Have the horde figured out they are being farmed?

I know its a hard concept for your zerg brain to grasp but switching from offense to defense to prevent the other team from winning is tactical.

2 Likes

You mean running by IBGY and getting SHGY then eventually taking that and allowing alliance everything else then using your horde cave rez to steadily make alliance rez at the last 5% of the map?

Don’t sit here and act like you guys defend IBGY at all, you knew you didn’t need to because as soon as SHGY was capped alliance would no longer rez any where near the middle or bottom of the map and instead rez all the way up north at SPGY.

Alliance had to initially defend SHGY and attack a graveyard and cap it before they were allowed to push.

Horde didn’t need to defend anything because their cave graveyard bailed them out of poor play Everytime.

Horde got to literally use all 40 players on offense until they soft capped SHGY and then go throw 20 players into IBGY to retake it and it didn’t matter if they died because when horde died at IBGY they now rez up to 20 at a time in their cave right next to IBGY.

Any alliance who died defending IBGY had no where to rez so they went all the way to SPGY.

Vanilla AV favored horde MASSIVELY.

5 Likes

QFT

I have the upmost confidence this thread will dissolve into a handful of people telling each other how they dont know wtf they are talking about. AV conversations always turn into cancer

2 Likes

This entire thread is going to be horde denying the massive advantage they had in classic with AV.

Every battleground was 50/50 win rate horde magically think they are just better at AV and had a 95% win rate in classic.

2 Likes

This is the first time an alliance player has admitted this in 15 years. There’s a post about it by me that people would try to meme on me about but it turns out I was 100% correct.

Horde players know how to win, its just that you’re not playing vs those players in Battlegrounds anymore. We used to turtle and outplay ally rushers for a while in classic and allies had the same issue you are talking about, they didn’t adapt and use their inherent map advantage, they just kept trying to rush.

It’s just the way of players in PvP, they take the path of least resistance, even when its to their own detriment.

2 Likes

Walk us through your logic. You win 80% of the time because the map is ‘balanced?’

Interesting theory. Flesh it out for us.

2 Likes

Alliance created a discord because they were so bad at PvP they literally couldn’t win a random match against PUG horde players, just so they could abuse the matchmaking system to force instant unstoppable 10 minute wins on a map that was supposedly in horde’s favor per those same allies.

Just shows you how dishonest and objectively false their narrative was. They’ve always had the advantage in AV from day 1, and the moment they allowed horde vs horde it could no longer be denied.

2 Likes

I play this way as alliance too.
I’m there for honor, not AV marks. AV marks are in my mailbox being deleted.
So I don’t understand the rush just to win, either. You end up getting less.

1 Like

Easier for Alliance to base race. Horde doesn’t want to drag out games defending for a potential win.

So Alliance should win most of the time.

HvH didnt work in AV…youre clueless and spouting bias information.

The map is currently balanced, the difference is both factions race now and Alliance are better at racing.

Alliance used a premade to win in AV and it still wasnt a free win because of how overpowered horde cave rez was. You would know that if you even did AV.

Also if Alliance were so “bad” at pvp then why were the other bgs all 50/50 win rates for pug vs pug EXCEPT AV??

You honestly gonna sit there and say that horde were just that good at only 1 BG?

This really isnt that hard to figure out that the classic AV map was massively horde favored.

2 Likes

Ranking isn’t tied to AV with 2 hour queues.

isn’t like every char in AV a lowbie alt now. Or someone watching netflix grinding the “blizzlike” snail’s pace honor gain.

pug vs pug means nothing when any ally player serious about ranking was premading. The % of pvpers pugging on Alliance was vastly lower than horde, since Ally could insta premade 24/7 vs horde’s half-hour queues. Even grabbing 2-3 friends or randoms off trade chat could secure a win.

Ally rankers largely didn’t play AV at all, especially past bwl phase. It could be “premaded” but needed coordination, 40 people, and an addon (until nerfed), and also wasn’t an instant pop.

This meant AV ally-side was literally all new chars grinding rep or the free mount. These new chars unsurprisingly had 0% winrate and assumed this must be due solely to the map imbalance. (but if the map was so imbalanced how were the 40 man premades winning their games?)

Horde-side, AV was the premier honor farm, since all the enemies were greenies in their 50s. Horde were playing their hardest, popping consumes, recklessness etc after waiting 2 hour queues. Allies simply chilled for the quick mark/rep.

Now the TBCC meta is pve-race, with near-insta queues both sides. Ironically the map is now imbalanced in ally’s favor (in this meta) since Ally will always reach towers sooner, cap without killing archers, defend easier with bridge, have rams/dwarf mobs with charge stun, and have an easier time in the horde base. Also being a PVE heavy faction, Ally have more pve tanks in AV.

Lol at “alliance are better at racing”, i hope you mean the map and not the players. Or do u actually mean a faction can be better at right-clicking a flag, afking for 5 mins, tank/spanking a boss?

3 Likes

“When I’m winning it’s balanced. When I’m not winning it’s imbalanced.”
Not even just PvP, but everything.

Why do people even care about winning AV? You get most of the honour from the towers, AV marks are useless as you spam it for honour anyway and the PvP in the battleground is awful.

Genuinely confuses me when I see teams pull Drek/Vann early to win and miss out on capping 2 of the 4 towers. Kneecapping your own honour rates for worthless AV marks lmao.

All lies.

I was horde in classic for almost half of it and there was a topic about it created by a horde guy and I showed screen shots of all my horde games and I had an add-on that showed average levels and ranks of each player and each faction and they were all typically equal.

You had alliance trying every strat even including hiding by a hill or in a house to try and win to graveyard walking from spgy to IBGY to try and defend it. The simple fact is the horde cave was literally the best graveyard in the entire game.

This whole “we tried harder” excuse is nuts, you didn’t need to try the cave rez made sure of it.

I’m sure the AV balance changes that hit TBC we’re all just a huge coincidence tho right? Removing the cave graveyard as an option until the faction had no other graveyards owned, pretty massive alliance buff huh?

Or the change that moved the cave back, pretty huge alliance buff right?

Funny all those changes were the exact cause of Alliance losing in classic AV.

who cares, av is a afk free honor sleepfest

Yeah, I could honestly care less, main way that I’ve been winning AV’s consistently anyway was playing on defense on mage and blizzarding Drek’s room before the alliance prepare to engage him.Then it leaves them unready to start and snared while Drek and his minions start to attack the alliance by the hall way near the entrance.Rinse and repeat for 5 more times of that and the horde win.Other than that, yeah the horde aren’t having such a great time.Although, like I said I don’t care about AV or bgs for that matter because of arenas, I just do it for the daily rq then move on.

Alliance side of AV map requires more teamwork than the horde side. It did in classic and it still does. Horde zerged the same location on the map in classic and won by taking one graveyard. It didn’t even need to be said when games started. No strategy involved. Zug zug stonehearth and win. Horde no longer have a braindead strategy and it shows.

4 Likes

Yeah ok thats why the alliance base practically auto defends itself with just the archers and pack of npc trash mobs. Totally believe you mr alliance dude.

2 Likes