Hate blood elves want high elves?

I got I think it is the ICC set and the matching weapon to really match one of the story characters of the time.

1 Like

There’s some magical scourge dust that is sprinkled along their spines that make em glow blue. At least that’s what that one murlock quest in the belf starting zone spoke about.

Who?
roflmao! :joy_cat:

Lich king was primarily unholy

They are better in 8.3 with the crucible on the HOA, and various corruption Random procs. Plus if you go lfd you will have the extra light beam for an additional button.

Little debate about the Lich king below, I think he is a combination of all three and we are just essence of him being Death Knights.(imho)

The way many NPCs are I believe we should go back to the older talent system. We were not a spec of a class. We were just a class.

We could build however we want. Sure there were cookie cutter builds however thematically it feels better like that.

This dude who has been arguing the whole time that belfs arent helfs despite every resource and statement of fact that has been thrown at him

1 Like

Hahaha lmaoo !

I might try it again :slight_smile:
Thanks for the info!

1 Like

He’s all three, but both Arthas and Bolivia glow blue when they cast da big voodoo. Or in Arthas’s case, always.

I just really find it unnecessary at the end of the day; we have words to differentiate them; Blood Elves and High Elves. To keep using High Elf as an umbrella term just obfuscates the conversation unnecessarily.

High Elf is currently the group of Thalassian Elves that didn’t follow Kael’thas and became Blood Elves, they can be either neutral or alliance. There’s just no need to lump blood elves when
 they literally have their own name, blood elves.

8 Likes

The only problem I have with that is the opposite obfuscation where people try to divorce the blood elves from their past. There’s not really a good way without using the phrase high elves to point out that the blood elves used to be the high elves of warcraft 2 without using that term. Yes they call themselves blood elves now, but prior to what 15 game years ago, they were the high elves.

1 Like

I would say they did that themselves by renaming themselves.

Their new name is a dirge, referencing both the blood of their many brethren who fell during the Third War, and their royal lineage

We must put this [misery behind us. We must enter a new chapter! And so I say to you that, as of this day, we are no longer [high elves]! In honor of the blood that was shed throughout this kingdom, in honor of the sacrifices of our brothers and sisters, our parents, and our children, in honor of [Anasterian]
 as of this day we will take the name of our royal lineage! As of this day, we are sin’dorei! For Quel’Thalas!

— [Kael’thas Sunstrider] proclaims the rise of the blood elves

I mean they are specifically saying were not going to be known as High Elves anymore and going back to their royal lineage, so in their minds to make that decision, what made them , the formally know as high elves cause themselves to rename Sin’dorei there must have been a difference between to correct?

6 Likes

We can literally call them “Thalassian Elves” to specifically refer to the exiled Highborne that settled on Quel’thalas as a whole.

High Elves and Blood Elves are just the current names for 2 groupings of these peoples; if High Elves changed officially their name to something else we’d start calling them like that. But the problem is why the need to use a term that can refer to a whole and a subsection when we already have terms within the discussion to refer to the whole.

It’s unnecessary and obfuscating.

4 Likes

Until you have once again people shouting about how they want the real high elves of WC2 in their proper place on the Alliance. Those elves are now for the most part dead, but after that they’re most likely the Blood Elves.

I’m just saying there’s as much bad arguing coming from people supporting the pro side (often from non-regulars to these threads) that don’t want to acknowledge that the Blood Elves are the continuation of the WC2 elves, or that the Blood Elves in renaming themselves were severing ties to their past rather than starting the next chapter of their story while memorializing their past so they do not forget what they were or what happened to them.

How close does wow even follow lore wise Warcraft series anymore nowdays? We past those games in lore and game, and yet we still have high elves showing up in Stormwind and inside the Alliance. Correct?

I mean I’m not going to take responsibility for those people lol. I’ve never been one to believe Silvermoon held any true love for the Alliance, it was always an issue of a debt.

Not because I agree that’s a bad argument I’m gonna be okay with another bad argument like “blood elves are High elves” both positions need nuance, and I’m not going to value much the position of someone that minimizes the place of the Blood Elves as the main continuation of the thalassian narrative.

Let’s not “well because they are using a poor argument we are going too” this thing.

If someone wants to deny that BE’s are the main continuation of the kingdom of Quel’thalas for me is as much nonsense as someone saying “blood elves are high elves.” I’m not going to give up on nuance because some people are either on denial or biased.

(Altough if we want o be technical, technical on the “High elves are blood elves, biologically” level, the WC2 elves are most likely, High Elves now, since their participation was basically as Alleria’s Rangers which ultimately followed her to Draenor and are now on Outland still as alliance high elves)

1 Like

Humans and elves have always been friends. Having them fight feels strange to people who have followed medieval fantasy their whole life.

The same thing happens when you find out the RED DRAGONS are good in Warcraft.

I guess my point is that I don’t agree with your assessment that “Blood Elves are High Elves” is automatically a bad argument. It covers that they take the place of the generic fantasy high elf stereotype. It covers that they are the same elves as the WC2 elves. It covers that they are biologically the same as the ones who stuck with/went back to that name.

Also I don’t think your technical analysis is correct, as it seems to imply most of the high elven military went along with Alleria.

3 Likes