Havoc DH anxiety

Hello all!
I just fearful of Havoc’s standing in SL, not DPS numbers but overall enjoyment of the spec and desire to play.

My concerns start with blade dance being bumped to 15 seconds between casts (edit: apparently this is just the rank 1 of it?), demonic being nerfed to 6 seconds plus other changes… It seems like we are going to be a 2 button rotation with some CD’s tossed in.

I really loved playing this class in Legon and even BfA, it was very versatile and a lot more enjoyable than the other classes for me at least, but SL seems to have only taken things away from us wile everyone else gained stuff.
We already are very lacking in buttons, we don’t need more gutted from our rotations.
I get that some found DH annoying in PVP but that’s no reason to outright destroy a entire spec, we only have 2 as it is, and veng seems to be getting put threw the ringer too.

I strongly agree that blind fury need to be baseline, but we also need some more to do in the rotation, not an excuse to just spam one button over and over until we need more fury. (would love to see baseline demonic as well but that might be asking for too much)

Thanks for reading just wanted to get it off my chest and see what the community thought as well <3

EDIT: PS could we please have some love in the defensive department?
I made a suggestion below i’ll link and see what you think:

9 Likes

My thoughts are maybe you should let this one go. I used to play DH and did good pvp. But even I thought it was a bit OP. I think Blizzard is just nerfing it down a little to make things a little equal. But to my eyes. SL DHs still look pretty good down there!

5 Likes

you could be right possibly, I played pvp enought to get BotE and C&F up to rank 3 so i didnt go hard but i never felt as strong as a lock or mage that could kill me before i close the gap, Granted I’m not concerned with DPS or being the flavor class, i just want a fun and engaging rotation
Thanks for the reply!
:slight_smile:

4 Likes

No problem! :wink:

2 Likes

The guy isn’t right. An 11% DPS nerf when we already had some of the lower end single target damage hurts considerably. There’s alternate builds that add more buttons into the rotation, but some didn’t even get buffed to compensate for the DPS loss. Our Tank spec got nerfed more than DK and Monk combined and is unplayable for highend content.

Additionally, the talent momentum makes DH one of the most engaging and complicated melee DPS in the game and relies on 5+ buttons and positioning to maximise uptime.

People hated DH for Schrodinger-esq reasons. We “brought all the utility” but we’re also a “two button snoozefest”. It’s not “engaging gameplay” but theres “no way anyone should play momentum”. It does “Super OP damage” but it also “scales so poorly at endgame”.

The reason people dislike DH is because its a meme to do so. They don’t like it in PVP because they can oom spell casters.
DK’s do more damage, have more utility, and can have a simpler rotation (frost) than DH. So don’t listen to them

7 Likes

Thanks for the reply and info,
momentum does look fun but I’m fearful of the fallout it causes anytime my raid leader or m+ group find out I’m using it, almost wish they would put the dps buff on blade dance and make it proc a fel rush for a burst of damage so it can still be utilized in heavy stack situations but not fully require movement, granted being a zippy boy is legit :stuck_out_tongue:

I want to believe that when they went back to buff abilities because they removed the 11% aura, some of them were just an oversight that they missed them. Like they didn’t change Glaive Tempest, but that still doesn’t even scale with our mastery even though it is Chaos Damage. I think the 11% damage thing will work it self out, it’s just that the changes to DH seem very last minute and not fully thought out so they missed some things.

3 Likes

Originally I thought that it may be compensated with a change in the mastery scaling and taking some of our ideas on board (cycle of hatred reducing eyebeam (and meta) for fury spent).
I just wrote about the scaling issue with glaive tempest and it not getting buffed on the discord. I report it everytime I log onto the beta. UB has major issues (80% of the time the guy is running on the spot, and you can make him run backwards if you activate it during unbound chaos).

I hate what they did to Vengence.

I hope further changes are happening. Because it still feels a mess. What happened? Was everyone assigned to work on all the other specs and made us kick rocks?

2 Likes

If you are talking about me I was talking about havoc not vengeance.

Yeah me too…

I recommended they change felblade reset linked to felrush rather than it be a random proc chance. That way you can minimise downtime and generate fury more reliably

1 Like

DH havoc (I don’t play V) looks good for me in PVE, in PVP and especially in WPVP is a mess, the damage seems to be there, but you don’t live long enough to do something with it, our survival is almost non-existent and if we add to it that the DH is a very vulnerable class to the CC it is not surprising that you die before you can even do a hit.

1 Like

I dont think that would be good, using felrush isnt something I do unless I need to get back on target. You would have way more limited procs since its tied to felrush meaning its not going to proc as often as it current does with the normal strikes.

1 Like

It’s for a momentum build incorporating Unbound Chaos with the latency issues (i.e. the demon running on the spot)

I really hate the “DH is such an easy class lulz” bull from low skill idiots.

Is DH easier than my Outlaw Rogue, or Unholy Dk…yes but only slightly, and not by any significant margin.

4 Likes

I love my DH. I am not in the beta so I am not quite sure how bad of a state DH (Havoc) is in. I am getting a lot of mixed messages from the people who are testing it in SL. But overall the vibe seems to be negative, and I am also getting a bit concerned. If they are going to nerf it to the ground because they couldn’t do anything else, then I am done with the game. I don’t mind different styles of play and having to adapt to a more ‘complex system’, but if the class feels timid, if its synergies don’t work, then why bother? It will break the class fantasy and won’t feel good to play. Below is a video I watched that sort of confirmed my fears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HQBE2FSSB0&t=1447s&ab_channel=Metallurgy

1 Like

a lot of DH r gonna reroll to rogues i think.

rogue is somewhat similar, just a lot stronger.

kidney shot is really really fun in pvp. imo its one of the most lethal buttons in the entire game

2 Likes

Agree we understand blizz need classes and skills, they went overboard with dh, and even if is not the most powerful dps out there should still be fun to play, that’s what we paying for, the satisfaction of that game play… Removing/nerfing skills and out them somewhere else is not exiting is forcing us to chose that back in a nother system, example, leech , now we need a covenant skill to get leach from one target… The main thing about a dh is meta, 4 min??? Cd??? And just 6sec. If we go for the talent that as we always know is the only one that make sense to chose since dancing blade been also need doesn’t give 1 sec immunity, while other classes have shields self heal etc… Maybe same as blizz force you secretly to chose a talent they also do the same thing with clases per expansion. " We seen not many active monks… Let’s make them better so next expansion more ppl go for that class since we already spend time creating it"

1 Like

DH is hilariously fun to play, wtf are you talking about?

Blizzard isn’t known to make good decisions on tuning.

I remember Frost DKs were hurting for a long time and they ended up buffing them 4 patches in a row. Just to show how bad of a state they were in.

My main is a Dh, I don’t care if in shadowlands is the highest dps as long is still fun to play

2 Likes