Has anyone else given up on hunter changes?

Might as well revert back to using ranged and melee simultaneously, but that’ll make controversy unless given to other classes as well.

1 Like

Bellular…

Great video…

Those never belong together.

4 Likes

I’m actually doing exactly this. I tried FF14 during a long break I took during bfa and just couldn’t get into it because of the questing. A lot of other things seemed OK but the questing and leveling process was a huge turn off. Since they are redoing that I’m going to give it another shot while WoW is between content updates.

1 Like

Can’t say I blame you. Currently lvl 30 - the end of A Realm Reborn is one hell of a slog. I don’t think they are changing any of the lvl 30 - 50 questing, but because they have not given details that I am aware of, they are “squishing” the 2.1 - 2.5 questing.

Yes, that 2.1 to 2.5 is 100 quests and is a huge slog. Done it twice now. However I like that everything is locked behind the MSQ. As for leveling being slow, I have managed to get 5 classes to 60 doing heavensward so it’s not that slow of leveling as I out level the MSQ easily.

I also unsubbed to WoW cause of the lack of hunter :disappointed:

I didn’t say lvling was slow. I said the combat was slow at low lvls.

Oops my bad. I read Tinks then yours and i was sleep f***ed

I don’t see the combat as slow since the attack animations are usually about a second to two seconds long so if you ignore when the gcd actually goes off and time it to the end of the animation it’s like a 1 secondish GCD lol.

I’m wasn’t saying combat in FFXIV is slow in general, only at low lvls. At about lvl 50 the speed and flow of combat really picks up and gets pretty break neck by lvl 70.

1 Like

Maybe our class is already so good and so well off that we dont need many changes! I mean come on everyone knows we only play hunter for the beast mastery spec.

1 Like

Explosion shot was cool and all. I think survival is one of the funnest specs in the game. A lot better than braindead BM.

“you had these two ranged specs that basically did a lot of ranged shots in their rotation”

7 Likes

Don’t even get me started on this bullsh*t of a comment…

6 Likes

There are changes what? The hunnter bm rotation for example is a lot more “POP what ever cd that comes out first” now than before.

No.
Truthfully, I like many of the current hunter changes. Sure there need some changes and fix here and there but I’m be happy with what Blizz has done.

Hunter mark going be nice to fight that trolling Rogue Though this needs a bit of a change…

Bm: the new 100% focus passive. Yessss. That was one thing I hate on current bm right now is how bad focus gain is. If you see my bm talent I talent spitting cobra just for more focus.
MM: Aim shot going be more useful but I do understand the long cast time.
Surv: The same… This is nether good or bad. Still a fun spec to play.

2 Likes

I like all three current specs and I hope they don’t really do much to change them.

Survival is a blast for me.

5 Likes

So I just did a calculation using warcraftlogs. 6.5% of all hunter parses in Heroic Nya (nobody runs normals any more) are MM and SV. Clearly something is broken. I am sick and tired of running BM, but I don’t feel like I have a choice with this current design.

1 Like

Combat is very slow for MM hunters, and it’s one of the reasons that I’m rescinding my opinion that Aimed Shot should feel like it’s been aimed. If I wanted to stand still for two seconds and cast something with an underwhelming payoff, I’d play a destruction warlock after taking off the neck.

Bepples and other experienced MM hunters may disagree with me on this, but Aimed Shot shouldn’t be as slow to cast as it is. The entire class should feel faster-paced: we’re physical attackers who should have the benefits of physical attackers (aka no cast times for offensive abilities) while staying at our preferred range, not casters.

5 Likes

i’m pretty sure he and another person were talking about ff 14. not wow.

According to what i read on the ‘Icy Vein’ guide under ‘Hunter Class Changes For Shadowlands’ the upcoming changes are Garbage

something that appear to be ‘Okay’ but is not

2 Likes

I’d argue that this is a problem with the underwhelming payoff, not a problem with the cast time.

Remember it used to be 3.0 base cast time.

2 Likes