Have u done yer Taxes?

Dont procrastinate if u havent!

Hubby already hired someone to do ours. Unfortunately we owe uncle sam…

Sigh Death and taxes

looks at calendar

I got two months left. They make me wait for a refund, they can wait for me to pay them.

Jerks.

10 Likes

Hopefully Taxes before Death.

I have a good accountant. Last year I owed $8 and the year before I owed $2.

1 Like

Mine have been done for 3 weeks.

1 Like

I claimed a few losses on failing cafes I bought a couple years ago.

10 years of taxfreedom!

3 Likes

I don’t pay taxes I’m 16 :sunglasses: have fun adults

5 Likes

Yup, did mine 2 weeks ago already.

Did mine 2 days after they starting accepting returns.

Not quite sure what I will do with my return as I don’t make much.

Filed mine today actually, getting a decent return so good things.

No, I haven’t. I haven’t in a couple of decades, as a matter of fact. It’s a side benefit of having married an accountant.

3 Likes

You’ve already paid your taxes out of your paychecks last year.

If you expect a refund, the longer you wait to file the longer the gov’t keeps your money.

Unless you are expecting to owe on your taxes you aren’t making them wait for anything, you’re just letting them keep your money longer.

3 Likes

Already done, eFiled and received the return.

$1700 back on a low 6 figure salary. In 26 years Ive never had to pay in.

Looking forward to retiring in 3.5 years!

2 Likes

Our accountant does our personal and business taxes. We are caught up to where we should be at this point.

you can still file, and when your 19, you will get yur backpay GST! :smiley:
if you live in a country where GST is paid back anyways…lol

1 Like

When I’ve filed immediately, they make ME wait for several weeks before they give me a refund.

I was referring to EXACTLY this. I am expecting to have to pay again this year, just I have done the last three years since my children are now grown and I can’t use them as a deduction anymore.

I know how taxation works, I’ve been doing my own taxes for the last 25 years. I was even offered a job by Jackson Hewitt when I used them once to file the taxes I filled out myself.

Please don’t talk down to me like I don’t know how it works.

1 Like

If you have a job, technically you pay taxes. You’re just lucky enough to get everything back because you’re young.

Savor it while you can, it doesn’t stay that way forever.

2 Likes

I did late last month and in fact already have the refunds (federal and state) in my bank account, which is going to work nicely to pad out moving expenses.

1 Like

Well you gave no indication of your tax status or expectations of paying/getting a refund since you mentioned both.

As an accountant myself, who spends 6 days a week right now doing taxes, your words are pretty much verbatim what I hear people say when they are assuming they are somehow “sticking it to the man” by waiting to file while expecting a refund.

Maybe you should learn to not take things so personally and see an attack where none was intended?

3 Likes