Hate blood elves want high elves?

Yet you go through other peoples?

What you listed is my desire for HE’s, but my bias in question was in regards to defending someone and what I am telling you is I would defend someone despite bias because thats not an issue I have a bias on if I think something is right or wrong.

You think you got a bad post history? Boy you should’ve seen me, especially on the old forums. It should be shot out of a canon, into the sun.

No, as in I’ve seen your posts when I am on threads. Which is very limited sample size.

Calling someone a jerk is an insult.
You called me out but not him.

I was basically Averyx 2.0 on the old forums.

So my character is in question with you based off my praise of other people in the few times you’ve seen me post?

I would defend anyone regardless of bias so on that count I would say I have no bias, perhaps it came off wrong since you felt the need to inform me everyone has biases which I will agree to, but on what I felt was being spoken on is why I said what I said.

Babygrill, enough, drop it. I have not been unkind, and that is something you’re not looking at.

1 Like

You have been unkind, and you keep defending yourself.
You need to drop that.

Why are you getting overly defensive over something Im not even pressing you on?

1 Like

Link a post then where I have been unkind?

Because I didn’t appreciate the poised commentary as if alluding I had bias when it came to defending people which I do not.

But if seeking to establish if in general I have biases then yes you would be correct. :blue_heart:

But the thing is they didn’t, they don’t call themselves “elves” In Thalassian they are still Quel’dorei, they haven’t changed their name at all since they were “Night Elves”

“High Elf” is just the translation into common of this, “Sin’dorei” is the first time thalassian elves actually changed names and is not how someone else calls them.

And even the term “High Elf” is metatextual to an extent. Before the Night Elves were introduced, they were just Elves.

The thing is, “High Elves” did not rename themselves to that, it’s a name that just fell into them from an outside perspective. Is it now with the BE divide that I feel it has so meaning, of holding on to something.

My point is that HE/BE are denominational terms for a specific group, but which roots aren’t linked to biology and have always been about caste/ideology.

But for the conversation we are having here, I think everyone should understand the difference. Saying “High Elves are Blood Elves” just obfuscates the nuance we are talking about, most likely in an attempt to outright deny it.

2 Likes

Welcome to General Discussion Forums, where flagging is the new disagreement, and people get overly defensive on things that are not being pressed onto them.

1 Like

I already did scroll up

You understand that what you saying is that I do not have enough information on you to make a clear judgement, which was my point.

That is not being unkind.

1 Like

Before we continue, I want to ask if the name they have is what they choose to identify as when they go through biological change: does that make the name its biological racial name?

Does it tho? IMO, the appeal of High Elves as a playable rice is intrinsically linked to their history and place in the alliance, that’s what makes them stand out from Blood Elves.

You can’t play a neutral character, so it has to be either side, and if you are horde… then you are a blood elf. High Elves exist in opposition, or at least contrast to the BE’s belonging in the horde; if you take that away, you take away the reasons for differentiation.

2 Likes

Yes it is, you are being unkind to me by singling me out.
Is it really that hard to understand?

1 Like

This is what you originally said

Then I saw this added in real time to the end of it

And I would say your point was to allude I have a bias when I choose to defend people and I am telling you I do not I would defend anyone I see despite biases we share or don’t share