Having "missed out" is ruining the game for me

Blizzard has definitely pushed FOMO stuff more since the time you quit. I’d say it’s not clear what’s gone and what’s still obtainable, but it’s not like there’s an in-game list of titles that you’re browsing, so it’s not like it’s misleading. Just lacking information in general. Maybe there SHOULD be an in-game list of titles and their sources.

Eh. It’s never quite the right difficulty when scaled. We have different abilities now. different talent options. Scaling wouldn’t put us at exactly the point we were back then either. They’d have to fiddle with it via PTR testing just like any other content release. And that’s a lot of backlog to go through when the reward was intended to get people to keep playing instead of taking breaks in the first place.

Even the Mage Tower, which someone mentioned they brought back and made permanent, isn’t the OLD Mage Tower. Those rewards are gone forever. The permanent version got recolors of still-available armor sets.

Anyway, point being, yes, they have the ability to scale things, but that wasn’t the point of the FOMO rewards. The point was FOMO. Which I understand is frustrating but that’s what it is.

The forums changed platforms since you left, Post counts got wiped and such.

You know what, you’re right. My info is wrong and I have made a mistake.

I’d argue that there is far more content no longer accessible pre-Cataclysm than post.

You are contemplating quitting because you can’t get a title… Might as well just quit and never play a live service game ever again.

7 Likes

Are you referring to Cata’s world revamp, mostly? Because that’s a different situation entirely.

Blizzard has decided that creating more FOMO for players whose self-value is found in having more FOMO is more valuable to the game than the downsides of this - which definitely are real.

1 Like

Op is beginning to sound more and more like a Sunday thread.

1 Like
  1. Most of my characters are one a mostly dead realm, Misha, that I started playing because I talked some of my friends to play Wow and, at the time, new players were being directed to Misha. They started there and so I made characters there to play with them. I transferred three of my toons to Silvermoon recently but I have more that need to be transferred.

2. Most of my characters have been leveled up through Legion content. They aren’t going to be in any of the other expansions long enough to earn anything I haven’t already earned.

i have limited experience but maybe this will help: there was this mount called the deathwheel that i had and ppl griped that they couldn’t get it anymore but then got over it. some said, “had to be there, if it was such a big deal to you then why weren’t you playing the game” others said, “no it should still be open for you to get.”

what do i think? if you were so interested in having these things then why did you quit for 5 years and miss it all. or did i miss the whole post?

As opposed to people who have their self value being based on spamming forums with nothing but overly dramatic negative posts.

8 Likes

“The Faceless One” is one of the hardest to get legacy achievements in the game and if they just gave it away for free to everyone who came back it would defeat the coolness factor of it entirely.

7 Likes

That is not what I’m asking for at all. I would love to have a chance to actually earn it.

Probably should have played when that stuff was available . Thats how it works and i for 9ne am fine with it. People who puy in thw work an game time should have things others who didny dont.

5 Likes

I didn’t have the time to play anymore. My best friend was having some issues and I was spending most of my time helping him. He then passed away. I was about to get back into a wow shortly after but then life got in the way. Over the course of the five years, I was away between the end of Legion and now I lost two friends (one to drugs and the other a stroke), my mother (infection she acquired during a hospital stay), my step-father (still don’t know why), and my cat. Sometimes life keeps you from doing the things you want to do.

You know that skin is still available, right?

3 Likes

I did not know that. I just assumed it was that way since I saw someone complaining about that specific skin in here not that long ago. I guess I have some research to do on that specific thing. Sorry for getting that wrong.

She isn’t, you aren’t, new players aren’t. If you want it that bad then get others when they are available. All the content you enjoy is still doable, you miss out on nothing other than seeing 1 person and you’re like “oh cool he has x reward”.

Can you guarantee me right now that at some point in the future, I will be able to at least try and earn a title that fits the same aesthetic as “%, the Faceless One” or “%, Servent of N’Zoth”? No, you can’t. If I want Chocolate Ice Cream I won’t be settling for Mint Chocolate Chip.

Can we agree that a title, at the end of the day, is not very important?

If you want people to see “Elendrya, the Faceless One” just download TRP3 and make that your title in the addon.

4 Likes

Amazing to see all of the people defending FOMO in this thread.

5 Likes