Hate blood elves want high elves?

You thought wrong!
:hugs:

2 Likes

Oh ahah I see, I just scrolled up heh thanks!

Is it? Because thatā€™s not a lot of what Iā€™ve been reading. More of them are concerned about the name ā€˜high elfā€™ to the point theyā€™d be happy if the alliance high elf story was folded into the Void Elves.
They say itā€™s not about skin color.
Soā€¦who is right, them or you?

2 Likes

Where on earth do you see a majority of anything on this topic? Itā€™s a maelstrom of opinions that fluctuates constantly. In my opinion however, the reason that makes the most sense and would likely be the cause of anything happening at any point would be the foundation story already in place revolving around the Quelā€™dorei.

All this talk about skin tones and the like are valid, sure, there are people who want to just play a legolas character and donā€™t care about the lore (see blood elf population ratio to the rest of the game) but the main argument that holds any base (if any argument is going to hold its own) wonā€™t be based around a desire for fair skinned elves on the Alliance.

2 Likes

I like Void Elves a lot too. They donā€™t fill the High Elf ā€œVoidā€ if you will, but i still find them interesting. But I think weā€™re already at least moderately seeing the High Elves and Void Elves form a buddy/buddy partnership like the Blood Elves and Nightborne are. In Stormwind City thereā€™s High Elves and Void Elves walking around the Mage Quarter together talking and hanging out.

High/Void Elves seem to be the Allianceā€™s main Elven partnership where as Voids and Night Elves donā€™t really interact much from what I remember.

2 Likes

I donā€™t think most of the antis behave badly except for the few passive aggressive or pretentious ones.

I do find that all antis are misguided however, because it essentially comes down to them not wanting people, who are irrelevant to their lives, to play high elves (Not-blood elf high elves).
As if itā€™s taking something away from them when someone else plays a race thatā€™s already established in the game.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll say this, Void Elves fill a niche and interesting story narrative that had the devs wanted to they could have put HEā€™s as the base for population instead of former BEā€™s and they did notā€¦?
They have been said to be divided on HEā€™s and here is an example of that division, they are holding them in reserve and can put them in anytime.

Eh I think the HEā€™s and BEā€™s in Telogorus are there studying Void, the numbers argument I think people say is universally discredited but I just take it as some HEā€™s and BEā€™s want to study the Void now. As for the HEā€™s and VEā€™s in SW I guess they just sorta walk around thoughā€¦

I want like authentic mini quest areas where they play off each other like in Zuldazar, I could see a HE doing something and then a VE doing it faster through void means and the HE being both aghast and oddly impressed. etc

And Shandris in the war campaign with Umbric showed the usual Night Elven ā€œNo new friendsā€ type attitude they seem to only have for other Elves lol.

2 Likes

I donā€™t really think itā€™s a personal matter, to someā€¦ maybe, but some people have a legitimate reason that they donā€™t want them though. I commend some for their continued opposition and the energy behind it. All we can do is discuss the subject.

8 Likes

THANK YOU! Finally someone who gets it :slight_smile:

4 Likes

you know aethas himself came to defend theramore with the kirin tor and was the deciding vote to get involved right? all he did was turn a blind eye to the horde moving the bell through dalaran when he found out about it. the actions of a few sunreavers does not represent them as a whole

its like saying the actions of a couple SC elves who were taking advantage of the situation to settle grudges during the purge is representative of them overall. that all of them behaved amorally

they were innocent. the sunreavers just opened the portal for fanlyr silverthorn and the player in darnassus. the mission is secret and even fanlyr says

the Sunreavers of Dalaran are risking their neutrality by assisting the Horde with this operation. In other words, we expect only the best from you.

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Fanlyr_Silverthorn

he was basically forced into helping garrosh. just like the elves who helped make the bomb. if they refused what do you think garrosh would have done to their people? this is probably why aethas turned a blind eye as well. if garrosh found out he cost them the bell he would have taken it out on his people. this kind of treatment is why theron was back channeling with varian to flip

1 Like

Uncle Lorry does. :kissing_cat:

I came to this Understanding with Murg and a few others a long time ago.

Not that Iā€™ll ever roll over and not continue my case for them either :wink:

1 Like

Donā€™t expect you to, just nice after the last day to see someone else say that itā€™s all kind of opinion based and that thereā€™s issues both sides have that concern them and are real.

6 Likes

I donā€™t know about anyone else but Iā€™ve never even considered any of us would change our minds.

1 Like

It does seem hard for people to not get personal at times. This format of discussion and debate really leaves a lot of interpretation for the posters tone, text format always, even sub consciously, can appear rude to the reader.

1 Like

I agree with that. I think the fact Void Elves were drawn from the Blood Elves speaks volumes about the internal division on the High Elf issue. If they really wanted to end the High Elf debate all of the High Elves would have been converted.

1 Like

Thatā€™s awesome. I love morally grey when its actually morally grey. Does the Alliance, Silver Covenant, or any other involved party (lore-wise, not players who can make decisions based off of what they know outside the world) care? Do they even know? Would they care to know? Probably not, and itā€™ll feed more conflict, which I absolutely love.

Itā€™s why Iā€™ve always loved Jainaā€™s storyline. To this day I wish I could scream at her that she wasnā€™t wrong to care for the Horde, but eagerly at the same time stand beside her to fight tooth and nail.

1 Like

Totally agree, I try to remember that, still get frustrated like everyone does. And have a few things like this that are personal pet peeves.

Iā€™ve always kinda hoped the regulars can just admit weā€™re not really making major headway against the opposite side and just have these be lounge threads where we mainly just talk with people weā€™ve been talking with for ages now. Since I mean, this is all just in game preferences itā€™s not like itā€™s anything major that means we canā€™t get along on other topics.

3 Likes

A few have changed over both ways, but itā€™s not as though we keep tabs either :stuck_out_tongue:

Sure. I just donā€™t discuss this topic in anticipation that anyoneā€™s mind is going to be changed.

1 Like