Hats with hair

The only problem I see with this is that unlike GW2 that frequently does this, this game doesn’t have dyes so the color would be off. Though they could just make multiple versions. I don’t think they would ever put in the work to remodel hair under the hat like FF14 does, but even clipping at this point would be preferable.

I probably would have resubbed for the Hearthstone hat if not for the fact it makes you bald, lol

I think wigs or hats with fixed models would limit the hat options by a lot and actually is a lot of work. Best to just let hair clip and not have helmets / hats take a hair slot by toggle.

1 Like

Kul’Tiran heritage hat is another good example that it’s possible to show the hair too.

Most of the time I don’t care because I want to see the hair style I choose and am happy to use hidden or a circlet or wreath that matches the outfit.

But this head piece is really the only one that fits this character and the lack of hair really bothers me. She has a bun so not a lot would show anyway but the lack of even that fringe makes her look bald from the back, which is what I am looking at as I play her.

But if it would take a lot of resources, I have a whole laundry list of other things I rather be done with them instead. Like fixing the bugs in older content. I am getting tired of having to keep checking Wowhead to see if it’s me or the game that is screwing up and have it be the game the majority of the time (three freakin’ times doing the Harrison Jones storyline in Uldum).

1 Like

Please, gods, yes. I would prefer this over hats with hair, if I had to choose.

1 Like

Fairly certain cosmetic / armor is going to be handled by a different team than quest design / bugfix.

Fair. Both then, both is good. :alien:

1 Like

I have long hair IRL and like to have it in games too but its amazing how with litteral decades of graphics advancements, still most western studios can’t make decent hairstyles because they are so terrified of clipping. So instead we end up with mostly bobs, buns and ponytails as options. Even the elves in Lord of the Rings Online had pathetic hair options! What a bummer!

On the flipside, most eastern games I’ve played have beautiful hair options as they tend to put a higher value on aesthetics I suppose.

But reallty, I mean come on. NC Soft had long hair for dark elves in Lineage II when it released in 2003. So what gives Blizz!?

Yeah, at the end of the day it would be better than nothing. There are other instances where I think they should just let us deal with clipping anyway, like with backpacks and weapons.

the tavern crawl mini event , at the inn in Tanaris where you get a bunch of different hats to choose and wear for 4 hour durations at a time, one of the captain hats lets the hair hang down and it looks way better than the skinhead look , way better, so my point is, they did it for this event with no problems or clipping even , why the heck wont they do it with some of the new hats they make, has to be just being cheap, wont spend a few copper more on the developement.

Small indie company can’t figure it out after 20 years and billions of dollars later.

If they wanted to be lazy about it, they could borrow a page out of TERA’s book. Each race had a secondary hairstyle that the game would automatically switch you to if you were wearing equipment that would clip with your hair. For example, I had a high elf warrior and there was a chest piece that had a high collar. Normally she had long straight hair, but wearing the chest piece turned the hair into an elaborate braided bun.

I would much prefer something closer to FFXIV’s method, but if Blizzard doesn’t want to figure out a way to model all hats with all hairstyles, TERA’s way is the second best option.

Your title looks like the name of a charity for bald people.