a place where HC is enforced on everyone, with no grouping, AH or mailing.

2 Likes

They don’t want to play on normal Era because other players may not be playing by their rules. Yet they say the addon players are whining and crying because they want a server with only the addon mode rules.
SMH

1 Like

If you’re playing SSF why does it matter if the AH is functioning and people are trading if You yourself are unable to interact with those things anyway?

It doesn’t, so just ignore the auction house and shut up about it

You’re correct that there doesn’t need to be a server to play death = delete, just the same there doesn’t need to be a server for SSF

You’re getting a dedicated hardcore server where all playstyles of hardcore are accommodated on the same server.

There hasn’t been a single good reason presented why SSF requires its own server

We dont need hardcore jim crow

4 Likes

But the Addon also allows groups. I do not see the difference.

And this I never understood. Let them steamroll all they want. I do what I want, and I love the equal footing of a death is a death for those who will use addon and for those who won’t.

The only problem I see here is that the HC-addon people want to define what the TRRUE No Death challenge should look like.
I have played IronMan Challenge since 2012, and I will continue doing so on the HC servers. And I just love that anyone else is allowed to do any HC / IronMan / No Death Challenges the way THEY think is the right way with or without any addons, AH, trade, stats gear, dungeons and so on.

I just love the fact that Blizzard’s HC server does not limit us to one form of HC.

6 Likes

go play any era server and just delete on death, you dont care how others are playing so you don’t need an official hc server.
easy right?

4 Likes

Exactly
Now you’re getting it

Go on BsB and continue playing with the addons rules. Pretty simple

1 Like

this “logic” has been defeated time and time again, you could just go on any era server and delete upon death. think up something else to say please.

1 Like

And you can go on any server and join the addon community.

You dont need a new server any more than anyone else does.

Considering SSF is a single player mode what anyone else is doing on the server is irrelevant. Youre not going to play with them anyway

I get youre in your feelings about it but its true.

1 Like