Hate blood elves want high elves?

kalec in “before the storm” says there arent many around as well

was he referring to half elves or dragons hehe

Warcraft Interview with Jesse Cox and Dave Kosak “We don’t have that many cross-breeds in the universe."

that could be referring to the category of cross breeds, not the prevalence of cross breeds in a particular cross breed. in other words, there’s mok’nathal, half elves and half orc/half draenei. that’s not alot.

insert samuel l jackson quote here
Sorry, I think it everytime and it amused me. Bad sense of humor.

Anyway, yes, that you are claiming I said half elves are head canon.

I have twice quoted the sequence of posts made.
I already explained to you why, I responded the way I did.
OBVIOUSLY, I was not stating half elves were head canon.
OBVIOUSLY, I was calling headcanon the notion of high elves having human blood in them.
Like…dude…

You’re complaining about being misread, when its due to your failure in writing, but insist on doing the same to me. Isn’t that hypocritical of you?
Yes yes, we know what you intended. Now why are you having the same issue with me?
If you knew you were being misunderstood, why didn’t you simply say.

I was referring to half elves being in the SC.
And instead create this nonsensical argument about something I never said?
You created this entire argument dude.

Do you not realize how silly of an argument this is for you to make?
You quoted the topic I made, where I suggest half elves, based on their existence, and you are now claiming adamantly that I now suggest they are headcanon?

At what point, did you not think to say “maybe he misunderstood.”?

Seriously Drede, this shouldn’t be an argument. Its my fault for feeding into your nonsense attempt at a “gotcha”.

You should direct in his stead.

Yeah no, lets fix that for a bit bud. Let’s give people the ENTIRE root of things since your imperfect reference is rather bad.

This will be good.

Not many biological differences = there are biological differences between high elves and blood elves but not a lot.
The word MANY cannot be used as a reference to the next sentence because that is not how English works.
So where, in any of that, does that mean you intended half elves? No one is in your had Drede. We can’t read your intent.

I am glad you admit you were simply being facetious the entire time. I admire your dedication to it, and declare you had me fooled the entire time. You had me going on your breaking of the English language.

Yes and no.

She was referring to High Elves as a whole but also taking a direct jab at Vereesa.

Alodi shows that there have been High Elves and Humans canoodling for a long time.

Keep in mind the reason they are still called High Elves was because they would have rather stayed with their Allies then leave on orders from Silvermoon and thus where never there for the Blood Elf movement after the desolation from the Scourge.

Every High Elf group aside from Highvale living in Human population centers.

Though that doesn’t mean there aren’t Half Elves in the Highvale… They just chose to stay with Dwarves instead of Humans.

I don’t want to think about any hairy Keebler Elf or oddly slender Dwarf like offspring…

It doesn’t mean Half Elves are common but High Elves basically living in Human Societies and even having children with them. And that was a good point at her jab. Even if it was mostly aimed at Vereesa.

1 Like

I missed this earlier because most of your posts were already nonsense but…
what?

High elves are not part human.
high elves are literally described as thalassian elves and are described as the kin of blood elves.
Head canon dude.

Not debatable. Devs said otherwise.
Quit the “ITS MAGIC” because since its “ITS MAGIC” it can also have had no effect.
Which it didnt.
Per the devs.

I meant Half Elves.

That was a mistype.

[quote=“Drede-cairne, post:2147, topic:450353”]

I can understand the first part being a mis-type.

I don’t understand this one.
High elves are defined as being, well, high elves.
So they wouldn’t have any human DNA in any of their groups because they wouldn’t be high elves.
Now if you meant to say “half elves in the high elf groups.” that means something different entirely, and that?

No idea. Blizzard doesn’t elaborate on most groups.

high elves aren’t unified in anything. They vary in allegiance and affiliation.
SC is the closest group you get.

how do we know it was mostly aimed at veressa? she refers to the entire silver covenant contingent, as the quel’dorei and then declares they are paupers playing at nobility, diluting their bloodlines with lesser races. i cant see it being only a reference to veressa anymore than her referring to the kaldorei as savages skulking in trees to be only a reference to tyrande

2 Likes

Yes, I meant Half Elves live in High Elf groups.

So every once in awhile you get some Human bits in groups of High Elves.

And some potentially being more or less unless they are like mules and sterile.

The idea of quarter/eighth/sixteenth human/elf variants being a rather deep rabbit hole I would rather summarize.

Even though this is all conjecture, it would explain odd things like Kalecgos not looking like any other “Half Elf” and the entire monicure just meaning any variation on a Elf/Human mix.

Or he hides his ears in his hair and trims his eyebrows. I cannot find any official art where his ears show.

It was clearly meant for all High Elves but given the subject it was obviously cherry picked to rustle her jimmies.

Don’t forget, Elisande can could literally rewrite time to find the perfect insults.

She’s also a big hypocrite because she had a gnome concort hidden away in her chambers…

1 Like

Considering this requires a world quest…and is in a raid…I…don’t think its canon.

Half elf is defined as being half elf, and half of another thing.
As such, Kalecgos, looks like a half elf should look in whoever designed him at the time. Don’t put too much thought into it.

Also

Why can’t you just say this instead of “human DNA”?

Not sure if world quest count or are just more vague tbh.

Because it’s annoying having to type Half/Quarter/Eighth/Sixteenth/etc and it massively easier to say some of those elves in some the various are part human. And a lot quicker to type “Potential Percentage of Human DNA.”

Especially since we have no confirmed case of Quarter/Eighth/Sixteenth/etc despite there being no rules against it and it being completely logical.

@Hypêrspace

That was hilarious.

…you’re just over complicating the issue.
Seriously.
Its a video game, and the devs never put such deep thought into it.

1 Like

Welcome to lore discussion.

Where the Devs are winging it and we have to make sense of the mess.

Or…we can simply accept the things for what they are and not try to give meaning to what is not there.
Game developers put the game first. Making a convoluted story about a 1/4th dranei 1/4 orc 1/2 human is generally not received well.

Especially if they’re just talking about the overall universe.

1 Like

But that’s where a lot of potential new ideas and interesting concepts come from.

It’s half the fun of lore discussion to try and finagle the little bits the Devs put together and try and fill in things they might not thought of before.

Take for example Dark Skinned Humans coming from Stranglethorn. That was all a fan theory before travelers confirmed it.

At least they tried?

This is something that has bothered me for a while now.

At some point it was also canon that the green eyes were a result of the Sunwell being corrupted when it was used to resurrect Kel’thuzad, but then they remembered that Kael’thas kind of nuked it from orbit and so that made no sense… and also, it made no sense for High elves to keep their blue eyes either.

Yet, it would make sense now for high elves to share the gold eyes as well and…

wait a second… he was saying there’s human DNA in high elves…

And… that this is not headcanon?

What in the… what???
Am I reading this right or am I having a stroke and I haven’t noticed?

Like saying that they have human DNA while not talking about half elves?

2 Likes

Look, I’ve…done quite a bit on my short stint as a human and this I know to be true.
The only time you can create a good story in any game is where

1. The player doesn’t matter. They’re a sidekick who does cool things but otherwise, don’t matter.

2. You only have to focus on a singular story without considering two playable factions.

1 Like

This I kind of agree with. Being the Chosen One is stupid but being a Commander or one of many Champions makes sense.

This I don’t agree with, you can write a good two sided story if you focus on the characters rather then the start/middle/end.

But WoW’s writing direction has taken a dive so it might actually be better if they take it one at a time. :man_shrugging:

Even if you focus on the character, you need to consider the player is still present on BOTH sides. So you can never write a satisfying conclusion to any conflict, or create any true, meaningful writing to it.

To date, I have never seen this occur.
The closest to good writing was with RIFT, and it was because they avoided the faction conflict almost entirely.

he has the best laugh ever. :rofl: