Having "missed out" is ruining the game for me

I guess I have to ask, do you believe that are people that would quit the game if certain things that were only obtainable for a short while were brought back to the game? I mean, did people quit because Blizzard release the Accursed Keepsake and their Haunted Memento stopped being special? I am really asking this.

Is there anyone out there right now that would actively consider quitting the game if it was able to go out and earn the title “%, the Faceless One” for my Shadow Priest? I keep mentioning this one specifically because it was the first of many that hit me in the face and I was really looking forward to rocking it. Especially after I wrote a backstory for my priest I’ve had since early Vanilla on why she remained devout up until recently and now worships the Void and serves the Old Gods.

Well based on this, IF accurate…

“I plan on buying 5-6 more realm transfers and 2-3 character boosts over the next few months. I pay my monthly sub just like everyone else.”

… that means you pay a LOT more to play WoW than most of us.

So maybe they should do what you want?

:slight_smile:

3 Likes

Sounds like a great idea. It really does. Until you accept that many players will complain about re-used content. They will call the devs lazy and incompetent because they aren’t creating new content instead.

There is no win win here.

2 Likes

Yes i’m sure they have the tech and if they havent already considered some of these ideas id be surprised but remember that they can’t give us all features at all at once… from another perspective keeping things locked away sort of retains that original mmo feel.

I would fathom the same amount of people that would quit because they cant get “the faceless one” title.

9 Likes

You’ve not played for nearly 10 years and you don’t want to play because you missed out on some cosmetics? You have 5 expansions worth of cosmetics to collect and your focusing on the things you can’t get? That’s not even a “glass is half empty” issue, that’s a “glass is 1% empty” issue. I’m sure there are more than enough things still in the game to collect to keep you busy for literal years. How 'bout you collect everything that’s still available then come back and ask for those that aren’t.

16 Likes

Is it really begging when I am not asking to be given against except the ability to earn things? I would love it if it took me just as much dedication and skill to earn those items as it did for the people who earned them “back then”. If I failed to do so because I lack skill, talent, or dedication to do then that would be something I would learn to live with.

2 Likes

But its impossible to ensure that the challenge takes the same amount of skill. You cant just scale it from ilvl, up the hp/damage and call it done.

4 Likes

Because some things are time sensitive, and we’re informed of such when they’re brought in. If you want time sensitive things, work on beginning your collection now.

5 Likes

I don’t think it’s realistic to expect every single thing from the twelve years you’ve been gone to still be available.

11 Likes

Really, if someone hates the idea of playing a game where other people have exclusive rewards that can’t be earned anymore, then for their own mental health they probably should avoid just about every persistent, online, massively multiplayer game out there. They are ill-suited to each other.

Only you know if your sister would be the type to see a player with some old exclusive reward and get obsessively unhappy about it. Most people are not that type though. Most are playing the game first and foremost because the gameplay itself was fun to them, then group challenges are fun to them, and they fall very easily into the pattern of pursuing rewards for the season they’re actually playing.

7 Likes

I made an error in my original post, I meant to say that I took a break toward of the end of Legion.

There are things I want to collect and a whole lot of things I really don’t care about collecting. I had a specific reason for wanting to collect one thing. I even went so far as to see if there was anything similar to it that I could collect instead. I found one and it’s also unobtainable.

1 Like

You don’t get to dictate to me what kind of things should or shouldn’t make me or my sister happy. Also, thanks for the attack on my mental health.

3 Likes

You suspiciously have a current heroic clear (1 of each boss) at an ilvl that no PUG would have invited you to as your only end-game content cleared. So I’m going to go out on a limb and guess you bought it. You also have no AoTCs, KSMs, PVP achievements, etc. What time-gated content are you boasting about that your sister would expect to be able to earn based on seeing you have it?

This post sounds more like you expect to come back 5 years after content is relevant and get it for free when other people had to try hard to get it.

14 Likes

Guys, I showed up to my familys Christmas on Jan 16th and those inconsiderate jerks didn’t have Christmas dinner ready when I got there. Do you think this is extremely unfair hurtful towards me? Should They have Christmas dinner put out and ready to consume just for me all the time?

8 Likes

Arent you over here dictating what should make other people happy?

“You shouldn’t be unhappy if they brought back everything I want” is basically your point.

11 Likes

You still don’t get it, do you? One title was earned if you defeated the boss on Hard or Mythic. Yes, Mythic was a thing during Legion. The other title is only earned if you defeat the boss on Mythic. It went from Hard and Mythic to just Mythic. That goalpost was moved. It’s NOT a complaint. I’m NOT saying they should change it. I’m NOT asking for that title to be awarded to me because I killed Sark on Hard. IT WAS AN OBSERVATION. If I want that title I will earn it, get this, because at least I CAN earn it.

I didnt attack your mental health.

But I am saying you are saying some things that could be viewed as hypocritical.

8 Likes

Oh, your entitlement is totally making sense now.

Anyway, every new season has new seasonal rewards people can earn. So… earn them if you want some time-gated swag on your account. I was a core raider in a guild during Naxx LK and I overslept the night the guild did the Undying run, so I missed out. What? 14 years later? I still don’t have it, and when I see someone else wearing it I think about how I should have set an alarm for my nap–but it’s not like something I come here and make a post about expecting to cheapen the value of others having it so I can (and I was in a position to actually get it at the time it was current). lol

6 Likes

Are we not talking about the title you get after killing Algalon the Observer from Ulduar?