Have alpha testers given up on warlocks?

There’s a decent amount of activity in the alpha forums, usually less than a day before someone adds to a class thread.

The warlock one?

FIFTEEN DAYS.

If people don’t continue to push feedback, I worry the devs will assume we all think warlocks are fine. Hope nobody complains when warlocks suck in SL.

13 Likes

I mean I know FinalBossTV in their review vids are gonna be including my compilation feedback thread in their videos. Kalamazi is Not Happy (love his death glare) and his next Feedback attempt might have a tone shift (I hope). Felplagued’s MMOC Thread kinda died but she’s still discussing things on the MMOC forums moreso. Even my thread is being aggressively upbeat and “productive”. Bellular made a “mea culpa, my bad” video after backlash for his "Warlock is Great :smiley: there are no problems :smiley: it’s so cool and amazing :smiley: ", which certainly I don’t think he’s ever done before, so demonstrates community needs.

I think everyone wants to play nice right now because we’re scared if we bite or bark too hard we’ll be ignored. Very “beat dog” behavior.

2 Likes

I’ve seen all the YouTube videos, including Bellular’s (as well as his poll on the 3 things you want changed for each spec). I’ve seen the threads on MMOC and Wowhead. I’m sure there’s back door feedback being provided directly to Blizzard, which is great.

However, I’m specifically referring to the alpha forums, and the warlock thread that has seen no activity in 15+ days.

Feels like the majority of warlock testers have moved on, or just aren’t interested in providing feedback on the official Blizzard alpha forums. :woman_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes

I mean our feedback has been Walls Of Text with zero blue posts

Meanwhile *gestures to Pally and Druid thread *

12 Likes

Can you blame them? Blizzard themselves don’t give a f* about warlocks.

I’ve given up on shadowlands myself. First the lack of design on warlocks besides a few things in affliction and curses, that are mostly underwhelming, second they put a timer on another content for “difficulty” which is not remotely fun playing the slowest class in the game. I’m just done with shadowlands if they keep going down this path.

“We’re happy with how they are” is what they basically said, even tho players are not.

6 Likes

Ugh. Don’t even get me started.

I’m hoping desperately that the devs are keeping an eye on your wonderful thread for non-alpha tester feedback, and taking it seriously.

I’m just so worried that if people give up on giving feedback, the impression will be left that we’re satisfied with the class, and no further changes will be made.

1 Like

Ppl already gave them entire texts of feedback on everything that is possible. Because there’s not much to say if they didn’t even bother touching the class properly. So what can we even do?

4 Likes

Exactly, its a sit back and see what they use to sink the ship. I’ve left room near the Spriests and the cat druids. We have a good view from here. Join us!

1 Like

The only thing we can do is wait and the longer we wait for anything the worse its going to be. The ball is in their side of the court and has been for bout a month-and-a-half now…with nothing to show for it.

2 Likes

Correction sense BFA alpha and in some cases before that!

Whats the point of the feedback if they dont listen the suggestion that people made? and you still wonder why people stop the feedback.

9 Likes

Or even, respond.

If they could tell us what their thought process is so we could adequately discuss it,rather than us guessing as to why, idk, they made summons 6 seconds, guessing as to where they may budge on this dynamic, and guessing as to what solutions could be had on the basis of assumed reasons and assumed leeyway, that’d be cool.

we cant even have a short cast time for our pet, sad, however hunters can insta heal and summon pets

8 Likes

And the nerve of that Alpha Warlock Thread hunter saying “Actually, Health Funnel is superior to Mend Pet and Feed Pet”

In what world.

8 Likes

I’ve argued for years that class and spec scorecard system is needed. You can’t operate on feels here.

Grading is necessary for something so important to the game. Its the foundation of the whole experience.

2 Likes

Why bother?

Ian already said other than affliction, warlocks aren’t getting any major adjustments.

If BFA is any indication of how Blizz treats warlock feedback, there definitely isn’t any reason to leave feedback.

• K
5 Likes

I think every warlock just needs to flood the devs twitter. I’m sure if enough of us mob up on them, they’ll find it very hard to ignore.

4 Likes

Don’t really care tbh. Like, alphas and betas are for feedback. We are giving feedback, so they can’t say “we had no idea this was a glaring problem”. We are giving even constructive feedback so they can’t complain “we had no idea what to do”. He was expressing his dev opinion. “we [the devs] are happy”. Cool. So we know not to expect full spec reworks.

Except literally zero of the feedback (except for the Meta fanboys who will never let it go) is calling for a spec rework.

2 Likes

Fatbosstv too? I know FinalBossTV did, I watched that one and completely agree with mostly everything he said, and he mentioned you. If Fatboss mentions you then hell yeah!

Also, Bellulars revised warlock video is mostly spot on as well.

whoops no that was a 7 AM brain fail lmao

1 Like