Has the dps problem with the Evoker been fixed in 10.2?

Hello. I have been playing the evoker since February and at first it was fun then I was told I can do better to go with Wowhead. So i did I dropped from 40k to 19k dps. No matter what gear I have even now that i have all but 2 best in slot items and I am now again doing 49k dps only. I am getting kicked out raids.

Why am I get a max peak of 1 million dps on the dummy targets with Dragonrage. After Firebreath, and Eternity Surge It drops to 600k down to 400k 600k if they crit. then it will drop to 300k down to 270k with the use of Pyre. then after 2 minutes it will drop to 170k or 190k if it crits.

but when in a dungeon or raid it drops to 49k max. which is 9k more when I was still in blues when I first started playing.

I like dragons and don’t want to play if I am getting kicked out of Raids and dungeons.

To all the players playing as Augmentation how is Augmentation better then devastation when I am 9 or 10/15 best in slot. and I only get 30k in a group M+2?

So has the Devastation problem fixed or is it still a problem in 10.2?

This is better in the evoker class forum this is more of a player to player support forum.

6 Likes

I am actually asking it here because It is a customer support thread I am asking for MVP’s or blizzard moderators to answer the question. But thanks.

The thing is that this forum is one for players to assist other players. It’s not a point of contact for Blizzard staff. Customer Support is not Customer Service. Yes, you see Blues posting in this particular forum, but they are SFAs. They’re not GMs, Devs, QA or anyone who would have any kind of answers for what you’re asking. There isn’t really any place on the forums where you’re going to get a response from a Dev or the like.

That is why Darth was pointing you to the Evoker’s forum, as you’re far more likely to get better responses and insights from those who actively play the class and better know the ins and outs, and who can possibly help get you to where you want to be.

6 Likes

Well the blues have gone home for the nite and the evoker class is realy the best place to go for proper class advice.

4 Likes
8 Likes

Just FYI I do not play evoker, so am a poor person to ask about dps with this class, the Evoker forum would be better. Blue’s likely have gone offline for now, but no post is guaranteed.

Primarily this is a player discussion only forum, but focused on in game help only.

7 Likes

Sorry, but trolling is dealt with pretty quickly on this forum - and providing you correct information isn’t trolling. This forum isn’t the proper place for what you’re wanting assistance with. Regardless, I do wish you luck in being able to get things figured out.

7 Likes

Continuing the discussion from Welcome to the Customer Support Forum!:

7 Likes

The part where this isn’t an ‘Tell me what I want to know’ when the Blues here, CSA, ain’t skill monkies that know everything of the game/patch/expack. They mainly handle account and billing issues; if you need help appealing account actions, not sure what billing issues is going on, they can take a peak and give some info about it.

The folks who only handle this would be the devs and they don’t post here. They told you to post in the class forum, as was said, folks who understand and can give a detail answer on that and whatnot. Making demands of folks isn’t helpful in the least.

5 Likes

For clarity-- this is where you go for direction. It is not the “I’m a customer, support me” forum, it’s the navigation hub to point you to where the information you’re seeking will best come from.

There are some things where this forum is indeed the best place for said information, specifically account- and billing-related situations. What you’re looking for is not one of them.

7 Likes

We don’t judge people here, no matter what language they speak or pick apart how they type as we don’t know another person’s background or how they’re comfortable communicating. But since you opened that door… English is supposed to be capitalized, if you want to nitpick.

There are very few times I’m left absolutely speechless, but this was one of them. What are you even talking about here? Fixed, and with my apologies to any offended by the previous phrasing.

Oh, and you misspelled “something”. That pesky English again.

5 Likes

Going out on a very flimsy limb, but I’m guessing it’s the use of the word “shot.” :woozy_face:

6 Likes

It’s late. I did totally miss that - my apologies to you and to the OP. I shall edit that bit.

3 Likes
  1. That’s a personal thing and the Blue here or even the MVPs ain’t in the in on every detail of a patch or change off the bat. Which there is class forums and WoWhead with such info.
  2. The MVPs ain’t mods and they’re just players whom shown to be helpful with a given area - PVP, Pet battles, raiding/dungeons, etc.
  3. Don’t try to bring this up, has nothing to do with anything and just make the overall post rather weak.
4 Likes

You realise that Wowhead is NOT part of Blizzard right?

Probably because it’s nothing that Blizzard can help you with. See my first reply above.

Now, how does this involve the Evoker class at all?

3 Likes

If you feel like there may be a bug involving Evoker lower than expected DPS, then that would go into the bug report form. As I haven’t seen any reports of exceptionally low Evoker DPS, it is unlikely to be a bug at or, or at least not widespread.

If you’d like help on figuring out class rotation than Evoker class thread would be better.

1 Like

That isn’t really something that Customer Support is able to weigh in on. If you have a particular bug that you are aware of we may be able to tell you if it is fixed, if you are asking about how they play, what kind of damage they do, etc… that is game play, and something you should discuss amongst other players.

I believe much of this has been covered and since I don’t see this thread turning around, I’m going to lock it up.

11 Likes