HC players are trying to ruin the magic of Classic

Every single thing you wrote is wrong. Grief deaths have no appeal lvl required, you’re thinking of DC deaths. You don’t need a recording either, again you’re thinking of DC deaths. And finally there’s nothing in the game to make you wait for the imaginary approval of random people online who you will never meet to continue playing your character. If you feel like you were cheated into a death unfairly then keep playing. No one says you need to follow what Kargoz says.

But please type more about things you don’t know king, a simple and quick check of the grief appeal channel in the discord would show you’re wrong about everything you typed.

You’re assuming every appeal get approved. I know your discord memes on it and mocks it, but somehow you’re trying to convince everyone here that it’s a 100% guaranteed approval, but it isn’t no matter how much you downplay it to “just 2 minutes to fill it out”.

A normal person wouldn’t make their entire free time consist of messing with others for the sole intention of hindering them. You’re trying to word it like people playing HC are some loonies who “just can’t take a joke” when the reality of the situation is that people are trying to play a game and then individuals like you come along every single day, multiple times a day to hinder them.

I’m sorry you are this point in life where you are so caught up in your own BS, propagated by other individuals who are in the same sad state that you all have convinced yourselves through your own narcissism that you’re somehow correct in this.

I mean, I don’t really expect much from you. I can search goldtooth in your discount channel 4 discord and see the literal trash can takes spewed from your discord account. You can go back to QA testers and inform them that your badly planned forum psyop has failed. There is already enough of you and your people in game.

2 Likes

I already have a hardcore 60, I think it’ll be pretty easy to do the same thing twice. Classic is a very easy game.

That’s possible. I’m having a lot of faith in the people that feel like they need to defend the people getting tricked into flagging but I think it’s possible. Current plan is to use low level pet and npc trickers to bait in someone overconfident because their high level and then dispose of them. In the event that they somehow fix that we just use the old have a low level character be flagged and wait for someone who is 4-5 levels higher to get overconfident and attack.

Yes you are. I don’t doubt someone will do it, but one life alone would curb any griefing that puts too much unnecessary risk on the griefer. The time investment for minimal return would be enough to deter most.

What you’re describing is literally just petty gameplay and for what? To kill some level 7s at zalazane and goldtooth? You described it as “2019 levels of drama” but really it’s just sad.

If Blizz cared at all in the most basic regards, a hc server would have mobs leashed to their zone and pvp would only be toggleable in a major city. It would prevent mob leashing, level 2 stealth on flight masters, npc baiting, etc. The only griefing left would be RFC, WC, DM griefing as they have lower time investments over an Ony grief, but then what? You spend 10 hours yourself to kill some players on your same faction? It’d be beyond pathetic.

You wish for negativity and it’s just annoying to deal with.

1 Like

They are wanting hardcore as an “option” not a replacement for everyone…

1 Like

Once again, I agree with you lmao. Classic+ content sounds like a golden idea to me, in particular if they add or modify dungeons/raids or even open world stuff. Who knows, the sky’s the limit.

With that in mind though, the vanilla experience should also be properly maintained, because there’s different audiences that want different things.

1 Like

I mean, if you are nervous about caves, yeah you go ahead and stay out. I’ll go ahead in and get that yummy chest in there without your interference.
Thanks!

About the whole “HC being antithetical to the very spirit and soul of classic bit”, people may be referring to the fact that a major reason WoW boomed in popularity back in vanilla is because it was considerably more accessible than other MMORPGs of the time. It’s as simple as the game not being designed with permadeath or anything like that in mind, which is fine.

There’s nothing wrong with HC, I think it’s a fantastic game mode idea and it’s doing a lot of good for the game and the community.

1 Like

I really hope they do make a HC server, I am starting to see HC in Mankirk now, I left BB because they took that server over completely. :frowning:

I definitely agree with everything you wrote. There is a slippery slope to every decision stemming from an unrecognized game mode.

I do strongly feel like it takes away from the spirit of classic. As long as they keep them separate, I’m totally good with whatever they do with hard-core if it bleeds into the cord game then that’s when all of us will abandon ship and go to private servers I’ll bet.

First of all, HC is a new challenge not a new game. HC is not a replacement of the old game, it’s just brining in a seasonal hypo option. So none of the stuff you mentioned are gone because of HC, they can still happen in all non HC servers, if they want to happen.

Secondly, most of the stuff you said happened in the original vanilla in 04-05. How many of those glorious moments do you recall from vanilla classic ? def not as many as original.

Thirdly, it’s true some of those old glorious moments may not be possible to repeat due to the nature of HC. But have you thought about the numerous new type of glorious moments that is happening in HC servers and because of HC?

What do you not understand about the concept of PVE vs PVP?

When you grief someone else, WHY is that “fun” for you? It is a psychological defect.

PVE if you want to add all those memorable moments and have a use for your life and all the oxygen you are wasting, the GO TO A PVP SERVER.

If people want to wait in line, and not pvp, and challenge themselves rather than other players, LET THEM WASTE THEIR LIFE without you being the savior of blizzard by killing every HC player you possibly can. If you are so valuable, then go get a job at blizzard and show them what a genius you are. I’m sure management will offer you 6 figures, a corner office and a hottie sexretary to take your calls.

If you don’t like HC or PVE, then WTF are you doing on RPPVE server? You are here for one reason and one reason only, and that is to be evil. Get yourself a mirror and figure out why being evil to other people feels so good to you.

And people paying to get boosted didnt? This at least lets people group and emgage with eachother for dungeons. Also its only 1 server. Dont like it? Dont play on that server.

1 Like

this guy is 100% on the money.

My real issue with the hardcore community is the community rules are extremely antithetical to vanilla WoW. It encourages being alone, not helping one another (if you watch a stream the viewers freak out if someone gets accidental help), and competing for mobs that in vanilla you’d be like “hey, wanna group up for this thing?”

They don’t want to hear it but they really ARE bringing a retail mindset to classic WoW.

The problem with the hardcore players grouping up and killing the griefer baiting them to get pvp flagged is in some cases the griefer will have one or more 60 rogue friends waiting once the bait is taken. Not necessarily the ones on say, Goldtooth, but others. I’ve seen some GLORIOUS videos of the hardcore characters ganging up on the 15 character and killing it, but I also saw someone lose their level 48 because they tried to kill a low level for others and one of said rogues was literally waiting for that moment. It’s a weird cat and mouse dance that I’ve not really seen on other game modes.