Hate blood elves want high elves?

Yes, we all know numbers don’t matter and by “we” I mean virtually anyone on either side of the debate.

They don’t have to?
You’re mistaking what you want, for what the devs can and cannot do with their assets.
Like…what do you want them to do? Kill them all off so you don’t feel bad everytime you see one?
its alittle unreasonable to expect Blizzard to stop using something just because theyhaven’t made it playable.

Mmm hmm. if that what you see who am i to argue my friend.

From Ask a CDev 3

How did the blood elven fel eye glint become so widespread? The Warcraft Encyclopedia suggests that Rommath only taught the blood elves of Azeroth about how to siphon arcane magic, as most of the populace would likely be “horrified” if they knew the true extent of Kael’s dealings with Illidan.

The situation regarding blood elf eyes is, in fact, extremely similar to that of the green skin of orcs: just being around heavy use of fel magic turned the eyes of the blood elves green. You could be the most pious of priests or most outdoorsy of Farstriders, chances are, if you were a high elf in Quel’Thalas or Outland following the Third War, you were around fel energies, and your eyes would turn green. Like the orcs’ skin color, such an effect would take a very long time to wear off. Fel magic works a bit like radiation in this sense; it permeates the area and seeps into anything in the vicinity. Anything near a source of fel magic shows signs of slight corruption, it just so happens that high elves and orcs manifest it in a very visual way.

“to wear off” Seems to imply that it would go away on its own without the need of cleansing, and as holy magic users are getting gold eyes, it seems to make sense that arcane users would get Blue, seeing as the Sunwell is equally both.

1 Like

You do know that in-game numbers are not canon numbers. So claiming that there is only a few individual High Elves when the real fact is, there could be actually more than just a few individual High Elves. Think about it, this here, is taken from the Anti’s thread:

And yet, the Anti’s are going against this.

And also, remember, Ion specifically said that Void Elves are an Elite-Cracked Squad, which if I recall also correctly, a squad actually means a small group.

Using numbers is pretty much pointless as it proves nothing.

5 Likes

Which again, Fel is also Arcane. You can’t cleanse Fel with Arcane currently, only the light can. If you use the light, your eyes will be gold, if you use Arcane they will be green.

These odd posts are largely why I ignore Valarian

uh…what?
No.

According to who?

3 Likes

Nah we just ask to have them playable since they been there this whole time, nothing so drastic.

2 Likes

A few things of any given group show up on either faction. That is not a case for them being made playable. Alliance high elves are clearly not intended as a player race.

well aside from the fact there’s a way to do that but it isnt very customizable, i dont see anything wrong with people asking for races they want to play. where the issue comes in is blizzard’s decision to not allow it being used as a cudgel on the forums to verbally beat up anyone who dares request it. its just a request. if blizzard isnt gonna do it, what does it matter to you if people request it?

1 Like

What?!? No, Fel is not Arcane. Fel is Fel and Arcane is Arcane. Two entirely different sources at their base and entirely different magic exactly opposite each other in fact, making the “Arcane might cleanse Fel” a completely reasonable argument to make.

2 Likes

2 Likes

I understand that… trust me I don’t want ankoan/jinyu/other things like naga just because they are in front of me. Just makes it more plausible that if they use them as a facet of the alliance story, then they run the risk of this request being strengthened by that inclusion.

Would be easy enough if they were truely tied to Dalaran then leave em there to sit around eating manabuns all day getting fat.

Thank you. Like this is new news?

1 Like

You should throw in a few waffle words there. Otherwise i want to see your work.

Ahahaha… :joy:

Sorry Curemaster, but this is extremely inaccurate.

3 Likes

Rubs me wrong that the Naaru are so darn intertwined with the light…

I’d like to beat the stuffing outta those darn wind chimes… legion ruined them for me.

2 Likes

Just give us the giants in the playground thing with the windchimes and the void lords and get it over with Blizz.

1 Like

What if the Sunwell was all a plan to make the Blood Elves into Lightbound?

DUN DUN DUNNN!

1 Like

dude the moment the sunwell was reignited the green glint began the process of fading. being closer to the light means you got cleansed faster because you channel holy magic more frequently speeding up the dissipation and because the sunwell is now holy/arcane can manifest gold eyes. thats how high elf eye color works and how they got blue eyes in the first place. if a blood elf magister manifests blue eyes it would be because they have a strong devotion to the arcane and the sunwell has finally cleansed the minor green glint they had left

1 Like