Harnessing the Arcane bugged, no progress bar

Trying to complete the Harnessing the Arcane quest from Legion as from what I can tell it is required to finish Legion content (I am attempting to unlock the Lightforged Draenei allied race)

I accept the quest and get the quest buff, but there is no bar in the UI that appears to fill. I can interact with the Breaches of Arcane Energy and kill Arcane Aberrants but it gives me a glow on the character and no other effect. I have run multiple laps around the tower killing all Aberrants and siphoning all the Breaches but it did not complete the quest. I also abandoned the quest and reaccepted it but the progress bar still did not appear and I was still unable to complete it.

There was another player in the same location who appeared to be having the same issue as they were also running multiple laps around the tower siphoning and killing, but the effect that is supposed to happen upon completion never triggered for them either.

Edit- I have no addons, I am playing the official unmodified client.

25 Likes

Same problem, pretty sure I am the other player mentioned too.

9 Likes

Iā€™m have g the same issue on my mage that Iā€™m trying to level. Iā€™ve tried to abandon and reaccept multiple times to no avail. Getting very frustrated.

9 Likes

Having the very same issue. I just got 60 and went to Dalaran start the mage questline and thenā€¦ nothing. Very frustrated

7 Likes

Just ran into this problem today. No progress bar, tried killing enemies for awhile and still no quest complete.

8 Likes

Same problem here. Tried logging in/out and resetting quest to no avail. Flat out BUG

6 Likes

Same issue for me. Must be a new ā€œfeatureā€.

6 Likes

Is it fixed yet?

5 Likes

same problem here, i actually like the quests from the class hall, i am very frustrated right now, hope they fix thisā€¦(btw i am leveling a mage rifht now, just dont wanna change the portrait)

4 Likes

In the same boat. :frowning:

4 Likes

Same problem here. Got 30+ grisly trophies and collected every arcane node around the nexus.

4 Likes

sooo frustrating, cant drop the quest and choose a different weapon so cant even continue the class hall story until its fixed :cry:

4 Likes

A GM was able to mark the quest as completed as a temporary fix, but I was unable to bypass this without GM intervention. Relogging, Reloading the UI, Restarting the quest, No addons, nothing would clear it, so if you get to this point, Iā€™d recommend just contacting a GM and work your way through the system to get past it. I didnā€™t encounter any other bugs proceeding with the rest of the quest thankfully.

7 Likes

How do you contact a GM in game? Through the assist with quest support option?

4 Likes

I contacted a GM about helping with quest & they literally sent me a link for the forums & told me to post the bug here

4 Likes

I suppose I should report the issue here as well then.

4 Likes

Yes, put in a ticket in the Support Menu in game, it took 15 hours for the first response which was just ā€˜disable addons and suchā€™, then another 15 or so hours before the GM marked the quest as complete for me.

5 Likes

I have the same issue, just submitted the ticket, I also found this in Blizzard Support:

This issue is currently planned to be fixed shortly. While Customer Support cannot provide the release date of future patches or fixes, please keep an eye on our official blogs and social media channels for announcements from our developers.

So hope they fix it soon.

5 Likes

Same issue. How did this quest just break all of a sudden? Itā€™s crazy right? Just me?

5 Likes

I wish I knew this before I rolled mageā€¦ What a jokeā€¦ And still broken to this dayā€¦

4 Likes