Have the horde figured out they are being farmed?

It’s an honest question.

Do the horde know they are being farmed in AV?

They do the same thing over and over even though they know they are going to lose 80 to 90% of the matches.

Many horde players are convinced the map is rigged in the allies favor, which for zerging purposes, it is. So instead of adjusting accordingly, they seem to believe that if they do the same thing over and over, their luck will eventually change.

Sadly a handful of Horde players know what they are doing, but they are drowned out by the angsty majority of neverwas’s who believe they can consistently out zug the zuggers.

6 Likes

Horde use to win 100% of the time in classic. What happened?

1 Like

Well, people farm each other in battlegrounds yes. That’s the whole point.

I still remember playing alliance side in Classic and I had a freshly dinged 60. That was after playing horde. Anyway as ally we’d just sit at SHGY and kill horde and loot their corpses and the looting part was very important. Don’t loot them too fast or before they release. Someone sat and held the druids so we could turn in endless crystals. Then at some point, horde would take SHGY and we’d do the same at SPGY. Farm horde corpses there. At some point, we’d do our turn-ins for that sweet rep.

Then at some other point, the horde would kill Vann and win the game but we’d have the rep and we’d do it all over again with a fresh game. The mood wasn’t terrible because everyone was there for rep and everyone was happy farming the horde corpses for rep. This went on for about 10 months until the ally started playing differently and trying.

For real I know there was a lot more to this, and nobody was doing anything wrong, and the alliance got the short end in those days I described, but at the end of the day, the point of BGs is to farm each other for honor/rep.

5 Likes

I’ve tried for a while to tell them that their racing north fails a good 90% or so of the time. It didn’t work in classic when their cave was further north. It doesn’t get any better with the cave being south. The sad pathetic reality is that they’d rather lose quickly than fight for a victory. Our glory days of AV are over. The horde is a bunch of whipped peons now that are happy to roll out the carpet and let alliance stroll in to murder drek. I usually just go for balinda then wait for the match to end. With most matches losing anyway, the next best thing is to maximize secondary rewards (kill captain, burn bunkers).

They won all the time in classic because they defended their damn base. They were usually ready at IB from the start. When you went south, they went south and cleared you out. When you capped something, they recapped it. They didn’t let you do anything on the map and usually drove you to the cave. The classic horde that won 99% defended and fought. They didn’t just base race, a bad tactic for horde.

6 Likes

Alliance boosted Horde toons.
Real Horde PvPers quit AV well over a year ago.

8 Likes

The cave was moved back and the Horde no longer have a homefield advantage.

15 Likes

Now that the map is balanced (and furthermore there is no benefit to a long drawn out game with reinforcements) we now see that the Horde now lose more often to not, as zugging is no longer a valid startegy but tactics and teamplay is. Something the Alliance has always had an advantage over the Horde with. So it comes to no surprise that Horde are now losing most games

4 Likes

Blah blah frikkin blah

Um im sorry but alliance have never been the side of “tactics and teamplay” you guys are the innovators of zerg strats if anything. Been that way for at least 15 years.

4 Likes

I recall virtually every BG being a zerg when able to be one, otherwise it just was stalemated. As a Horde player.

1 Like

Map change + ranking system change.

AV was BiS for ranking so you got sweaty horde chain running it with severe map advantage.

Now the try hards just do arena.

7 Likes

Its amazing because I remember you complaining last year about how the horde keep turtling in AV and killing the alliance’s honor per hour from games taking to long.

1 Like

Go ahead and find my post about that then.

Well not you specifically but the alliance as a whole. You guys have never been about teamplay in classic pvp.

Lol farmed?
You are the ones being farmed friend, I sit in the IBT and just murder your mindless drones that wally in thinking they are going to get a free cap. By the time they actually get the towers its too late.

Because… it’s Classic, not vanilla. And outside of zerging in AV, we generally lost. Most of the players interested in PvP in Classic went Horde for every obvious reasons.

You are going off on a tangent. Its not about winning or losing. The person I replied to was saying that the alliance are the teamplay side and accused the horde of zerging (zugging=zerging), which is undeniably false. The alliance have always been the side for zerging.

It hasn’t, though. My original response was that it wasn’t always the zerg faction. We’ve only become it in the last handful of years because virtually all of the serious PvPers left the faction - due to Blizzard’s failure.

It only makes sense that due to Blizzard’s new failure, all the serious PvPers went Horde in Classic when given the blatantly obvious advantage, so what was largely left were less serious players that cared more about honour per hour.

1 Like

Factually wrong yet again. The alliance have been zerging in AV since original tbc.

1 Like

Which was the start of many players migrating to the Horde, but as I played Horde at this time, I remember most of my AV’s being zergs at this time.