Hate blood elves want high elves?

It dont change the Facts they are two different factions, of the same race, with different names. Sorry, but thats the facts they have already been separated by the game, lore, and devs

9 Likes

Elf.

Pretty much.

2 Likes

Quel’dorei, but people don’t wanna type it out lol

3 Likes

Too long, didn’t read.
Did you say elf?
I think you said elf.

Think they have titles already, Sin’dorei Faction, High Elves Faction, Quel’dorei for race correct? People sometimes use Quel’dorei for the High Elves that are not Sin’dorei. Anyhow you can judge for yourself here.

xhttps://wow.gamepedia.com/High_elf

2 Likes

“Thalassian Elves” is a good overall name. It represents the 3 main factions of different elves from Quel’Thalas. (I guess 4 if you count the San’layn? Unless im forgetting some.)

They all have shared ancestry, I don’t think anyone can dispute that but these different groups have split from each other. They may be the same race but they’ve gone their separate ways. I’m not sure why there should be any confusion as to who “High Elves” are. It refers to the Non-Void corrupted Thalassian Elves who are still part of the Alliance. At least that’s the group of Elves people who want playable Alliance High Elves are referring to.

8 Likes

Problem comes in when the discussion covers the period prior to what, 15 in game years ago where they were ALL High Elves.

Exactly,

Some people seem to prefer mental gymnastics or just playing dumb by using “but high elves are playable
through blood elves”

It’s a really simple concept.

High elves -> the thalassian elves that identify (and still identify) as high elves

Blood elves -> the thalassian elves that identify as blood elves

I have yet to see someone make a post asking for blood elves to be alliance yet somehow this topic goes in circles mostly due to people trying to clarify this.

10 Likes

Then they split into two factions, High Elves and Sin’dorei. Game, devs, lore recognize this fact. So to say Sin’dorei are High Elves is correct race wise, but most Playable High Elves topics are based on the two factions they have become as a race, so to say that all Sin’dorei are High elves in the discussion of two factions isn’t correct and is misleading. We all know they are the same race already we mostly talk about the faction difference between the two.

6 Likes

The Next issue I would like to bring to light is this, The Sindorei and High elves were once together, Lore, game , Devs and split them apart, they been split apart all this Time In WOW , Lore gives the reasons why, Game shows proof of it, Devs keep the separation going,

To say to making High Elves Playable is blurring faction lines is the new excuse, when numbers failed, and looks failed, now it comes to race, Faction play is important in wow is adds a personal story and experience to the game, adding the Playable High Elves that are already there would not be adding anything new accept accessibility to a loyal Alliance community that has been asking for them.

The two factions of High Elves , both Sin’dorei & High Elf factions have been on opposite side of the factions war, Sin’dorei with Horde & High elves fighting in and siding along the alliance, This has always been there . To say making something Playable that was always already there in that role is nonsense and just another New excuse. (imho)

In closing the Sin’dorei & High Elves once were the same people of the same race, but today they Are Two factions of people of the same race who have had different experiences, different trials, different allegiances and fought against one another on opposite ends on the faction war and choose to be separated, The excuses are gone, High Elves should be playable by the Alliance.

8 Likes

You keep saying this, but how does it apply to the fact that in these discussions we run into the fact that prior to the events of WC3 there was nothing other than high elves? No Silver Covenant, no blood elves, all of those elves at a point in recent history went by the same name. How do we discuss that without using the words High Elf?

1 Like

Alliance hate blood elves because technically they are high elves and believe they should have been given that race.

High elves won’t ever exist.

1 Like

Just call them High Elves because they weren’t Blood Elves yet.

Blood Elves only refers to them once they became, well, Blood Elves.

It’s not complicated.

2 Likes

But we get yelled at by some people for pointing that out in relation to blood elves.

2 Likes

Literally no one is disagreeing on the relation. (Except maybe some trolls)

The only flack is playing dumb that High Elves still refers to Blood Elves anymore.

It’s like saying Night Elf still refers to all Elves because they all came from Night Elves.

2 Likes

“Anyone who disagrees with me about a video game fits into this category and thus are a hated enemy”

I think the fact you guys get more volatile as a result of people defending a horde race casually just speaks for itself.

10,000 years of evolution

blood elves are biologically high elves, 30 years of political name difference

1 Like

But that’s what this whole discussion is about in the first place.

I’d say the only flack is trying to force one side to give up the easiest way to refer to one of their strong arguments in an attempt to side step the discussion by unnecessary semantic rules.

I think that poster got a well deserved vacation for that nonsense. But it was a while ago and I don’t think they need their post rebumped to help spread the nonsense they were posting in an attempt to get the thread locked.

1 Like

To be fair, a consequence doesn’t quite dissuade me from considering that person’s views and acknowledging that he represents the idea, especially if he remains uncontested by others who share that idea.

Yeah i don’t think this causes confusion as some people try to say. It’s needless confusion imo. Most people know what a “High Elf” is in these types of threads. I have a hard time believing there’s that level of confusion

And again, Thalassian Elves can serve as their overall name talking about their shared history prior to the Third War. It’s not that difficult.

2 Likes

The problem is that biologically, we are the exact same. It’s canon. Yes, we’re referenced by different names for political reasons, and I don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone not acknowledge that.

But it’s literal canon that we’re the same race if you take away names.

I mean, that’s why the game director himself sort of says that if you want high elves, you can play us.

2 Likes