Hardware ban When?

Games bans on bots are about as useful as the war on drugs.

Allow more people to bot, farm all of their consumables, and you have less gold sellers making profit from botting to begin with.

Problem solved. Blizz, im available for hire if you want more award winning ideas.

Cmon now, such a stupid argument. This whole thread is god awful. Most of us who have played the AH for years have billions of gold. This game has the worst economy of any I’ve ever played, it literally does not matter at all. At most you have to buy leggos and if you raid you need the consumables. What else is there?

This is the best botting has ever been, everyone is quick to forget the days when there were free to use bots and it was years before people were banned. This was also before you could just straight up buy gold from blizzard. There was much more profit for these organizations.

At the end of the day, who cares? Getting worked up over seeing a train of druids run by is so lame, report them and move on. It doesn’t effect you at all. Most mats on the AH are +/- 10% over the past 30 days on both tich and ED. This is normal. Most of the huge dumps you see are people like me that love it when the TSM discord rages, and I dump 10k 1g mats into the economy.

Stop getting so worked up, they still ban, and it’s much better than it used to be.

And they still pay blizz

What would end this real quick is if Blizzard tagged the gold sellers and banned anyone who bought from them.

No, it won’t help the problem at all, but then again you don’t understand how botting works.

1 Like

Payment account bans and a 3 month block on all new accounts before they can buy tokens or sell anything on AH. That’ll show 'em!

Also, just on a little note, 100mbps network cards are less than 4 dollars.

True…my Linux server has 5 gigabit cards in it lol. 1 on the motherboard, 4 in an addon card. (That machine handles all the routing on the network.)

Can’t you just manually enter in a new MAC address? If anything the accounts could be banned for 6 months, but they have to be careful because not everyone is actually botting either. From a post of Blizzards I read years ago about this they actually have to go to great lengths in their investigations and that is why it takes so long.

and you just cant get them to comprehend that EVEN IF they ban the hardware, boxing will STILL be happening because theres literally ZERO reason to ban boxing itself and you can box WITHOUT hardware or software assist.

and…lmao…BOTTING IS against the TOS…and how many BOTS do we see anyway? lol

They need to put a 100% cap over vendor prices for herbs/materials and that will put a stop to the bots / multi boxers / AH price gougers. :smirk:

Just take everybody who plays a druid and then ban them! If they’re a bot, it’s justified, and if they’re not, it’s still justified! :angry:

1 Like

thats a really bad idea. kind of defeats the purpose of an auction. auctions typically don’t have caps on them. no one wants to sell an item and not make more money if someone wants to pay that price.

IMO people would just sell everything in Trade if this happened.

The bots aren’t using hardware though. The bots are using software for the most but blizzard can’t get to investigating them because tools keep reporting multiboxers and make them waste their time investigating that.

1 Like

They discussing practicalities not saying they support them. I am not sure why so many people can’t distinguish between the two.

So, what you’re saying g is I should go buy some herbs on the AH to level my alchemy on this guy? Thanks for the tip.

Pretty naive take.

Blizzard took action against the stygia thing, because it was bypassing a timegate, which would have allowed people to unsub faster, which would decrease bobby koticks bonus.

Which is the same reason they take minimal action against bots. A bot who isn’t purged for weeks at a time, wil have farmed enough profit to just spin up a new account when they are eventually banned. It’s a symbiotic relationship for blizzard.

They do just enough to make it look like they’re doing something, without threatening that sweet sweet influx of cash, every time a new bot is spun up.

Here is how you’d shut down russian botters in eve. Jump into their systems lol.
Inb4 the SJW’s come in. Eve drone space was a famed botting spot in the past. And it was primarily russian owned space. With filler american crews to cover the other half of the day lol.

Their scripts were real good at detecting local contacts and leaving the site and safing up. By the time you got to where they were at…they had flown away already. So you’d putz around the systems looking for fights or at least having them not farm crap while there.

Now if you got a bad/broken botter…it was free easy kills. Bring a hauler…this was great for tapping the ores dropped in wrecks.

The Tl;DR is to kill botters wow needs to go full time pvp. See botter, drop botter.

Even in high security space botters aren’t 100% safe in eve. I’ve had a few chars begin the road to outlaw status (again) popping bot miners. Usually did this the last nights before I went back to low/null sec. Oh no…I am banned from high sec. As I leave to live in low/null sec for another year at least.

I miss PvP realms for this. Going around killing the bots. Now they have the security of hiding in WM off.

i boosted an alliance just to kill bots on WM on but the shard system is a mess and when i see a bot on WM with my main and come with my alliance its in other phase or other shard.