Has anyone figured out how to do class colors for chat

there was a /console command that did this in the old, superior client. but it no longer works :expressionless: and I don’t see any options for it in the settings either

I just use prat 3.0. Does it for me.

1 Like

eh, that massive addon seems like overkill for just some class colors :expressionless:

1 Like

massive? 1.5mb is massive?

It’s like 30-odd MB as of yesterday’s download.

Prat doesn’t seem to be affecting performance whatsoever. That may change once the other familiar addons are updated and turned back on.

Is this for era? In Wrath Classic, you right click the chat tab for settings and select the show class colors checkbox for each channel you’d like to see class colors in.

Don’t ask me why there isn’t a checkbox for all channels or why class colors isn’t the default.

1 Like

try this
/script for _, v in ipairs({ “SAY”, “EMOTE”, “YELL”, “WHISPER”, “PARTY”, “PARTY_LEADER”, “RAID”, “RAID_LEADER”, “RAID_WARNING”, “INSTANCE_CHAT”, “INSTANCE_CHAT_LEADER”, “GUILD”, “OFFICER” }) do SetChatColorNameByClass(v, true) end

then
/script for i = 1, 20 do SetChatColorNameByClass(“CHANNEL” … i, true) end

1 Like

This doesn’t work for me.

i just went with the prat 3.0 addon. it gets the job done :expressionless:

Stop whining

I cant remember the code but i googled it a while back and there was a small cobe you can type into chat that does it.

yeah, and it doesn’t work with the new client :expressionless:

elvui changes peoples names to class colors…

Yeah, it use to be a thing but was disabled with the latest update - intentionally.

I’ve used Prat for many years now. It’s pretty great.

use the addon MoveAndImprove or Prat

Go to the _classic_era folder, and then open the WTF folder.
Open Config.wtf. Scroll down to the line and edit it to look like this:

SET chatClassColorOverride “0”

1 Like