Harrassment

OP, I assume you have tried creating a brand new character and not having it join to your old guild right away to see if the harassement stops? Certainly if you care so much about your guild, you can stay in contact with them through whispers/ a community for a while to see if anything changes.

Of course you would think that. Your intentions are pretty obvious. How many alts do you have?

If you think Akston is going to, or trying to, stalk you, you’re barking up the wrong tree.

3 Likes

I’m sure i will go thru the cycles of changing character name & server. Now that i understand more, i will approach this differently. Thank you for that suggestion.

Woah there just because your story seems literally impossible do not try to blame one of the reasonable forum posters.

As to solutions for your problems. I’ll tell you the same thing i told the last thread with harassment. Go through the Blizz ticket process and if nothing happens call the police.

Although you’ve only dealt with the harassment for 4 months and since you server hopped your guild probably isn’t crucial to your gameplay. So leave your guild, move everyone on friends list to ignore, change name, change server and start over.

1 Like

I am not an expert on this game. I assume newbs post in the forums, do they get the same kind of scrutiny? Do the more knowledgeable posters understand how complex this game can be to someone who is not as knowledgable? I’m trying to be civil.

It’s overwhelming being targeted by someone who is quite adept at this game and the perpetrator knows this and is taking advantage of that…plus, he has a following…and if ppl who are following along are ignorant to the FULL background of this situation, would they understand they are being used as pawns? Is the person who is targeting me, posting in the replies of this post? Considering how many alts a person can have…it is possible. wtf…50 alts potentially.

The only reason i posted, was because support suggested it. I just want privacy. I’m surprised how little control I have over what is visible on my character to others.

I was invited to the guild after this last jump. I’m sure i will be making another jump. sigh… Thank you for your suggestions.

2 Likes

It’s baffling to be sure.

Why do you assume I am assuming it was deserved? It could be a simple case of breakup and a jealous freak losing their crap.

I said I was cuious, meaning I would love to know details, not that they would be revealed but it could be an iinteresting story, or one that boils my blood. I have 2 daughters.

I am sorry you have me confused for some other forum goers that always assume the worst, from the OP.

However, the forum needs more people like you standing up for the OP’s that are posting their frustrations and then have people (the kind you thought I was) tell them they got what they deserved.

3 Likes

I’m sorry i jumped to conclusions with your reply. It’s tiring, We were not in a romantic relationship, but we had been friends for almost 10 yrs on another platform. The things i saw emerge over these last few months…i never would have thought he could be so calculating & malicious. It’s eerie.

Thank you for saying that. Interesting idea. I would love to help others in the forums. Only problem, i know so little of the game, i could offer very little for technical advice. I don’t know how much i could contribute. Thank you. <3

2 Likes

I thought Blizzard took harassment seriously…

I think they did, at one point. These days, not so much apparently. With my tinfoil hat on, I would think maybe it has to do with the mass layoffs from last year, so they no longer have the manpower to deal with it.

2 Likes

they do, and none of the layoffs have impacted their ability to deal with these situations.

1 Like

I have not filed any reports …yet. In time i will.

I think this is a good comment to share here. Notice the quotes…that is how you can find the thread (TY Nobully for posting this):

2 Likes

I was taking the route of just switching names, race etc. so i could move thru the game without being bothered. Obviously that didn’t work. lol. I had stated this in previous comments. I guess u didn’t see those.

1 Like

Well clearly it must not be too big of a deal if it’s not worthy of reporting.

1 Like

good grief. I was just trying to handle things on my own. More assumptions.

2 Likes

If I were you, I wouldn’t start posting on the forums before giving a GM a chance to sort it out.
Posting on the forums will be a last resort (as well as directly calling Blizzard), when the GM don’t do their job.

That proverbial clock is still ticking. Been 3 days since this was first posted and one could assume it was going on for longer than that. Like I said, it must not be too big of a deal to keep waiting to report.

1 Like

another assumption.

1 Like