Hate blood elves want high elves?

It’s just a tiring argument when people (like the next post after yours) keeps bringing up the point that when it’s said that they’re all the same race and the blood elves have not abandoned their past but remembered what was as they start to write the next chapter of their existence.

Maybe stop being so quick to pretend that your wants won’t have any effect on blood elves and the people who play them?

Well any culture that has the vast majority of it killed off in one disasterous event is going to feel the effects. But the Blood elves are retaining the legacy of Quel’thelas. They are the ones rebuilding, clawing their way to survive as a people and not just roll over and die. They are the continuation of the government, although changed somewhat since the line of succession is no more. They still have their rangers, as the three sisters comic shows, they still must deal with the Scourge on their doorstep, they have not abandoned their culture, it’s just changed a bit.

And the high elves can still be retaining their culture in their way as well. Culture isn’t as weak as some of these arguments make it. I think a lot of the points made to try and make blood and high elves separate, while still being differences, are things that could still coexist within a larger whole. We can disagree about who we ally with, or ethics about where our sustenance comes from without having to be divide on other fronts.

I think a lot of the struggle between the two groups is a political struggle over the path going forward and who the elves of Qule’thelas will be allied with. I feel like the end goal of the struggle is a united Silvermoon under the leadership of whichever faction prevails/convinces the other. There’s outliers of course, but it seems more Lor’themar wouldn’t mind if they came back, and the one windrunner sister was talking about bringing Silvermoon back to the Alliance, it’s not about breaking apart, but if the groups reunite what side will they be on.

2 Likes

I am not stuck up! I just believe that all you non nature worshipping folk who so eagerly cling to arcane magics are lesser child races to mine- oh… Oh I see it now.

3 Likes

I don’t know why people aren’t pulling up Babygirl on his/hers insults.

And yet, the Anti’s say they pull up there own when things get ugly.

I apologized
But ok

Still doesn’t actually give you the right to do it in the first place.

Anyways, I’m off. I wanna watch some anime then possibly fall asleep.

1 Like

Oh cut it out, you were in one of these threads insinuating that the other side was mass flagging the pro-high elf threads. You’re just stirring up drama and defending someone who’s being a jerk themself.

5 Likes

I never said I had the right to.
Are you just going to keep dragging this on just because you don’t have anything else to say?

Where have I said that the Anti’s were mass flagging the Pro-Helfers thread.

I mean at least I apologized. You didn’t.
Please stop white knighting and bringing up random things that have nothing to do with the current conversation just because you ran out of things to say. And don’t call people out just to start drama when the issue has already long been solved and I have already apologized.
Just please stop.

I would say Blood Elves are the rightful successors to Quel’thalas. And my points on culture isn’t to make them seem drastically different they just do seem different right off the bat to me.

I see the argument being around the government of Silvermoon and would agree thats not a huge thing thats two factions one in exile basically.

But BE’s are different down to their personality and I think it stems from the survival they went through. The quest in winter spring of a Highborne city with a tragedy explains how Highborne / HEs / BEs all befell the same fate at the SAME place in search of power and each group had pity for the next but the BE’s showed contempt for HE’s like they were beneath them or stupid “I can’t believe we used to be like that were so advanced now” type attitudes. They have a sense of arrogance that I LIKE mind you but it imo comes from what they went through, and HE’s do not have those personality traits as a people, they seem more reserved less flashy, not as power hungry, more humble, these are cultural values to me.

Then you couple that with the political schism they already have, I see them as separate in the way that they are because focusing on how they are similar now that they are separate is not as obvious to me imo.

Yeah, keep trying.

1 Like

Well, sadly the mods deleted the thread, but weren’t you doing the cute “Well who could possibly be mass flagging these threads” thing where you insinuate that the people opposed to you are the ones doing the bad thing. It at least came off as very much pointing the finger at us.

1 Like

Yeah, and the Anti’s were the first ones to made assumptions of it. Once again, I didn’t blame anyone, nor did I lean towards the Anti’s were the ones of mass flagging.

I’m not even trying, I’m pointing out the fact that out of every argument you were given you decide to dig up something from the past that I have already apologized for.

I am just saying the Anti’s also should be calling you out with the insults as well.

Just for the record in Saras defense she followed that up with a comment on the flag abuse in other threads as well if I recall, and know she’s commented on the flag abuse before so I don’t think she was trying to be snide there

EDIT: more of a who’s doing this across the forums type comment

There’s no reason to do this. You’re just trying to create drama. I have already apologized.

Are you going to call out Tarrok for calling a guy a jerk too?
Or do you just want to single me out and target me just because you don’t like me?

Enough. You said you wanted to drop it, so I’m dropping it.

Where?

I don’t even know you.

Which high elves?

I think one of the biggest problems of referring to them as a whole is the vastly scattered nature of them. You’ve got some who were stranded in Outland until BC, and no follow through on what they did. How many stayed with the alliance, how many rushed home as fast as they could to see if any of their family was still alive? You have pirates who feel the Alliance is overbearing and trying to squash them under their boots. How strongly are the non-SC elves of dalaran who weren’t pushed out by the purge for the alliance? They may think of Silvermoon still as the homeland but Dalaran as home and not have a strong allegiance to either power.

And I think it’s wrong to keep attributing (even if you like them) one side as arrogant and the other as humble. And personally some of the high elf groups that keep getting mentioned as possibilities of where to pull playable elves from strike me as much darker than blood elves ever were.

Did you call out Orctang for being a jerk yet?

1 Like

Here.

Yet you decide to single me out