Hats with hair

When? With pirate hats now, this tragedy is worst then ever. A crime against humanity even.

https://i.imgur.com/DDQaVce.png

If I can do it with 2 commands in the dressing room, it must be possible!

17 Likes

Hmm. Did we ever have the concept of hats with a wig? Felt that could be an easy design. :robot::thought_balloon:

5 Likes

Honestly I’d rather they just made it a toggle

Have your hair shown or don’t, nobody will care about the clipping (this part is a lie)

16 Likes

I’d rather not have hairs FIXED to hats, but show hairs under hats based on what was on the character model. So what if it clips? Everything clips in the game and we’re fine with it. More flexibility and options, I beg!

5 Likes

At least there could be some cool hat and wig concepts but I unfortunately have funny ideas. :robot::thought_balloon:

3 Likes

:ocean: :dragon: :ocean: :dragon:

6 Likes

I understand the problem with long hair, but when you’re using short hair, there’s really no excuse. Instead they just make you bald no matter what.

1 Like

They would have to add in a bunch of new assets.
Ideally, each and every hat will have to have a version with every hairstyle in every color.

Or they could add a hair option for every character to allow hats to cover a porion of the hair. Again in every Hairstyle in every color.

Or just having hair clipping through the hats i suppose could be an option.

Or give every hat a single generic hair look in all the colors.

either way it would be a bit of work to make.

2 Likes

This is why I tend to stick to “helms” that aren’t much more than glasses or headbands.

Or in this toon’s case, a delightfully villainous monocle.

9 Likes

Just watched a vid about WoW: Midnight. If the devs really wanted to “knock our socks off,” hats+hair would do it.

There’s some really good hats that make you bald and it sucks. However, I found a bright side to this. Since KT’s don’t have short hair options for the ladies, using a beanie makes it look like she has short hair :smiley: I can now be delusional in thinking her hair is short.

2 Likes

It is a gloriously villainous monocle.

3 Likes

Should be capable of solving it programmatically.

Union the hat model with the hair model
Delete all the hair model polygons above the base of the hat model.

No hat should hide hair, and a toggle serves no purpose.

Anyone who felt their hair was clipping with their helm undesirably can choose the bald hairstyle at the barber shop and look exactly as they do now…

2 Likes

I mean they already have a model, its the KT heritage hat, just make it a different color and give it to the masses, I want a pirate hat already that shows my hair

For every hat that they make, they should make 26 versions each with hair geosets attached that could match any race that would wear them

They should have the patience to do them for each race, especially for race-exclusive pieces from heritage armors. Void Elves can’t show their tentacles with their helm on

Or just don’t disable the hair slot with hats. I can do it with 2 commands in the dressing room, as shown in the image, shouldn’t be that hard to do honestly.

The title sounds like a rock band… but, yes, hats with hair!

1 Like

I’ve been saying this forever, we need our hair showing with hats and some head gear. I refuse to wear anything covering my head because of this. It looks rediculous losing all of my hair because I put on a hat.