Havoc DH anxiety

Unbound chaos is fun, I hope they fix the 40 talent row and baseline First Blood. Fel Barrage, Essence Break, and maybe Bloodlet in a row would be pretty great. A theme of ‘adding a rotational button’ across the row would be much appreciated.

3 Likes

Hey, it could be worse. You could main Vengeance.

Havoc is starting to look like it’s going to be joining Enhancement at the back of the bus.

2 Likes

I just started a DH couple weeks ago and I love the simplicity of it ! Plays like a best em up action game. I don’t like using gel rush for dps is it a must in SL? I like the rotation it is now with no momentum and not having to use Fel rush in a dps rotation. Playing a DH is like playing a character in Diablo 3 which is how it should be imo…effective with a few buttons and straight forward with some nuance to master it. Rather arbitrary systems and too many trackers to over complicate things.

Prior I Mained an Unholy dk for last few years …There’s a lot more stuff to manage and it gets annoying at times. Planning to maybe main a havoc Dh for SL. I hope the current optimal dps build for the Dh is stilll viable in SL. I also played arms warrior, hunter, monk and warlock . I think havoc has the best and most fun rotation

3 Likes

This is your first post and you’re named “bigblacc” so I’m not too confident in replying to this, but…

Difference between trying out a havoc and maining it for multiple raid seasons. Not sure how you can transition from any of those other classes and not pass out from boredom when playing the havoc dh spec. To each his own, though!

1 Like

To me the dH plays like a Diablo 3 barbarian and I that’s what I mained in d3. I reached rank 13 barb in the America’s too season (that’s when I stopped playing). Just saying that I game seriously and am not too casual. And even though d3 was mashing 6 buttons there’s still nuance and timing and Rng.
Thx for ur response I am just wondering did u main Dh for a few season and do u know if SL Dh will play the same as in BFA ?(ie. fel rush build not mandatory to optimal dps ) thx

2 Likes

I think Dh is intentionally simple in terms of button mashing and was inspired by D3. I think Dh should remain the way it is to differentiate it from the other classes…it offers the community an alternative to playing the other classes where most of the time …my eyes reside on looking at timers and cool downs…charts basically…via weakauras and Elvui. I actually think the wow class design (dAting back 15 years) for all the other classes are a bit dated…like past it’s time. So I am enjoying Dh

2 Likes

Sure thing buddy

I feel like the biggest loss is losing blade dance dodge. I understand that it’s very powerful, but it actually rewards good timing, skill, and encounter knowledge. Why get rid of something like that on one of the more straightforward classes? It’s just sad.

2 Likes

Really surprised that no one told you that it’s still 9seconds with it’s 2nd rank.

When was it not?

If you enjoyed DH for BFA it still plays the same, just with a tighter window to get 2 Blade Dances during Demonic.

Because it completely trivializes certain M+ abilities that are supposed to be punishing? Right off the top I can think of Overseer in Tol’Dagor that becomes magnitudes easier then the other 4 players never have to worry about Deadeye soaking.

I hear you. I just think the dodge ability was incredibly fun to use and I’m sad it’s gone. Physically dodging has always been one of my favorite game mechanics.

1 Like

Havoc did well because everything about the class synergized with haste, eye beams, and demonic. The haste scaling is going kaput so virtually every synergy is likewise effected.

The real problem is where as other classes that scaled insanely well with haste, like SP, received a (needed) mechanic that blunts the effect of losing the haste rating, demon hunter didn’t. Demon hunter survivability is greatly impacted by their damage and when you nerf both the damage and the survivability independently and at the same time - well it’s not surprising if they get railroaded in pvp.

my main worry is all the nerfs to self healing, since i spend most of my time PVE solo, i enjoyed playing a dps class that could stay in the fight, as opposed to my WW that died if a goat looked at him the wrong way while levelling.

With all the nerfs to leech, are folks finding the Dh too squishy to solo now?

1 Like

I anticipate quitting 1 possibly 2 months after launch

Naxx should be out by then anyway and TBC will probably be announced at blizzcon.

1 Like

oh thank goodness that’s a relief to hear

same can be said with rogue and mage and hunter being able to instantly cheese/end Rezan’s pursuit in AD, sometime classes can cheese certain types of mechanics, i can understand it needs to be toned down a bit in pvp, but outright removing it takes away a core function of the class, its not like other classes don’t have an immunity or shield or vanish… excreta…

Warlock can solo 10 mobs while DH get rekted by 3-4. Sad

Except, in the context of that fight, that doesn’t trivialize it.

Dropping Rezan’s Pursuit = removal of heavy damage mechanic (that you can normally live through with extremely powerful heals and a non-immunity defensive) extra damage to Rezan and not having to run with the boss.

Dodging Overseer’s Deadeye = removal of a one shot mechanic, less challenging of a poison debuff and management by allowing the rest of the group to not have to move

They’re not remotely the same levels of “trivializing”

Those aren’t on a 10s CD against a 30s ability in the context of a fight where movement is punished.

1 Like

so should interrupts be removed because the classes that can use them trivialize the mechanics on a 10ish second CD? you understand most DH’s don’t even understand how to use the dodge, blur is a very small window that takes effort to time correctly at the sacrifice of our highest priory skill being held… should we remove sooth because it trivializes the entire raging affix?

An interrupt is a utility ability used for a utility purpose.

Also, pve mobs are designed with class interrupts in mind. Interrupts don’t break mechanics. They’re the reason for their design.

No, soothe is a utility ability used for a utility purpose.

Common point here being: No issue with having a defensive ability with a defensive purpose.
Bake the dodge into a short cd ability. Remove it from an offensive ability

1 Like

Wouldn’t that make it more broken then seeing as we would no longer have to sacrifice uptime on out dps ability to use it?

How do we know that blade dance dodge was not meant as a utility in that same light? perhaps the boss in TD was created the the explicit thought that DH would excel at it?

Lets be real, i don’t really care that its gone. I care that we lost that our leech uptime on our demonic and all that together makes us a wet blanket, where is our castable self heal our drain life our bubble our healing totem? we have 1 defensive in blur that’s very so so, we have to talent in to anything else, warrior dps does more healing than us now with more defensive abilitys, yeah the spec was good at things, but it was never so broken that it was required for all content. As a DH in M+ a rogue would always be brought over you, In raid they wanted only 1 maybe 2 of you for a buff to mages, in pvp you are a joke class at any rating over 1k, not to say a very few exceptional players didn’t make it work with support from their 2s 3s and so on partners, but they were never the meta the people demanding nerfs on the forums claimed them to be. something has to give, or they just need to strait remove all healing and defensive from every dps class period.
Edit: spelling mistakes and bad grammar :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like