Hardware ban When?

So with the HUGE influx of bots this past few weeks , prices on herbs and leather is droping like crazy , bots get banned and come back because they make profit after the ban .
So why don’t we have hardware bans ? it would solve this problem or help improve it a bit.
Now there are bots with farming patterns to skin and do herbalism the issue is getting out of hand .

17 Likes

How would you hardware ban? They can just change their IP in like 30 seconds to completely bypass it.

11 Likes

you mean the less than normal influx at the beginning of an expansion don’t you ?

4 Likes

Blizzard has no way to uniquely identify a computer simply based on it’s hardware configuration.

5 Likes

why ask me ? blizzard has a huge team of engineers let them fix /sort that , maybe the same way other companies do like checking for serials tagged to hardware ? so if they wanna go at it they will have to actually invest cash instead of gold ?

Because you can spoof HWID, just google for it How to fake HWID

10 Likes

why ? how ? all other game companies have a way , blizzard has warden as per anticheating and it does know what you do , thats why those kids exploiting stygia the other day got punished . stop assuming bro .

Herein lies the issue:

• players amassing stygia to buy socket add-ons gives an “unfair advantage” in Blizzard’s eyes.
  • players amassing crafting materials that inflate (or deflate) AH prices does not give an “unfair advantage” in Blizzard’s eyes.

Until you can convince Blizzard that bots pose as much of an unfair advantage as something like collecting more stygia than was intended, Blizzard isn’t going to take equivalent action.

4 Likes

Prices are going down and the only possible solution is bots…I see :thinking:

It couldn’t possibly be a decrease in demand as people cancel their subs after the 1st or second month resulting in a huge supply with little demand…nope.

13 Likes

why do U think Blizzard wants too?

Looking at this

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1398934561
this

https://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/news/detail/da5e1c21d9315668d24bf288d51cddc3a6b4f201

and this

https://www.pcgamesn.com/eve-online/eve-online-bot

It would seem that the other most commonly brought up MMOs also have botting problems.
I don’t understand why people give Blizz a hard time about bots saying they aren’t doing anything, what are other companies doing that’s far beyond what Blizz is doing?

5 Likes

And yet none of those are Blizzard. You can come up with all kinds of reasons why other companies do things, but the only way you’re going to get Blizzard to take action in WoW is to prove to Blizzard that what you identify as an unfair advantage is equal to what they identify as an unfair advantage.

1 Like

You do realize reporting the hardware-multiboxers will get them banned, yes?

Using hardware to emulate the same thing that the software did will not protect them.

It almost feels like you agree with botting because it doesnt affect your ilvl or your pvp skillz.

2 Likes

simple as bliz taking over the auction house and undercutting so called “bots” IF they actually cared about it to begin with

Blizz does take action against bots though. A number of people here on the forums have said they’ve gotten mail for reporting botters saying action was taken, they banned the 74,000 bots last year, what do people want from Blizzard?

7 Likes

i wish they could, but you’re kinda like a boomer trying to ask tech support why their wifi isnt working while they arent at home.

these bots just simply need to be quickly identified, gold and mats traced before it hits the market, and every offending account involved banned quickly.

2 Likes

How do you propose they do that? IP bans can be worked around in about a minute.

1 Like

more? when i casually see 36 bots in one span of play i think a lot more could be done.

2 Likes

I don’t think OP wants IP bans he wants hardware identification bans. So Blizz would ban the MAC address of your PC or the serial number of your hard drive

2 Likes