Hate blood elves want high elves?

as alliance high elves are the same people there is no reason they could not also manifest golden eyes if they had a strong enough devotion to the light

:joy:

the high elves of silvermoon have a very light fel taint thats already begun to fade as priests/paladins proved. the sunwell is also arcane as much as it is holy, so a magister type could easily manifest blue eyes with this logic. high elf eye color reflects the magic they are around the most or have an affinity to, it has nothing to do with a political opinion or as you fanfiction ‘different races’

3 Likes

Eye color didn’t change their race.

5 Likes

There is nothing valid in this comment.

Well, maybe if you read it as people being against it because it’s all just the selfish rationalizations of some of the people who want alliance allied high elves make to try and explain why they should have them?

2 Likes

3 Likes

'Cause they straight up racist!

It would be like saying you like pink Night Elves, but not blue or purple shades. Well, it would really be even more dumb since the only differences with High Elves/Blood elves are the eyes.

You are always a High Elf to me, Babygirl! :baby_bottle: :baby:

1 Like

I can imagine the day that Blizzard adds high elves as a playable race on Alliance side.

They’ll look completely identical to blood elves, of course, and the forums will be flooded with complaints about this. Followed by demands for facial tattoos, a better racial, additional hairstyles and skin colors.

1 Like

I hate both. And Night elves. Oh and Void Elves as well. And any new elf that may or may not exist.

oh…yes…of course.
lol

She’s so pretty! :crazy_face:

1 Like

I mean I find pretty absurd that people keep saying that the people have spent the last 15+ years living on a human city have the same culture than the ones that live in their elven kingdom that went through its own cultural shift- and that for the last decade have had their own cultural syncretism with the horde races.-

Like context is a thing

3 Likes

Yes, context is a thing Tal. 15 years of living in a human city can’t hope to outweigh the thousands of years living somewhere else. In context…given what 15 years is to someone who lives thousands of years…it’s like spending a month abroad.

1 Like

I don’t know how to come across the point that the literal context of your current lifestyle is very important to your cultural identity.

High Elves are simply removed from practicing their previous cultural identity as it was, when your cultural context changes, no matter for how long, it changes, it affects your cultural identity simply by the change of interaction between identity and context.

Like I don’t know how else to put it.

2 Likes

Let me try this another way - my cultural identity was not changed when I spent a month in Scotland and then came home. It was a nice vacation, but that’s all it was.

1 Like

… One Month is not 15+ years -discounting those elves that have been living for far longer in Dalaran- they are not “vacationing”, they are exiles having to adapt to another permanent living situation.

It doesn’t matter they are long lived creatures, the Krokul’s way of life changed immensely in a few years cut off from draenei society.

2 Likes

the sunreavers werent exiles

I’m literally not even talking about them?

1 Like

is there another group of elves we know that have been credited with helping humans discover magic and being productive citizens of dalaran for thousands of years? if there is please cite it

Pretty sure Blood Elves were placed on the Horde to represent the “lost high elves”.

The “High Elf Theorists” will give you all these bogus connections and denial of reality, like actual lore, statistics, etc. and continue to pretend like they’ll actually ever get a high elf race.

Certainly one of the more ignorant and annoying sub-communities of the WoW forums…

5 Likes

they actually have no lore to cite or development comments on the matter besides wishful thinking

3 Likes