Has anyone else heard about the autohotkey debaucle?

sources on the internet are telling me that blizzard has addressed an issue. a fairly big one too if you ask me.

Summary:
Some players have been proven to be using 3rd party tools that, in a nut shell, play the game to perfect precision for them.
I think they were calling it “auto-macro-auto-hotkey??”
basically, the player installs this program, copy and pastes some script into the mix and their character will automatically pump through spell rotation and auto- interrupt any spells that might CC them down to the first, or last millisecond so the target player has no time to react. theres more game breaking features of these 3’rd party programs that im not aware of.

blizzard has acknowledged the issue and also made a statement that a large number of players with high rating for rated PvP content like 2’s, 3’s and 10’s have been using this stuff.

BIG NEWS!

Just thought I would drop this on the main thread and make people a bit aware of this.

side note:
I love World of Wacraft. To this day I still feel a sense of… something… for this game, and am proud of the folks at blizzard for adressing this issue

You mean this thread: Automation + Auto Kick + Auto Grounding + AI vs Rated PvP

2 Likes

that would be the one good sir. thank you for posting the link. hopefully blizz does something to break this discraceful game breaking garbage once and for all.
hopefully a permanent ban/account closure for those using this tech too.

Wow has it’s own scripting language LUA, and countless addons rely on it to automate some UI thingies which isn’t dangerous, so I’m not sure you all wanna go down this road but more power to you all. Grab your torches and pitchforks while I grab my popcorn.

1 Like

I don’t think authotkey does all that.

The addons combined with autohotkey are what make those things possible.

For most people, autohotkey is just a way to create a castsequence of two more more spells in a row that have a global cooldown inbetween so you can reduce the number of keybinds needed. With all the excessive keybinds in this game, I honestly don’t have a problem with it.

You aren’t going from 1600 rating to 2400 rating because you reduced your keybind count by 3 or 4 abilities.

1 Like

Plus…you know…access through the LUA is how bots scripts are possible too but that’s another story. Blizzard’s banhammer might not even come down on this whole autohotkey outrage, but that’s just a guess.

Huh. I just used autohotkey to rebind the printscreen function when I was using a Mac keyboard lol. Guess I should make sure to not leave it running when I open WoW in case it’s detected as bot software.

Mostly people use AHK to be able to continuously press a button while its held. This is functionality that can be found other places like Razor Synapse. It saves on possible injuries leading to tendentious and carpel tunnel. It also helps those who already have disabilities “press” keys faster. It can also be used to disable or rebind keys. I use it to prevent hitting the window key while in WoW as I have a tendency to hit it when using modifiers.

From the video these look like what the OP is actually discussing are macros that you can copy and paste in game. Its not much different than the following that ensures you are in bear form when casting regrowth (making it so it won’t cast unless you have a predatory swiftness proc.)

#showtooltip
/run if InCombatLockdown() then SetCVar("autounshift", 0) end
/use [@mouseover,help,nodead][@targettarget,help,nodead][@player]Regrowth
/console autounshift 1

It looks like the OP is also mixing GSE into the fray with the name auto macro. If thats the case than this addon just allows you to spam cast sequence macros that can be longer than those in game and will allow you to skip abilities that are on CD. Don’t get me wrong its an amazing addon that has helped many people out and can be used in fairly high end M+ and raids but by no means is it perfect play.

Moo!

How are they addressing it?

And people use it to “get around” the limitations of castsequence macros. This way you can string together numerous spells with global cooldowns into a single keybind.

Not sure it’s really a massive cheat… all it really does is free up a few keybinds.

I can see it being used to combine abilities with short cooldowns of 15 seconds or less that each have a global cooldown.

You aren’t going to become a 2000+ arena player or start owning mythic raids using it. Sure, you’ll improve a little bit, but i don’t think it has a huge impact.

And not sure how you can stop it because all it is doing is pressing keybinds like you normally would… and you can always use an MMORPG mouse. But I hate the interface on those things.

The real issue are addons.

debacle

sorry it was driving me crazy

1 Like

for all the cry babies in here BISHING, BLIZZARD PROVIDES US THE ABILITY TO USE GSE AND AUTO HOTKEY, IT IS NOT BANNABLE AT ALL AUTO HOTKEY IS THE SAME THINGS USED TO MAKE THINGS MOVE IN VIDEO GAMES, SO ITS NOT A BOT. HOW CAN YOU GET BANNED FOR US USING THE SAME THING BLIZZARD USES TO MAKE THINGS MOVE IN GAME!!! YOU CANT!!! SO STOP CRYING STOP WHINING THIS HAS BEEN AROUND SINCE BLIZZARD STARTED THE GAME OF WOW, SO IF YOUR NEW TO WOW GET OVER IT OR GO FIND ANOTHER GAME TO PLAY!!! I USE THIS AND AUTO HOTKEY AND ITS NOT BANNABLE NOT EVEN DETECTABLE BECAUSE ITS NOT A BOT.

WE LOVE SEEING THEES TEARS!!! KEEP CRYING WE CANT BE STOPPED!!! CANT BEAT US JOIN US!!! USING THIS WILL CHANGE YOUR WOW EXPERIENCE MAKING IT MORE FUN THAN ANYTHING YOUVE EVER DONE IN GAME.

GSE is an advanced macro compiler for WoW. Unlike WoW’s macros, it doesn’t get hung up on the success or failure of the current actions. It just sends the commands to WoW and moves on to the next line. This allows for creative approaches to overcome some of the limitations of WoW’s macro system. GSE cant break the rules, but it can make them more manageable. Every command available to WoW macros is available to GSE.

GSE uses the concept of a Block of commands. For example you may want to target an enemy if you are not targeting one, cast a spell and use a trinket. In GSE you would arrange these as a stack and at the click send this stack to WoW to execute. WoW will then work from the top of the stack down and attempt to execute each line. As GSE follows all Blizzards rules it can only try One GCD ability in the stack but as it moves on to the next block on the next click you can try different things in case of an ability being on cooldown etc.

GSE started as a fork of Semlar’s GnomeSequencer but has since undergone multiple rewrites and there now remains nothing of the original code.

Features

• Loops
  • In-game Editor
  • Import Macros from thewowlazymacros DOT COM WEBSITE
  • Syntax Highlighting
  • Macro Variables and WoW API incorporation
  • Share Macro In-game
  • Macro Debugger
  • Macro Recorder
  • Translate Macros
  • Starter Sample Macros Included (Build upon example macros)
  • Enable/Disable various options/annoyance fixes (use trinkets, error sounds, require target, etc.)
  • Execution pauses
  • And more…

STOP CRYING SERIOUSLY.

ugh…i really got to start looking at the OP dates lmao