Hard to believe they need yet another 8 hour Maintenance on Tuesday

Have you ever worked on a large software project that depends on software that is 20 years old and has to be installed on servers that support seven million people?

Hard to believe we need another it’s hard to believe they need another 8 hour maintenance on a patch day thread

2 Likes

you sure seem to be complaining.

there’s a reason pvpers have these stereotypes. it’s because they’re true.

4 Likes

(This note was deleted by the author’s alter personality who calls herself tulip.)

1 Like

Patch day. Expect extended maintenance time.

What last long drawn out maintenance you talking bout …lately its been just resets happening on Tuesday with a few 1 hr down times for fixes…you wouldn’t last back in Vanilla or TBC with downtimes we use to have 10+ hours most Tuesday’s maintenance days…some times 2 days down time could happen.

1 Like

Remember the launch of WoD? That was fun.

games been running pretty good on my end, but yeah…if they found stuff that needs fixin, let them do it without whining about it.
We can all watch youtube or something else for a few hours.

1 Like

They always preload stuff.

I’m waiting for the 16th there’s really nothing exciting for me with Tuesday patch. But MoP I thoroughly enjoyed and since I haven played through it for a while it’ll be nice with fast leveling. But really honest I just want TWW to come need all new stuff to check out.

maintanence on tuesday 9am to 5pm.

That one isn’t the best one the best one is patch day for the Patch 3.2 Call of the Crusade…that one got us for 32 hours of down time when after 10+ hour down time for patch 30 mins into the game going live every realm around the world crashed and crashed hard and were down for many for 32+ hours…with some players systems getting damaged game files and had to reinstall the game…

The Remix, according to the front page of wowhead, is 12 days away. 10.2.7 is released on Tuesday.

1 Like

Yes I know. Like I said they preload stuff for global releases.

I’m sure that maintenance is automated and they just like to have 8 hour long parties.

nah they totally have it dialed in after 15 minutes. they just keep the servers down to watch the op get madder and madder and chug drinks laughing.

1 Like

Not really …I have seen them list weekly maintenance was listed as 8 hrs long but seen it come up live in less then 4 hours some times…it just matters what is happening as the load in the new stuff and get ready to fire it up…

1 Like

There’s a patch.

Welcome to patch day :dracthyr_shrug:

1 Like

mop remix isn’t this week the other thing is

Trying to keep the game running? Fixing stuff the last update broke? Life exists outside of wow. You’ll live.

2 Likes