Hate blood elves want high elves?

Oh honey, I am more bias than Ion himself :joy:

Everyone has bias. There is nothing wrong with that.

Forgot to link you to my long post, but check it out

Well you phrased it in a funny enough accusatory way that felt like you were trying to shame by pointing it out.

Yes I agree we all have biases but generally in terms of behavior I would defend anyone I felt was deserving of defense even if we shared different biases was what I mean.

Except for Renotarshil. He’s perfect.

I see you lurking :wink:

4 Likes

He is correct though. Everyone does have some bias within them.

4 Likes

So what I said?? Or

1 Like

I call you pulling up on me for doing something, and not pulling up on another person for doing the same thing not kind. Yes

This made me laugh

With a background in Improv that makes me happy glad to help you enjoy your day.

1 Like

Oh, my bad. It must off skipped my head.

And how is me pulling you up with the insults being unkind? Here is the thing? Do you really want the privilege of not being able to post on the forums voicing your opinions because of going around and throwing insults at another person? If the answer is no, then don’t do it in the first place.

After all, even you said you apologized, it doesn’t give you the right to do it in the first place. And I can tell you, that is not being unkind.

But, I will say from seeing some of your posts: you seem more to boost up people who support high elves and act antagonistic more often with those who dont.

That can be from bias. Im not saying it is, but it can play a role. Am I an unbias person?

No, I’ve been on record saying “I dont mind if they do get added into the game, but I’d rather something else” and have given reasons why.

1 Like

I think what I was trying to convey in being accused of bias in terms of defending people I would say I would defend anyone despite biases we share or don’t

The thing is “High Elves” isn’t even the name of the race.

They are “Quel’dorei” and not even that is a “racial name”. It’s just the name of their caste, Highborne, when they were Night Elves.

“High Elves” and “Blood Elves” are just nomenclature differentiations that we need for clarity. In biological terms, they both would be “Thalassian Elves” because that’s what is specific to them, a group of Highborne that settled in Quel’thalas and changed, but HE/BE, Quel’dorei and Sin’dorei, are entirely self denominational.

So to say “High Elves are Blood Elves” may be accurate to some extent, but it certainly lacks the nuance the situation needs. Because they are both self denominations, and clearly the later use their new one because they don’t see themselves as the former.

6 Likes

I haven’t had a chance to go through your post history so I can’t comment on yours and idc, but as far as defending or not defending someone common or uncommon biases I share is not something I look for when defending people

That’s what a lot of people miss about this argument. You can simply not want High Elves, or just want them because you think they are pretty. Even if you do think you have good arguments about it, there is no morally righteous answer to this.

3 Likes

You’re missing the point.
I’m not calling you out for pulling up on me. I’m calling you out for pulling up on me and not another person who did the same thing singling me out.
But okay keep ignoring my comments

1 Like

I will halt you right here and say while yes they did come from the highborne caste; when they did adapt and physically change to their elements it was adopted as their racial name.

So in essence, this can be seem as denomination.

I agree and disagree. I think it is good to know that they are differentiated, but I view it more as “old guard vs. new guard”.

Consider it like the 1780s America: Federalist vs. Anti-Federalist ideologies.

Which was my point: its accurate to some form of extent.

You were the only one insulting someone at the time.

Yeah, you and Tarrok may think he was being a jerk, but that is just an opinion of both you and Tarrok.

1 Like

My post history belongs in the dumpster.

As does mine.

Which is why I generally hated the transition from being pro-high elf to it being pro-Alliance. It seemed like a “no true scotsman” thing.