Harrassment

I went thru unfriendings on another gaming platform, and some of the ppl also play in WoW. I suspect they have joined the guild i am part of (since my guild cannot be hidden to other players), are able to see when i queue up for dungeons and raids (since that activity cannot be hidden). Since they can change names names or rotate their character, heads multiple guilds (for multiple characters), which he then initiates a gang mentality with his guilds to target me. Very little can be done, that i have not already tried to just be left alone: change name, race, realm etc.

Ignoring: I tried that, just so they don’t wind up in the same battle/raid/siege queues as I. ignoring sends a message to those i ignore, which is like waving a red flag at a bull, just incites them more. They are seasoned WoW players.

Why is: I can’t hide my guild name publicly from others?
Why: can’t i hide my activity in guild as to what queue i am signed on to?
Why can’t I ignore one character inworld where it spans their entire account, that effects every character?

I wrote a ticket of these questions and their response was I an unable to hide this info and to post this in forums, since blizzard uses forums to implement improvements for the game.

As long as this game has been around…i’m surprised so little has been improved for the lack of privacy, to choose what i wish to be visible or not on my character. I play alone most times. I even blocked local/region chat. Is there any add-ons that can hide my guild? Hide my guild activity?

Seeking solutions and giving feedback. Thanks

===========================

I try to put a final reply at bottom of threads, but can’t, so putting here.

============================
Thanks everyone for your responses. I think i have some good suggestions on what to try. I am certainly more informed than before i posted, so that in itself was a huge help. I am still a noob in the technical aspects of this game.

Thanks so much. <3

11 Likes

3 day cooldown on name changes, unless that was changed?

6 Likes

This is what they say when the answer is “we can’t help you”.

15 Likes

I’m about to do a quick check, but I’m fairly certain if you change your battlenet status to offline you’ll still at least show offline in guild rosters.

3 Likes

Oh really? On battlenet i show to be offline…yet they still wind up in the queue i join.

1 Like

It may of just been when the community changes were coming out, I’m seeing my alt account online now regardless now.

2 Likes

So how did they find you on a separate game?

Because the guild, characters, and even character names are actually owned by Blizz.

As far as I am aware, ignore does span the whole account, but only on the character they were ignored on. So if I ignore your character on my shaman it ignores all of your characters on my shaman, but not my hunter.

Because it’s not technically yours and it has nothing to do with your privacy. Your privacy is Blizz protecting your personal information like email address, mailing address, first and last name, etc. The account and everything on it is rented and they reserve the rights to everything on the account.

If they are using other characters or accounts or whatever to circumvent the ignore, continue to place them on ignore, never ever respond to them, and continue reporting them using the specific option through the menu. I forget the details. It may be actually labelled as harassment or something else, but it’s definitely there.

4 Likes

Yeah

I’d like privacy options

There are many features that this game could use imo

18 Likes

I am amazed they could regularly get in the same shard as you.

5 Likes

As far as I am aware, this is not true (players have complained about it often). If you change your status to offline you still show up as online in game as far as guild or the character itself goes. So unless they changed it recently, that’s a no. The offline thing is for bnet probably because there are multiple games linked to bnet itself, not so players can hide while they are on the game.

1 Like

If it continues, I’d consider submitting a ticket

explain the situation, and see if they’ll reprimand the players, or give you a transfer.

yeah, read my next post, I had to check. when they were implementing the community stuff I had noticed my characters on separate WoW accounts didn’t show up to each other in guild roster when appearing offline, I checked after I said it and they’re showing up now though.

Guessing it probably wasn’t intended for guilds, and was changed, or was possibly an early bug.

1 Like

Gotcha, I think. I don’t know about multiple accounts, but for the sake of visibility I wanted to note that offline does not hide a player in game.

1 Like

It’s insane how much information about your character is available publicly to third party sites…

Blizzard needs to implement a way to say, no.

But yeah sorry, op, but the only solution here is to keep ignoring them…

How are they able to find you again after switching realms/characters? Do you have your new alts linked to your main somewhere? Like raider io for example?

4 Likes

[quote=“Kirela-arygos, post:8, topic:500729”]
So how did they find you on a separate game?
[/quote] They knew of my WoW activity prior to the unfriending.

Because it’s not technically yours and it has nothing to do with your privacy. Your privacy is Blizz protecting your personal information like email address, mailing address, first and last name, etc. The account and everything on it is rented and they reserve the rights to everything on the account.
[/quote] Regardless how it’s rationalized, minor privacy improvements isn’t asking too much, consider we pay to play this game. It’s not impossible.

As far as I am aware, ignore does span the whole account, but only on the character they were ignored on. So if I ignore your character on my shaman it ignores all of your characters on my shaman, but not my hunter.
[/quote] As i said: why can’t it span all characters?

Because the guild, characters, and even character names are actually owned by Blizz.
[/quote] Still…that’s just a a rationalization for not improving these features…in my opinion.

Switching to offline does hide you from everyone on friends list as to if you are playing or not, but it will show you as on to everyone that you are in a guild with. So you can not hide from guildies that are Bnet friends. But you can hide from everyone else thats not in a guild with you.

I still want to know how they regularly track you down in the same shard, with ease!

I need to know this secret.

3 Likes

As for solutions to this though, only one I see is the don’t respond to them and keep report them as they do crop up.

A minor way to mitigate the problem If they’re queue sniping you by watching Quick join, is you could also leave/rejoin queue a few minutes into queues to desync your lobbies for the LFG queue stuff.

As for starting/joining groups finding a solid group of friends to play with can help mitigate that, and joining nearly full groups.

What on earth did you do/what happened, where someone would bother to do that?

No one pays any attention to me in game, ever. So I’m just curious :wink:

Since you can’t “blanket” ignore the people, I’d just report on a case by case basis where they actually said something “naughty” (if that is what is happening.)

Yeah, or why they would bother. This is crazy! I’d feel so FLATTERED.

Is this a case of an ended relationship? I can’t figure out why anyone would go to that trouble otherwise (even then, wow… ) I’m also always amazed at the power of someone to get OTHER people to pester you; Maybe I don’t have any super great friends, but if someone said to me “Hey, I need you to really bother X person, trying to get in groups they are in and random stuff, OK?” I’d say,

“No. Also, I think you should probably seek real life help; Your obsession is unhealthy.”

10 Likes

He is in many realms, with many guilds. I am not certain how he tracks, as i have only played for about 6 months. With multiple guilds/friends, spies etc. He is definitely enjoying the targeting. :frowning:

Replying to all: Sorry for the disjointed responses with quotes. I had not posted before in forums. Interface/editing, still learning.