Has elitism destroyed Retail?

Why dont us causals deserve a way to egt the best gear in a way we choose to play the game, so so sorry mister elite that i dont be belittled in your toxic environment and have more fun in game not being yelled at cause im not the best dps in the world. Maybe get iver your ego its a video game what does it matter if i get gear thos way and you get gear that way. Boohoo. Seriously get over yourself

4 Likes

Because you have the exact same access to the best gear as I do. Everyone has exactly the same access to the best gear as everyone else. Some players just choose to not participate, and still want the reward.

2 Likes

Sure thing elitist, your poor ego just cant be damaged if poor timmy gets a high item level god forbid and he didnt do it the way you want him too oh no. Im done with you your not worth the effort

1 Like

Mix of elitism and casual entitlement. Elites push for 1% stuff and casuals push for everything to be handed to them in a day.

I cannot remember seeing a single post anywhere where people asked for restricitions.

Are you a politician?

Are you for real? 2 years ago there was even a mega thread (10k+ responses) against the restrictions and it was plagued by those that wanted to keep the restrictions.

Here is the thread:

13263 replies… enjoy the read?

1 Like

on tiem i appled 4 heel spot on maeg and decline i couldnt even sleep 4 days slap in the face fix gaem blizz we pay ur bils

1 Like

Anecdotal here-- Most Elistiest I’ve encountered in this game have been mediocre tryhards that really think they are better skilled in the game than they are.

Most Elite Players are some outstanding players who really will help you if you ask. Even if it in a level of content that’s below them.

Again, this has been my personal experience.

Competitive people are competitive and they will always find ways to seek superiority over other people. That’s not the result of anything Blizzard did. It’s just human nature.

So if we say there was 4 million subscribers at start of SL…how big a % of that is those 13k replies? And theres alot of argumentitative people in here posting dusins of posts so its probably less than half that number of people participating…probably less than 1/4.

The hysterical hyperbole is not from the casuals…its from a microscopic but extremely vocal minority, who live in the forums.

It’s from the vocal casual community on the forums.
Happy now, troll?

And you’re comparing that to the number of replies from other threads, not to the whole number of players playing the game.

That restriction didn’t remove content. It was still available on other characters or you could use the long way of originally swapping to see all 4 campaigns on one toon.

To be fair, the main reason that “casuals” on the forum were in favor of covenant restrictions, was simply because people who did content were opposed to covenant restrictions.

Therefore, “casuals” wanted restrictions, because they have an intense hatred of the people who didn’t want restrictions.

Schadenfreude in action.

2 Likes

Not to mention the question of how many of those posters were actually different people.

1 Like

Wouldn’t be surprised… wouldn’t be the first time. coughMLcough

3 Likes

Who cares? A lot of players wanted to be able to switch whenever they wanted for the content they were doing.
Not everyone does only 1 form of content on 1 char, some like me like to do multiple.
Some like to experiment, some like to do wtf they want. Ok?

That restriction was idiotic, no other way to describe it.

Yes… they thought they were showing the middle finger to the raiders primarily.
When in fact, they just made a lot of players stop playing the game.

9.1.5 was the best patch SL had by a long shot.

i miss bfa conquest bar , i hate the vault .

You seem super salty. Maybe it’s time for a nap or a snack.

You could have done that with the OG system. Running one covenant over another didn’t lock you out of anything.

Your best argument, but if you want to make the rules fire up a private server.

I wasn’t a huge fan of the OG implementation but it wasn’t really going to be an issue for 99% of players.

Yeh with number wise they will do a lot better then failed activision could do…
Game wise, i think they can do better if they replace a few key people. Eg ion.

Removing WF/TF ruined a lot of guild running of low keys. You could get the same shot at a WF/TF item out of a 2 or a 20.