Has anyone played on both Intel and AMD?

Don’t really have any opinions about the cooler, case, or motherboard

RAM should be good and the Rocket is a good SSD.

I’d do some youtube reviews on motherboard VRM tests.

Here’s one

1 Like

Thats what I have decided to do. I was 50/50 before starting this thread

Just curious, what GPU are you pairing it with? If you mentioned it earlier, I missed it. Is this part of the upgrade budget?

I didnt mention it bec I am not changing it till the RTX 3070 Super comes out. Here is my build with it. Im keeping my 2070 super

2070 super should still be pretty potent on that setup.

In WoW it’s going to crush it at 1440p or 4k tbh

VRMS is why im going with 1 of those two ROG motherboards. GREAT VRMS. Also the only cooler beating the Artic atm is custom waterloop by EK.

Artic AIO the best 360 AIO on the market atm. I have a waterloop now and Im done dealing with it lol The artic cooler aio also has a device on it to cool the vrms if needed! Its pretty cool Youtube it!

Nice! I have an RTX 2070 paired with my R5 3600 and am very happy with it overall. Can’t wait to see what the next generation brings!

Come back and update us when you get the build done!!

1 Like

Decided on the ASUS ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming motherboard. Has the same VRMs as the hero. Hero isnt worth the extra 95$ and I will. Buying Mobo and 10700k now.

Very happy for you! Getting new gear is fun. Best wishes for a successful and uneventful build!

1 Like

man i wanna build now

1 Like

Ummmm … Maybe start drinking instead?
:woman_shrugging:

970 EVO Plus SSD 1TB or Sabrent 1TB Rocket

Tough call. Thinking Samsung may last longer

10900kf for sale on NewEgg at $530

https://www.newegg.com/intel-core-i9-10900kf-core-i9-10th-gen/p/N82E16819118127?Description=10900kf&cm_re=10900kf-_-19-118-127-_-Product&quicklink=true

1 Like

Thanks but sadly I have to use my works amazons corporate account and im not giving up integrated graphics I like quicksync when needed

I’d get the rocket based on cost

1 Like

All Parts Ordered! Here is the Build I settled on…

• Case: Antec Dark Avenger DA601 ATX Case
  • CPU: i7 10700k (OC 5.1)
  • Motherboard: ROG Maximus XII Hero Z490 (Wifi 6)
  • CPU Cooler: ARCTIC Liquid Freezer II 360 AIO with VRM cooler attachment
  • PSU: ASUS ROG Strix 750w Fully Modular Power Supply
  • Ram: HyperX Predator RBG 4000mhz (HX440C19PB3AK2/16)
  • HD: Sabrent 1TB Rocket NVMe 4.0 Gen4 PCIe M.2
  • GPU (my current RTX 2070 Super) will work till RTX 3070 Super launch
  • Extra Case Fans: Antec Prizm 120 ARGB

Sure. Come over we can build it together
:heart:

1 Like

What made you go with the Antec case vs others?

Purely curiosity.

it looks really interesting

not my cup of tea

but its interesting

My first real strong CPU was an Athlon XP 1700+ 1.4GHz. Of course in those days we walked uphill in the snow to school both ways.

Played all of Wrath Of The Lich King on an Athlon x2 4800+. Recently I’ve been using Intel only, which was mainly due Fx and to the low availability of AMD’s Renoir laptops at launch.

Looking forward to grabbing a Zen 3 laptop sometime next year though.