Has WoW influenced your hobbies?

Have you maybe tried something new because of WoW?

Maybe tried archer because of hunter? Martial arts because of Monk? Summon demons and make sacrifices in the name of warlock?

1 Like

13 Likes

Well, I might nowā€¦

2 Likes

Whattttt no way! Any way, you do know where I could get some fel? :man_detective:

1 Like

I think this is the other way aroundā€¦ Iā€™ve crafted gems and carved stones. Even made stavesā€¦ when I learn that TBC has jewelry crafting, I wanted inā€¦ and thats what got me interested in wow back in the day.

2 Likes

Oh wow! I never thought about it going the opposite way. Very cool

That would be telling.

1 Like

It was the opposite way for me. I like cooking even though Iā€™m really bad at it irl so I leveled cooking on my main. Nomi was so relatable back in Legion, lol.

1 Like

I made a really nice cappuccino. It has nothing to do with anything iā€™m just bragging

3 Likes

true here, but I let the wife cook. I did also want to say that, as a person with ā€œFibrodysplasia Ossificans Progressivaā€ or FOP Iā€™m unable to swim, So I get enjoyment while doing the under water quests with the help of the underwater breathingā€¦

If by influenced your hobbies you mean hyper-focused on WoW to the point it became youā€™re only hobby, then yeah.

2 Likes

Are you volunteering as a test subject?

2 Likes

By light, be purged! :zap:

I really need to be a better cook

Iā€™ve met friends from common interest in WoW during school, elementary, middle, and high.

I still talk to said friends.

And yeah, Iā€™m also a pencil artist, Iā€™ve drawn a lot of WoW stuff, and Iā€™ve had people say Iā€™ve indeed taken inspiration from WoW concept art, as my styles are pretty similar.

This isnā€™t mine- Itā€™s official Blizzard artwork, but I tend to ā€˜mimicā€™ this style, with a lot of hatching and shading, all black and white.

My artwork tends to stay on paper, though.

Iā€™m learning to draw on a digital pad/tablet, itā€™s harder than it looks lol. Iā€™m used to resting my palm on the page which causes problems on tablet.

WoW artists have always been an inspiration to me, and I own several art books from games, Skyrim being among my favorite art books to look at.

6 Likes

I tried to swing a telephone pole and threw my back out.

3 Likes

Iā€™d say the opposite. I did medieval cosplay as a hobby, so when workmates tried to talk me into playing WoW it was a pretty easy sell.

1 Like

As just wanted to addā€¦ and this is geared more towards your question. The wife and I have been talking and we actually want a dwarven home based on the southern gate outpost seen here:

https://classic-wow-archive.fandom.com/wiki/South_Gate_Outpost

There a dome home company in Texas that build these types of structuresā€¦ so maybe one day you see and hear about itā€¦

2 Likes

Dating. Does that count?

As a paladin in this game I feel very comfortable judging everyone irl

And throwing hammers at them.

2 Likes

I run around the real world with a pick ax and try to mine things.

2 Likes