Have hunters tested the mm spec with mm cs st runes now, what is the result

Amen brother. #metoo

2 Likes

Justify and explain how these hunters are MM.

1 Like

timing aimed shot to the exact instant right after your autoshot every time has a way higher skill ceiling

chimera shot + aimed shot + sniper training
 you don’t have to be a genius to figure out that aimed shot is a MM talent

The bottom line is this:

Unless they significantly buff Lone Wolf or Serpent Sting / Chimera Shot damage, BM will always be better than Chimera Shot. Period.

Explosive Shot may have niche encounters where it is better than BM, but overall - like 99% of the time - BM will always be better.

Chimera and Explosive Shot should not be on gloves. If they remain on gloves, they are useless (even to MM Hunters) so long as Lone Wolf remains trash.

2 Likes

The second highest parse on that list doesn’t use beast mastery. They cast a single (1) aimed shot then entire fight. I can promise you that using aimed shot is as brain dead as any other class or spec in classic. You let your auto shot happen, then cast aimed shot.

https: //vanilla .warcraftlogs .com /reports/faGtCmDNPABjWdYy#boss=-2&wipes=2&start=1188406&end=2052601&type=damage-done&source=1

Do you see aimed shot here? Is he with you in the room, right now?

I can confidently say the majority of top hunters, even if MM, will not use aimed shot unless they are crit fishing.

How can I say that? Aimed is a lvl down from rank. It’s just not viable.

that’s why I said people are still figuring out the rotation, maybe including aimed shot in your rotation is a dps increase, but it’s difficult to do it right without clipping your autoshot and without delaying your next auto too much, hence the higher skill ceiling

It’s impossible to do without clipping autoshot. We don’t have the nef bow. It’s a trash spec. If aimed shot was the “core spell” Blizz is pushing us to make up for nerfs, this is a circus

2 Likes

Explosive shot should be on legs. It’s the weaker of the two shots, and the other leg runes are worthless for someone not using beast mastery. Even sniper training is trash because of its low uptime / long CD. The reason the other guy picked aku’mai specifically is because it’s the lowest movement fight. On the murloc for example sniper training provides no bonus.

For lone wolf to be viable it will need to give double its current damage modifier, increase hunter stats by 20% and give the hunter utility to keep a target at range.

2 Likes

he’s not on the list I posted, how should I know?

its just the same talents beast mastery but you use chimera shot and wind serpent thats the top meta atm.

1 Like

yea, It’s the most tank n spank fight, that’s why I picked to compare pure dps

I ran MM last night. chim shot, master marksman (had an alt hunter with us), and flanking strike / flex pants rune w/ the 2.0 cat.

Felt totally fine to me. My group isn’t super sweaty, so the mana changes basically made MM viable when it previously was not. Theres no way i could have used chim shot on cd for the entire aku fight previously, for example.

Just anecdote, but i enjoyed it.

This. Anything else is a meme pvp shadowmeld build.

I tried explaining this to someone else and they don’t understand it. The BIS bow right now when equip with the BIS quiver is a 2.52 attack speed. Casting aimed shot is 3 seconds. You always clip auto shot. The slowest ranged weapon in the game is the crossbow from bwl with a 3.4 attack speed, with the BIS quiver available then the equip attack speed is ~2.88, aimed shot is 3 seconds so you always clip an auto shot.

Using aimed shot is simply, let auto shot happen then cast aimed shot. There’s no skill there. It’s extremely basic, and you don’t even need a shot timer to do it effectively.

3 Likes

Seems like you could easily do an entire melee weave instead of wasting time and mana on aimed shot.

1 Like

yea, you’ll always delay your next autoshot, but the tricky part is to delay the least possible, but if youre attacking every 2.4 seconds, it’s a dps increase to attack twice in 3 seconds every cooldown

So you mean run the BM rune and just keep playing the same way everyone already has been.

And it would do more damage at lvl 25 with Flanking and Raptor than R1 Aimed Shot, which is an autoshot + 70 flat damage and essentially a waste of a cast except to use to pull because it’s 1 1/2 of the epic.

edit: apostrophe & wrong skill cuz im mad

1 Like