Hate blood elves want high elves?

No, because in the end, it will still be High Elves for the Alliance.

Cool. So point out exactly in the lore where the Alliance High Elves called themselves Blood Elves.

1 Like

but never took the name Blood Elf. It’s his big ‘gotchya’, which is pretty lame. They’ll pile on.

So now is “word games” to point out that the High Elves we want were never Blood Elves? Heh

In the end I won’t.

Nope you are just flat out wrong.

I was talking about their appearance, saying they look the same. He knows that, he’s just signaling an attack. He knows posters aren’t going to look at the conversation or the context, just react.

2 Likes

well we know for a matter of fact the lodge hermits accepted the rebranding. only later did they revert back to ‘high’ elf. if they rejected it in that moment they would have been exiled much sooner and there was no reason to reject at this point :woman_shrugging:

also there is no lore for alliance high elves after the evacuation of dalaran, where some are said to have gone with jaina and the rest returned to quel’thalas. its all blood elf after that as far as chronicles goes/what we see in game/developer comments. and that encyclopedia entry that at least 90% of the race identifies as blood elf for reference

It could be anything. As you stated, it’s been 15 years that they have been separated. They could be more tone, different sizes, different tones of skin from light to dark. Being in a different society from your norm for a few years will change you. Maybe not dramatically, but it can happen. It doesn’t have to be completely on a biological level. Mechagnomes are gnomes that stuck metal parts to themselves. Does that mean every person with a prosthetic limb is a cyborg? Not to my knowledge.

Rip I was ignored :sweat:

Mmm, most races have more than one eye color?

Yeah but there’s a reason lorewise for it right?

Yeah? I mean, Blood Elves have predominantly green eyes because Fel energy exposure, and golden eyes because their devotion to the light.

3 Likes

Purification through the Sunwell.

1 Like

Oh okay thanks !

There’s some sort of ritual. I don’t think devotion is actually needed, but assumed.

1 Like

Yeah, in the vid they say how Priest and Paladin NPC’s would be showing up with golden eyes so that’s the bit that suggests the devotion implication.

Which I think overall it works best to explain it more as a side effect of a certain connection to the light. I don’t think there’s an specific ritual for it, no mention of such at all, and it would be kinda odd if it was a ritual for what’s ostensibly cosmetic reasons.

3 Likes

youre thinking of lightforged :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

for a high elf you just need a strong devotion to the light

1 Like

In the end, the Blood Elves no longer call themselves High Elves.

“We must put this misery behind us. We must enter a new chapter! And so I say to you that, as of this day, we are no longer high elves! In honor of the blood that was shed throughout this kingdom, in honor of the sacrifices of our brothers and sisters, our parents, and our children, in honor of Anasterian
 as of this day we will take the name of our royal lineage! As of this day, we are sin’dorei! For Quel’Thalas!”

2 Likes

in the end they are still the high elves of quel’thalas proper(and crucially still high elves) :joy:

1 Like

Name me one NPC that calls a Blood Elf “High Elf” or “Quel’dorei”.

5 Likes