Has Wow Abandoned Casual Players

I am a very casual player and I have many friends that are still playing casually… been here since vanilla, plus I am 58, life is what gets in the way for most casual players as they cant justify or balance the time need to play but a lot of us are here… I have never ran a key, mthic+, raiding or rated pvp battles, and I still have stuff not completed from BC, for the casual player there is a ton of stuff to do, without being hardcore. It is a game for enjoyment what most of you HC players forget

1 Like

I guess we are pretending that Naxx40, GM/ HWL and Sunwell were about fun and discovery and not content that was completed by less than 5% of the player-base.

Sorry mate. It took most people weeks or months to level. Many people never even reached max level. The game was just as “hardcore.”

The only difference was that the average “casual” player had no idea how far behind they were. It is why people nerd raged against achievements and gearscore. Noobs did not like seeing a number attached to their bad.

2 Likes

Define casual, what version of casual are we trying to use here?

The video explains it in detail. He is also absolutely correct in his assessment in my opinion.

2 Likes

I think they try to do well by outdoor content but then come up with bombs like Korthia and Zaralek that don’t hit the mark. They still haven’t realized that their servers can’t handle these huge events with tons of people. So their balancing of sharding needs some work.

They let their dungeons to rot. Only 8 dungeons (besides the mega-dungeon). No solo optional to 3-5 player type instances like Torghast or Visions. There’s not been a Brawler’s guild in a while. Timewalking has promise but they sometimes stop giving better gear there (they could really upgrade 411 to 424 for an alt path besides Zaralek).

But they also only do about three raids per expac. So I’m not sure who they are catering to really.

It feels like they are trying but maybe dealing with a cut budget.

1 Like

So this is some advertisement for some blowhards youtube channel. Not interested in giving whoever it is clicks.

No, wow hasn’t ‘abandoned’ casual players.

2 Likes

Yep. 10 mechagnomic characters.

“Heres a Youtube video on…”

Opinion discarded. In reality, any two WoW players do not have the same definition of casual players unless they just get opinions from famous personality.

Heck, people cant unanimously decide if a RPer who plays 50 hrs a week to RP is more or less casual than a guy who logs in on the weekend to prog raid.

The game is keep changing because the trend is keep changing!
new generations, new players, new styles joining and oldies always problem…
They moves where the money exists. of course it’s a good business!!!
hate the trend? I think they have to go find another game!
I bet this is the only game providing a lot of great contents including cheap price!
I feel fair enough! pay more if you want to get treated special!! :rofl:

Games more casual friendly than last expac to me. I spend a majority of my time solo qing as well. Would love a solo challenge mode besides magetower thats relevant tho i had a blast clearing torghast for the mount in the week they released it.

It has for PvP.

I think it’s plenty casual friendly. One main issue is that outside of DF itself (or whatever the current end game expansion might be), Warcraft is a very fragmented game. What was once 2 uninterrupted continents separated by a select number of airship rides is now… just a lot to get whisked through, or simply not see at all for both new and old players.

Perhaps that’s inevitable in a game as old as this one.

As far as DF itself, I don’t see it as anti-casual at all. If you play with a mindset that your gear acquisition is going to top out that much quicker, it becomes less of an issue, and there’s suddenly a good deal less compelling content to be involved in (which should, in theory, fit right into a more casual approach to the game). Nothing wrong with that.

1 Like

I honestly dont know why people want high loot and they not gonna do anything with it , point of higher gear is to do higher content, that is the reason why causal content only rewards lower gear

I have been pure casual since legion and I don’t feel abandoned at all. My gear is more than high enough to do the things I do.

Also don’t feel the need to log on everyday either so I always have stuff to do when I do log on

I mean i play casual i dont do anything hard core, most of the content i do its just me being bored

Being bored is not the same as abandoned though.

Being abandoned means left behind with nothing. Which there is plenty to do even for us casuals

Now being bored with that content is another thing entirely.

I do casual content, theres plenty actually… mounts, mogs, achieves, rep, alts, gold farming, theres tons just because you dont wanna do it dosent mean its not there

Ion said that Accountwide rep is the plan for the future and that Trader’s Tender technology is something they can use to make currencies more easily accountwide and something they’re looking into.

Don’t expect either during Dragonflight. Fastest I would say would be next expansion.

1 Like

That is not even a debate.

RP is true harcore. it can be months of persistence for that dmaned .5% drop. Retail seasons come and go…and still you search out that 1 item in say cata that never drops.

hours in tmog to get it jsut right.

and don’t even think about zooming across the cities. you hit /.
only RP walk truly shows off that mog’s greatness.

1 Like

Look at how numbers keep dropping. If it appealed to the broad fan base numbers would at least not continue to drop. I think they want wow to go away. Not the developers but the yacht owners.

2 Likes