Have posts ever been merged here before on the forums?

i worked hard racking up 124 replies and writing 3 words out just for it to be merged with another megapost wow

Ya.

IIRC they did it with one of the scandals, think it was the Free Taiwan protest in Korea. In that case it was more of a damage control thing. Throw every thread into a single unmanageable thread which makes it impossible to have discussion while making it look like no one cares because there’s only one thread about it.

What was weird is they did the exact same thing on r/wow. Latest PR technique for the time I think.

The strategy is usually pick or create an OP that’s mostly benign and throw all the real complaints into that.

they did it with my AH mount post i am so sad. :frowning:

Happens all the time. The posts that aren’t flat out deleted because they’re just spam, are consolidated to other larger conversations.

A bunch of the 11.0.5 Quality Assurance and overall complaint posts got 404’d right before the bruto ripcord got deployed.

A bunch of them had A LOT of replies and were up all day yesterday.

It reeks of damage control.

Yeah, it happens.
One time it happened in a thread I already replied to, so I edited one of the post to tell myself hello.

Was it?

That’s where this one get stuffed.

Blatantly obvious they are doing this

Pretty disgusting behavior.