Have u done yer Taxes?

I used Turbo tax got it done and got my refund.

2 Likes

Gotta wait til the 24th for the CRA website to update their Netfile nonsense so i can do them with a free program /shrug

Unfortunately had to stop trekking in the desert and do themā€¦ IRS even reaches Volā€™dun :frowning:

Paid $2k abouts

My tax person will be doing it soon, slacking a bit getting them the paperwork.
Sadly my return will be weak, if it happens at all this year, thanks to the guvment, my son turning 18 last year and my wifeā€™s jobs not taxing her properly so sheā€™ll owe. Ugh.
Hoping I get something back though, rely on it for car inspection, kidā€™s birthdays, store mounts(and future expansion) annnnd maybe my funko pop obsession. Donā€™t judge. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Yeah, I owe $1300. Definitely going to wait to pay that lol.

1 Like

Who is using their Tax Refund to buy Longboi?!?!?!?

I got $2500 federal return. Unfortunately, I work in Illinois and live in Indiana so I owed like $400 to Indiana and got back $300 from Illinois.

Iā€™m dead, I donā€™t pay taxes. In fact, Stormwind pays me to stay out of the city. They call me some sort of hero but I know that they just want to keep dead people off the streets.

demon hunters live in another dimension, weā€™re not paying taxes.

IRL: i havenā€™t had taxable income since 2012 (disabled veteran). since then, iā€™ve lived with family members who claim me as dependent when they file their returns

In-game: i figure i pay way too much postage mailing stuff between my alts

Once I get my W-2, I will. They lost mine in the mail. :roll_eyes:

They are done.

Doing my taxes was more stimulating than logging in, and with such a copious amount of free time, I was able to defeat the Tax-Man. All in all, it felt good. I felt like I was fighting against a truly evil and god-like entity (which I was). Hands down one of the best encounters Iā€™ve ever done, and even better? Iā€™m going to be paid for doing it, rather than paying to access it.

Huzzah!

2 Likes

not intelligent people, thatā€™s for certain. 5million gold still costs about the same amount of money as 2 high tier expansion pack preorders (2 accounts premium Shadowlands) in exchange to use more gold. Itā€™s far more profitable to just unlock draenorā€™s AH.

1 Like

My returns get taken for defaulted student loan debt so I am never in a hurry.

Ouch. Thats rough.

Jan 22, the day I got my W2, I donā€™t mess around, I need this paper

Ah, a great guild. I was sad when I heard they quit.

Apologies and no offense to any H&R Block agents here, but really donā€™t use these guys. You end up owing almost every time because a lot of them donā€™t have the proper training to figure out your reductions and refunds.

Go to someone who actually specializes in filing taxes and I bet youā€™ll break even or get a refund. H&R Block said I owed $3,000 in taxes which I knew to be total BS so I went to a local company and walked out with a $1,500 refund because they know how to do the job.

1 Like

I mean that depends on how you do your taxes. I have never paid in and Iā€™m getting ready to turn 30. When I lived in MN I had them raking me over the coals as a forced savings method, then I also got a good chunk of change back at the end of the year. Plus MN had renterā€™s credit so that was worth about 80% of a monthā€™s rent back at the end of the year.

When I moved to Iowa I was worried about the cost of living difference so I changed it so I got more per paycheck and I was basically breaking even yearly, never bothered to change it back. Bought a house at the end of 2017 so I got my first refund last year so I assume Iā€™ll see that again this year. I guess Iā€™m not sure what the impact of marriage is to taxes, but kids are tax breaks so I donā€™t really expect much to change I guess. Time will tell.

IMO, but if youā€™re doing it ā€œrightā€ you should not get much or not pay much at the end of the year. If you have to pick one make it so you get a big return because then itā€™s your forced savings method by reducing your consistent paycheck and tricking your brain into wanting to save money as best as possible. Then when the refund comes itā€™s a nice ā€œbonusā€. Unless you quite literally need that money the day you get it thereā€™s no reason to get it all and then have to dread tax season.

1 Like

I can hear Cartman asking ā€œwhatā€™s a tax a**hole?!?ā€