Has anyone else given up on hunter changes?

seriously though. 4 months without a single meaningful change. i don’t even want beta at this point because any feedback i give is just going to be ignored.

32 Likes

I gave up back at the start of BfA.

11 Likes

We might have to spam their twitter as a community in order to get changes, I mean it worked for priests.

I am saddened by the lack of care devs have toward our class; despite claiming devs play hunter it feels like none of them actually play hunter.

17 Likes

I haven’t given up.

I don’t know how many more beta builds can come and go before I do, but I haven’t yet.

4 Likes

It is very disheartening that hunter is still one of the most played classes and the developers still tend to ignore us as much as they do.

The main problem imo is that we don’t have any hugely popular streamers or content producers playing hunter. It was plainly obvious that blizz attempted to fix shadow (they didn’t) because people like Preach was very vocal about how he felt about the spec and how its current iteration in game is just mechanically broken and boring.

I would love to see some huge streamer or well known person go off on Ion in a public interview, on how the hunter class development has been on the back burner since the end of legion (arguably longer). I would love for them to tell the him and the devs the truth that we all know and they seem to ignore.

The Truth:
MM is a joke and hasn’t been fun/functional since MoP/WoD. MM needs a full rework, since they cant seem to execute the sniper fantasy correctly.

BM is #1 brain dead spec in the game and you can literally pull top dps with a blindfold. BM seriously needs more depth, its not fun pressing 3 buttons for your whole rotation even if its super effective.

MSV had a chance to be a very unique mechanically interesting spec, and only required some tweeks and maybe some new talents or abilities going into BFA. Unfortunately they gutted into a spec that has no innate mechanical uniqueness, and requires talents that should be baseline anyways, to fuction. MSV also divided a class community unlike any class change i have ever seen and took away a spec that people really enjoyed. Even though i like the idea of MSV more than RSV, i know that this was fundamentally wrong.

In the end though, all we can do is hope that someone high up comes to their senses and brings this topic up in a design meeting, and devs start to realize that the specs and the class as a whole is not receiving the attention that they/it needs.

16 Likes

I gave up when we got 0 blue post in the last 3 months

13 Likes

i gave up when Range survival became melee…i still wonder to this day how the HECK they could think it was a good idea to throw into oblivion a perfectly good and SUPER FUN spec that was survival.

Black arrow/explosive shot was by far the most fun spec hunter ever had in my opinion.

BRING BACK RANGED SURVIVAL !!

33 Likes

6 second pet res is going to kill BM and Survival in PvP against anybody with a brain unless they make our pets nigh unkillable monsters.

Kinda sad they’re just ignoring or digging their heels in and keeping this stupid change that literally nobody asked for.

Who sat there and went “Hmmm. You know what? I hear a lot of complaints about the frequency with which warlocks and hunters are able to summon pets. We really need to curtail this.”???

24 Likes

Exactly why I ignored the email asking for my feedback on feral after playing alpha. Waste of time.

Quitting feral and picking MM hunter back up.

1 Like

Yes please.

10 Likes

Won’t happen they are adamant on their niche melee spec, they don’t even improve the spec instead they gutted it. All we are asking for is improvements for all hunter specs thats it.

I would be fine with 3.5-4.2 second pet res but 6 seconds is too long, hunters mark is on the gcd which makes it ugly to use. Give survival a few talents that should be baseline and it will be at least somewhat decent. Make trick shots proc on 2 targets instead of 3. They just have to do minor changes to make the specs feel somewhat okay, they just don’t care enough to do it.

Ion is dead set on melee survival so it wont change back to our beloved ranged survival, ive moved on, now I just want hunter as a whole to feel like a class again instead of dreading playing this class.

4 Likes

Its sad because the class was in a good state in previous expansions like MOP, then they chopped it up since.

They should treat all classes equally, every class should get the same feedback from blues and developers. It’s insane how gustapo this company is. They don’t give a eff about the players, they don’t care at all to not fix broken classes but rather kick the can down the road.

I guess this is the benefit when there is no real good alternatives to WOW, they can spit in players faces all they want and not give a F.

They make stupid changes like rez pet 6 seconds with no feedback as to why. No feedback on suggestions may players have made or any discussion at all.

After the BS BFA was, two expansions of dummy develiling and rental powers, to go into SLs and leave the class in a sirry state is ridiculous.

17 Likes

We used to.

Then Signs of Kelani and Bellular both rerolled.

5 Likes

There are good options, but too many wow players refuse to look at them because they aren’t exact wow clones I guess.

2 Likes

I hope Ashes of Creation is somewhat good, it probably won’t get close to wow but it looks like it could be an alternative to wow. Ive tried ESO, SWTOR, and BDO

I do not enjoy those mmos to the point where I used to enjoy wow, its sad but they basically have a monopoly on the genre it seems.

I wish blizzard realizes we complain because we love wow and want to enjoy the game our way, we don’t want to reroll to a different class just to enjoy the game; we just want the game to get bettter.

4 Likes

If AoC delivers on even half of what it promises, it’ll be better than WoW.

Try FFXIV. It is a bit slow at the start, but if you can make it through the story into the 1st xpac, it picks up a lot story wise. Combat is sluggish until about 50, but to be fair, WoW’s combat at low levels can be slow as well.

I would recommend waiting until the 11th when their next patch drops though. They’re redoing the 2.1 - 2.5 questing to make it less of a slog. (Yes the game starts on the 2.0 because they literally scrapped 1.0 because it was apparently so bad it was unsalvageable.)

They don’t, but they think they do. Currently you could make the argument FFXIV is larger than WoW was at it’s peak, but it’s hard to say. With the trailer of their next patch, they said they have 20 million adventurers. What does adventurer mean? Your guess is as good as mine. It could mean active subscriptions. It could mean total accounts, total characters. Sooo… shrug The argument can be made, but without clarification, which SE won’t do, it can’t truly be backed up. What can be said, is FFXIV is very popular right now and it’s current xpac, Shadowbringers is the highest rated MMORPG xpac ever.

1 Like

I loved ESO before the light attack changes. I even liked it for awhile after. Now my fingers hate me and I have lost any love for the game.

1 Like

My top changes I want is possibly a 4th spec to settle the MSV/RSV war that goes on here and to diversify Hunter them, different names or not.

Another I want is for them to revert the Pet System changes to even back to Wod or way earlier, when all pets had something unique besides looks and Attack speed and spec. It sucks that Worms/Chimaeras have an aoe that is literally useless, save for Viscidus or trash quests. I miss Quilen’s(I heard Cranes also had one as well) combat res or the buffs/debuffs that used to be diversely useful again, besides attack speed or looks.

4 Likes

to be fair bellular made a great vid about hunter in shadowlands, blizz just hasn’t done anything.

9 Likes

I’ve seen the changes they were thinking of adding to SV, and I wasn’t really enthused by having to equip a ranged weapon on top of a melee weapon to use half-baked ranged abilities.

2 Likes