Has M+ gear rewards ruined raiding?

You might as well remove raiding if you think 5 people should be able to do mythic raiding. It doesn’t make any sense or would ever be scaled properly.

How? Outside of the long Trash pulls the only thing seriously needing to change would be to either make 5 mans have two tanks and two dps or get rid of the tank swapping if it’s only 5 people.

Many mechanics require a certain amount of people to make them work, you’d have to simply remove them or make them simple enough to be executed by 5 man and then they wouldn’t come close to the complexity of having let’s say to soak 9 circles for 20 people versus 2 for 5. Moreover, tanks don’t really matter as much you’d think, if anything tanks mechanics have not been really digged deep for a while if we’d make raids solo tank we wouldn’t be losing much at least currently.

Because raiding is about performing stuff in unison. Try spreading with 5 people vs 20 vs 30.

Then dumb down and mechanic or make the required dps to kill add or hp to soak something low enough one guy can do it.

None of Amirdrassil has anything that would cause significant problem making less people having to do it. Besides making it easier, which I kind of pointed out in the same sentence about there being mechanics where one player can wipe the raid.

Make the raids easier. They’re harder and more annoying to get people for than M+ for less or at best the same loot. M+ got popular because it was fast, easier, more pug friendly, and better for farming since it has no lockout.

The reason Raiding is dying is because it’s too complex. Other MMORPGs already seen this problem and they either lowered how many people are needed for a raid or made the fights easy enough that you don’t waste 6 hours a day and most likely get nothing.

Raw output is not the same as mechanical difficulty.

Yes which is what you get if you do heroic raiding.

You need at least 6 people just to do the fire hose on Mythic Larodar. And that’s just for starters.

Obviously not or we wouldn’t be getting threads like these. Or posts like on the reddit of people talking about how less and less people want to raid.

If they didn’t lock out the fire hose, could do it with three.

Are people complaining about that rather than they don’t want to feel pressured to do m+ in order to raid? M+ is too easy for the gear it drops (in comparison to raid.)

That’s mostly an heroic raid problem, mythic raids aren’t a problem as a minority of players have always pushed the last difficulty. That difficulty was designed so not everyone would do it. The last difficulty always was static for balance and mechanics design purpose because they wanted it to be challenging.

If you want to compare to other games let’s compare to FF14 ultimates difficulty, that’s the type of content difficulty they’re going for but wow prefers 20m content because its class designs and game support that better.

And that is your opinion. My point was that if Raiding either ran like M+, so less people or more gear then it would not be a problem.

The other option is ruining everyones M+ experience by giving less loot and making it so much harder you can’t get the best loot. Which is not fixing the fundamental problem of raids and instead bringing the other end game content down to it’s level.

The other option is ruining everyones M+ experience by giving less loot and making it so much harder you can’t get the best loot.

Being unable to get the best loot is rather motivational. So now you get the best loot at 20, why go beyond? (title is so far out of reach.)

If the best loot came out of +30, there’s still gear progression after 20.

It makes no sense to arbitrarily stop at 20. (Well, to protect raid I guess, but then tuning between the two modes is way off.)

If it’s about how everyone should be able to accomplish something, give max ilvl gear after a +2.

With M+ varying way much between tier in term of difficulty and for the high end to mostly result in class stacking, scaling up the rewards more doesn’t make much sense. They only made +20s easier by scaling up to +20s because the goal of M+ was never to be an hard challenge to get the best gear, it was always meant as something spammy to stop you from raid logging.

It should be of equal difficulty instead of a loot train.

With M+ varying way much between tier in term of difficulty and for the high end to mostly result in class stacking,

Raids also vary in difficulty, and consistently give the best loot (just look at ilvls.) Accessibility for classes is not a concern.

It doesn’t make much sense for all the other reasons I’ve named. You picked one part of the argument.

Yes accessibility to all class is a problem in wow when people want to play their main.

m+ could’ve been like Visions. Where it did not give the best gear.

Didn’t they already try raising the difficulty level to get the max gear in M+? I could of sworn that is what DF did, and it did nothing.

Visions had tons of way to make people progress in them which reduced the need for specific classes, but some classes still cleared 1-2 weeks ahead of others.

While for sure like I’ve said before I would also be happy if M+ gave heroic raid loot in the vault and dropped normal loot at max.

Yea, it was imbalanced between classes. ( I gave up on 5 mask solo as a disc priest, tried shadow some.)

If m+ gave heroic raid loot max, that would be parity in a sense, with how fyrakk is tuned.

But to pretend a +16 (or 18) is even equal to mythic gnarlroot I think is way off. It’s also only mode that give higher ilvl vault vs drops.

Could structure raid like m+ or structure m+ differently.

Didn’t they already try raising the difficulty level to get the max gear in M+? I could of sworn that is what DF did, and it did nothing.

Might’ve helped if they didn’t nerf stuff the minute people complained.