Have you been forced from a shard while remaining active?

Why cant we get of sharding? Is there a good reason why?

3 Likes

I’ve had it happen to me while planting seeds in Emerald Dream.

I’ll plant a seed, wait for the timer to count down, but I’m thrown off the shard before it counts all the way down, and then I’m unable to harvest the seed.

It doesn’t happen often, but I can remember 2 specific times it happened near the world boss there, so it might have something to do with that.

4 Likes

It’s not. What you’re seeing is a bias due to that being when it bothers people. I see myself bounce shards often when I’m in non-critical situations. I just don’t care because I’m sitting on my mount high up out of the way.

I’ve had it happen so many times I hesitate to contribute to outdoor events. Superblooms, planting/watering seeds, Iskaara feasts, Grand Hunts, Dreamsurge, Researchers Under Fire, fighting various named mobs across the isles, etc. are all activities that have been ruined by a sudden shift to another shard.

I hope delves are not vulnerable to this problem. Sharding problems in Dragonflight have left me wanting none of the work put into DF’s outdoor activities to carry forward into the future.

2 Likes

I just got sharded at a Suffusion Camp, on Moon Guard, no warmode. I heard Fyrakk’s yell indicating the boss was going to be landing in due time. Took me a bit longer than it should’ve to realize since I saw some people fighting the Azure Pathfinder (I think that’s the name of the rare) in the distance, so I checked the map to see if I had time to go tag, didn’t see Fyrakk. When the rare was dead I went back to wait for the boss, checked my map, then realized at the top of my screen was Fyrakk’s Fury only at 11%.

3 Likes

More ammo @Ravij
This was just in the top 10 in the Bug report forum, didn’t scroll much further.

1 Like

Perhaps a blue response will happen soon regarding this huge issue.

Yup. Twice now in the last 45 minutes trying to get dreansurge 100 crystals done. Final stage boss disappeared a couple times right before fight engaged. Several people around also gone lol. Not fun at all. They will continue to ignore the phasing crap, because it’s the usual working as intended rubbish they will spew :crazy_face:

2 Likes

Newest sharding for me was in AH . Was looking though gear looking for some thing and bam get sharded . Give up log off , sure is getting harder to log on

2 Likes

It just happened to me on the 3rd part of the grand hunt. I got the ordeer for the next part and then everything just went away.

2 Likes

Could you make your next post kind of more aggressively whiny and about “me, me, me?”

I really wanted to make a “name checks out” joke and you weren’t hissi enough.

3 Likes

Aannd I didn’t get my reward! And I killed the monster! This game hates me! Whaaatt aboouut meeeeee?!

How’s that? :slight_smile: :rofl:

2 Likes

Yep… Name checks out.

(perfect!)

1 Like

Oh this happens to me all the time. AH window will suddenly close out of nowhere and if I try to reopen it I’ll either get nothing and can’t reopen it, or I’ll get a message about an internal error and still can’t open it. I have to walk away from the auctioneers and then back to apparently “refresh” them and allow me to reopen it. Very rarely it won’t force-close the window and I’ll go to purchase something and get the same “internal error” message and can’t buy anything. It also happens while I’m mogging. The window doesn’t close but when I click apply it does nothing. I’ll hear the sound effect but not the sound of money being taken. I have to do the same thing, walk away then back and reopen it.

Sharding is just broken all to hell now, doing it whenever and wherever it wants to.

2 Likes

maybe there would be more employees to work on problems like this if…oh wait never mind.

at the very least the sharding system needs to be disabled immediately, until a fix can be found and implemented. or leave all those “copies” out there and let us shift if we are in a crowded one.

IMO, pretty much all outdoor content is affected and unplayable.

blizzard fix your…“stuff”.

2 Likes

Thank you for the eagle eyes!

Sorry for my disappearance everyone; had a lil me-time break but I’m back to trying to get eyes on this!

1 Like

And it just happened again. What’s the point of starting hunts if they are just going to stop with no warning?

I can’t comment on your other post, but you say my issue at the lunker sighting is not about phasing, although I’m pretty sure it is. We are all in a raid group (members would typically be in the same shard as the party leader and if they are booted to another shard it would be as a group) and the error message on the raid frames is about joining the proper phase, so it is not exactly the same as the others.

I’m happy to have more attention on both issues, however. I was about to fight Fyrakk’s disciple just now as it landed and everyone in my shard moved to one that was at 0% event progress and the disciple despawned. This type of thing has been happening for awhile, though; I reported the same problem almost a year ago.

1 Like

The tooltip you get in game says phasing but it’s a most certainly a sharding issue. (They don’t have a tooltip for saying you’re in a different shard as someone so it’s just a recycle of the “phasing” tooltip) I’ve had/seen this same issue happen twice as you described, once when joining a friends group for a Big Dig and had to go to Orgrimmar, drop group, rejoin and then go back to where I was to get it to work. The 2nd time someone else was experiencing the issue. My belief is it’s because the shard you’re trying to join is full so they won’t let you in.

I’ll be sure to add your 1 year old bug report to the ever growing link list though!

2 Likes

this is ruining the game for me on a daily basis

3 Likes