Has it ever occurred to Blizz that some of us WANT an overpopulated mega-server?

A lot of people probably went and stick on Herod because it is the highest populated server. They will not wanna change realms regardless what kinda incentive you try and give them.

You guys replied that you are capable of increasing the server cap, but you wont because that is how it was back in the day and wanna make it vanilla population-like. Though you gotta realize this isn’t 2004 anymore. At least one server, SOME people would rather have over population rather than a que. The ones that wont, would gladly accept the free realm change. I feel like this solution would make everyone happy.

Why can we not have a mega-server, Blizz?

14 Likes

Classic-experience was the phrase Ion used?

10 Likes

you can play private servers then

16 Likes

So much for classic-experience with layering, KEK.

11 Likes

theyre just saying it now to say “hey, you cant get mad at us when classic goes live and you have an hour wait to que in. we let you knew then to move to the new server.”

14 Likes

If you don’t leave, you’ll get it.

4 Likes

That was the point of layering - to make more servers in one server and keep it from being a megaserver.

2 Likes

Since they announced Classic they’ve been going on about wanting an authentic experience.

The increase in cap they’re doing is purely a temporary measure that they have always been adamant they did not intend to keep and that it’s just to keep populations long term more stable.

So why would they make a permanent population cap increase?

Also since the current population cap increase comes with layering, if they did make a megaserver how would people react to layering being permanent on it?

Because they clearly think that layering is needed with that many players on a server.

7 Likes

It will be a mega server if people don’t leave in the first few weeks. But they don’t want to increase the cap on launch because it will be unplayable.

mega servers would be against how vanilla worked fyi since their original servers only allowed between 2000-3000 people at once time logged in,

10 Likes

It will be even more unplayable when there is over 10,000 que since people REALLY wanna play on Herod. You have to be kidding yourself to think that will not happen. Reality is, what’s mostly going to happen is they will have to have over 30 layers per realm and raise the cap to allow the 10k pop size.

So … don’t leave the server and stay on the overpopulated server and enjoy your queue.
I have yet to see Blizzard force anyone to change servers after they make their reserved name characters.

2 Likes

The game is just not balanced for “MEGA populated servers”. Stop talking non-sense. Layering is bad enough.

7 Likes

Trust me you dont want 8k people at one time

3 Likes

They’re removing layering before Phase 2, permanently

Is it really too much to ask out of Blizz for just one server with no cap on it? This is strictly a technical change that doesn’t affect game-play mechanics. If people don’t like it, they don’t have to play on this unvanilla-like server. But there is a lot of people from the private server scene that got into vanilla ONLY because of the big world population condensed in the zones. Those people want the nostalrius experience more than they do the 2004 experience.

It will also self fix itself. Like i said before, the people that don’t like this type of realm will go on a normal populated realm, while the rest of the people that do stay on it. If it’s too crowded to quest or whatever, people will gradually leave until its not too crowded. I don’t see why this does not make sense to you guys.

1 Like

What’s your asking for requires layering. If you want the classic experience than you need layering to be removed. If layering is removed then you can’t have a mega server.

So are you asking for layering to never go away because you want the server to HUGE.

I think most people hope to get rid of layering by phase two.

2 Likes

Trust me, i do. I played with 14k people AT LAUNCH without layering and that was the best highlight of vanilla gameplay I ever had in my life. I could only imagine how more amazing it would be on a blizz server with no bugs or glitches and better connection.

Absolutely! Back when i didn’t know what I was getting into, I was auto assigned a realm by Blizzard. Took 2 miserable years there before i got my first credit card and the very first transactions I did was to move my character out to a high pop realm! Enjoyed wow thoroughly since. Till date those first years on a fail realm traumatize me. This time i will only roll on high pop. No dead server for me.

1 Like

Dude, they said that Classic’s Medium populated server got more people than Vanilla’s High populated server.

You already will get PLENTY of people to play with in Med-High realms.