Hated DR, Don't force it in War Within!

(Couldn’t post in other forum)
Blizzard, I HATED Dragonriding. I hate it with a fiery passion. If I could I would happily poor gasoline all over it and dance to the sight of a match burning it to ashes! It is like flames…flames on the sides of my face, growing, crawling, GAH! I HATE DRAGONRIDING!!!

Now that that is out of the way. I finally got into the beta for a few seconds before it crashed. I found out that Blizz has changed my NORMAL FLIGHT FORM FLYING AS A DRUID INTO USING THE DRAGONRIDING MECHANIC!!!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

I am seriously having a kitchen fit right now so if you could just tell me that this is all a bad dream please? REVERSE, BLIZZ, REVERSE!!!

36 Likes

There’s a button to change it to slowpoke sky swimming isn’t there?

56 Likes

Blizzard does not care what players want or what is good for the game - they only care about their “vision”. If you do not enjoy their vision, you are not playing correctly.

And I’m on your side. I want a button to permanently disable the flappy bird game.

:cookie:

32 Likes

dragonriding is fine. Much faster than normal flight. More fun than pressing auto run and alt tabbing while flying distances.

Oh that sounds fantastic, that’s what I wanted on my druid.

34 Likes

What’s wrong with it?

2 Likes

For as long as you have vigor, then you FALL OUT OF THE SKY!

8 Likes

If you rank up your flying abilities it’s nearly impossible to run out.

32 Likes

There is an option to swap it to sky swimming this has been made clear previously but um yes Dragon riding will be necessary in TWW with another Dragon Riding Dungeon where you will be mounting up mid encounter to avoid a one shot mechanic.

4 Likes

Oh hey you found a bug, congrats. Please a submit a ticket so Blizzard can continue not paying you for your services.

3 Likes

No, it isn’t. I have almost all the ranks and I run out all the time. It works great if you are flying downhill, sure. But have you ever tried flying uphill for any length of time? It doesn’t work. Want to get to the top of a mountain? GOODLUCK!

8 Likes

First there is a way to change it back to normal flying.

Second

I would rank up your abilities you can do this in the mount tab. Up above it there is a button in the mount tab for skyriding talents.

6 Likes

I would never say that. In fact I’d say my flight form is vastly superior.

That all said @op from what i understand we’ll have both eventually. Bur DR will be the only one available initially… sucks i know.

Edit: @OP - Go into your mounts tab. At the top there is a drop down that allows you to fill out your skyriding talents or a button that you can drag to your toolbars that allows you to switch the type of flight you want to use.

7 Likes

I’ve gone so far up I was reaching fatigue zones, it sounds more like to me you have issues using dragonriding. Do you need video proof?

21 Likes

I have ranked up, and I still run out!

2 Likes

You start off with the superior and fun Dragon Riding and then once the campain is done you unlock regular flying if I remember correctly

So you will either want to learn how to actually fly, or click the button to change it to old person afk flight.

Unless you just want to complain for no reason, in which case carry on.

12 Likes

Do you spam the abilities? You need to let the momentum catch for a bit, if you spam all your vigor you do more easily run out.

With 6 there is nothing I’ve had trouble reaching but if you are already low it can be difficult to suddenly climb a surface.

I’m glad normal flying is also a possibility. I would recommend switching if you want to go real high or just to explore. You can always switch back its a 6 sec switch cast I believe.

2 Likes

There was no button to change it that I could find. No one else knows of any such option. Do you?

2 Likes

You mean like the other people in this very thread telling you the same thing?

10 Likes

Regardless of how much you love riding, I HATE IT. It is a preference. The entire point is they should not change MY DRUID FLIGHT without an option to change it back. Surely we can agree on this.

8 Likes