HC rulesets like ssf is not off the table

SSF doesn’t play with anyone, so community isn’t needed except to chat. You can chat with anyone. I get that you want others restricted to your rules, and those others can be found in the same addon you will use.

2 Likes

Except BB has non-HC players, the ones giving you your world buffs for leveling.

3 Likes

Another inversion of reality from the SSF crowd, in this case the most mentally ill one pretending to be a regular era player who for some reason is extremely invested in the SSF camp.

You can play Tediouscore on any server you like, including the HC server. Why demand that HC, which is played with one life and no other restrictions, is turned into your version of HC just because you want to arbitrarily control the play of other people you won’t even be grouping or trading with?

Why not stay on Era where you currently are and simply not interact with anyone like you currently do, or take your addon to the official HC server and be antisocial there? You are not the target demographic of the official HC realms, my friend.

Official HC realms are for those who want to play with the official rule set. What you want is to keep playing on BSB or any other era server with your addon, and you don’t need a new realm for that.

Just stay on the dead era realm you’re on or keep using your addon on the official HC realm when it launches.

It’s silly to ask for changes to HC, just because you want everyone to play by your unpopular and unnecessary rule set. Instead of being happy for the HC community that they are being recognized, you try to take down our fun.

3 Likes

You’re 100% correct. I don’t get how the very same issues, plus more, occurred on the RP realm that was taken over that allowed for said community to grow will some how fail to continue and possibly grow on a server that is more directly dedicated to a style of play and doesn’t exclude the ability impose more rules for a solo challenge where every issue stated is 100% avoidable.

2 Likes

It’s nice that people are expressing concern for roleplayers (and other non-hc) on Bloodsail. As a day one member of the server it just enforces for me how great gamers and gaming can be.

Personally I never and still do not have an issue with sharing the server space with others. Mean people though aren’t okay. If you are going out of your way to abuse the reporting system, be verbally abusive and purposely attempt to be disruptive to others that were minding their own business then maybe it’s necessary that some of these NuHc get their own server. Respect works when all are willing to give it not just take.

The server was fine until the followers of content creators that egg on the worst of behaviors showed up. People that have been quietly playing hc or ironman or ssf with little fanfare outside of their own communities for years aren’t the problem. It’s the attention-starved streamer worshipers that need to clean up their act.

2 Likes

Ugh, I’m so tired of the “fresh” mantra.

This person said it best:

2 Likes

The entire HC scene right now is just tourists looking for a new kick.

3 Likes

what “issues” are you talking about? i suspect they are all L2P ones :expressionless:

Idk, you tell me. To me there shouldn’t be any issue. Keep self imposing some already self imposed rules and keep on pushing but there appears to be some discontent with blizzard doing the rare gesture of facilitating some players playstyles

3 Likes

I mean…

I don’t want to play LK because it’s boring and has unfulfilling gameplay outside of a 1-2 day a week repeat raid cycle.

I don’t want to play on established Era server where a lot of the leveling community is dead with people spam advertising Mage boosts/GDKP runs.

So that leaves me with HC Classic…because there’s no other Classic Fresh or Classic SoM or Classic+.

It’s not that I’m wedded to just ‘fresh’ in particular… It’s more like ‘This is gonna be it for the remainder of 2023 if you care about Classic WoW stuff.’

It’s HC or nothing, so I’ll play HC.

"*I don’t know why tourists are a problem per say - they make a server more lively than it’s otherwise be and they sometimes stay longer.

The idea that HC is for an ultra niche community if people kinda lends it to drying up and dying faster as a scene.

I get that some people would play on a HC server even if they had 40-50 on their server faction and would raid with that level of population…but that’s like engaging in self flagellation as a fashion statement. It’s just nonsensical.

Where there’s Mage Boosts/AH Raids IS a leveling community.

The market ALWAYS follows the people and not where people AREN’T.

That being said do you play WoW for the content or the rush?

I think most pro SSF folks are good with it being included as an option. Problem there is some one life folks think even that concession is too much.
What do you think?

2 Likes

I would like more options to be added, IronMan rules of course topping my list, but also a “trade of mats only allowed” (I love professions).
If all different options were options with maybe a special buff like Soul of Iron/SSF, Soul of Iron/Trader, Soul of Iron/IronMan … you name it, I would really welcome this.

“The Soul of Iron system does not yet currently exist on Hardcore realms. We intend to port this system over Hardcore ruleset realms prior to their launch, with a few adjustments.” Source: https://www.wowhead.com/blue-tracker/topic/us/wow-classic-era-1-14-4-development-notes-1621723

I have no problem with that unless it adds to the development time.

The content of Classic is experienced very differently when there isn’t existing/established player infrastructure in place.

Starting out on a fresh server (especially HC) is a very different experience relative to the availability of gold…the availability of raw materials… The population of players playing together at a sub 60 level band and running dungeons.

Dungeons are experienced differently. Boosting isn’t a thing at launch on a fresh server at least initially. If boosting exists on HC Classic, it will take quite a while to establish if it ever does and carry significant risk.

Raiding is experienced differently on launch compared to an established server for many reasons - too many to go into in a single post.

A big reason HC Classic MC is going to be ‘exciting’ has little to do with the content of MC itself…and instead will revolve around how the content is experienced.

On regular Classic MC…the stakes for doing a Molten Core are very low because death means very little. If you can brute force your way through multiple boss fights even with several people dying thought the raid (including but not limited to really important tanks/healers) then it’s worth the trade off for gear.

By contrast on HC…I think you need a lot more dedicated prep across the entire raid group. You can’t afford to bring people who don’t come with a bunch of consumes farm. You can’t afford players that aren’t properly equipped. Even when you have those things…you’re probably going to have to outright stagger MC progression and gear acquisition by proceeding more slowly. Small things like not attempting Magmadar until you have at least two if not 3 tranq shots.

Early deaths at 60 will have far more weight.
If you survive to BWL and are progressing there - losing a raid geared 60 is a substantial loss to an individual player and the raid.

What makes HC appealing as a game form is ironically how simplistic the raids are. If it wasn’t as simple, predictable, and solved as it is…it’d be much to difficult as a game form to attract much appeal.

The new content in HC isnt the existing fabric of the game, it’s how players create new content with what’s already there.

A 5 man clearing LBRS or BRD may not be particularly interesting to watch on normal, but even 5 man dungeon content can be a compelling play through or watch when any death is the end for a character or potentially multiple characters.

1 Like

This is why there just needs to be an “endgame” version of the game, where leveling isn’t required to reach “endgame” content. All I read was Raid this, Raid that. Dungeons were briefly mentioned, but the main focus seems to be Raids, and it’s quite sad to hear because Classic is so much more than just Raids :roll_eyes:

EDIT: Better yet, there’s more to Classic than just instances.

1 Like

Classic is so much more than raids just the same that classic is so much more than just leveling to 60.

The entire package together is what makes it so good.

An “endgame only” server is basically just retail with level boosts

2 Likes

Right 'cause Retail’s version of these instances are exactly the same :roll_eyes:

I mean pre 60 is a pretty big part of the game too particularly when you throw in the enhanced importance of leveling/utilizing professions.

I enjoy is quite a bit, but I also really enjoy group content which is why I personally tend to gravitate towards 5 man dungeon content and raids. It’s not the entire game for me but an important component.

if you don’t want to lvl 1-max, you shouldn’t be playing an MMORPG. :expressionless:

1 Like