Hardware ban When?

Well 74 k is nothing , hardware ban would be nice for starters , spoofers are not cheap and the free spoofers will be caught easily by warden . Id say you should stand with your fellow players rather than white knight blizzard .

3 Likes

The botters are still using the software. They have endless accounts so it’s not like they need to follow the rules.

2 Likes

Please explain how these botters affect your “ilvl or pvp skillz.”

3 Likes

:clown_face:
is this a serious question?

bringing billions of raw gold into the game effects everything.

4 Likes

Banning the account and elminating the developed characters used for botting does slow the problem. The longer lasting solution are MAC bans, which are the hardware physical identifier of your computer. While the MAC can be spoofed, it is very difficult and not cost effective to do so.

3 Likes

OP assumed I didn’t mind the behavior because my opinion differs from theirs. So I asked the question in reverse.

OP’s gear is all covenant campaign stuff and dungeon drops. None of that is affected by how botters might ruin a realm economy.

3 Likes

you cant expect me to pay that much attention.

oh a look a squirrel

1 Like

It’s not like the leather prices was absolutely overly inflated because of how rare the resources was compared to any other profession.

My druid’s legendary base was at like 225k while my priest’s was like 70k.

#balance.

I doubt the cost of the worlds best spoofer is even a blip to botting organizations

I have my own opinions and don’t subscribe to tribal mindsets

isn’t that just as easily spoofed if the person knows what they are doing?

The big issue I think we have is that actiblizz doesn’t want to invest more into warden so they do bans in waves instead to make it harder to figure out how warden does its detects

Faster bans would be super nice because it would prevent the bots from making more money that what gets shelled out. Gut the profits and the bots go away

good. herbs were/are ridiculously overpriced at the start of expansions. bring on the price drops.

that aside - anyone who thought the multiboxing software ban would actually impact botters was being naive.

you all think someone already breaking the rules cares if they’re breaking a rule?

come on.

the only people affected by the software boxing ban were the individuals who weren’t botting.

I think this is ultimately what people want. They have said repeatedly that they do bot bans “in waves”… but it seems to me that all that does is give the botters license to bot until a wave comes through because blizz isn’t going to stop them.

more real-time banning would require an investment of staff, I guess.

10 Likes

thats rich coming from a horde orc

1 Like

MAC adress or hardware fingerprint ban + refusing the run the client on virtual machines.

2 Likes

Blizzard tech needs to find how botting is a thing and put a complete stop to it.

There is codes and programs people use when they bot toons. It should not be difficult to scan the botting code and just ban the code they are using.

1 Like

Completely pointless and just shows you don’t know how computers and the internet work. I can get around that in seconds, with pretty much zero effort, even on Windows, let alone Linux.

< Actual IT manager. No security is perfect, but the effort has to start somewhere. So unless you can contribute actual constructive solutions, you can drop the internet tough guy attitude.

2 Likes

https://media1.tenor.com/images/0fe59983cdb075013377aaa4e904ce78/tenor.gif

8 Likes

Might want to become more aware of how the internet works before you post something like this. The only one who sees the mac address is your router and it goes no further.

PS
A majority of these “There as so many Bots please ban them cause they are hurting AH prices” whiners are price gougers who do nothing all day but ride around farming mats. They want Blizz to ban their competition!

3 Likes

Or the unique signature of your graphics card , making it completely useless.

1 Like

Its most likely literally this. Activision is ALL about the return on investment and they just don’t see the investment making more people happy with the game.

Instead we have the warden ban waves that make it so they don’t have to invest as much into the ‘botter arms race’ and both sides get to keep their profits. It’s just business for the suits.