Hand of Justice ninja nerfed by blizzard?

So this supposed “BiS” trinket which is coveted by many is kind of trash tbh. I wouldn’t be surprised if it was nerfed by blizz before the release of classic. I use it on trash cuz obviously I equip flask for bosses along with blackhand’s, and I swear I can count the number of times it procs(as standard dw fury) on one hand throughout the entire raid……

A lot of people that played warriors in vanilla hyped up HoJ before the release of classic and at least for me, it has come nowhere near the praise it got.

Sorry mate, I’m not sure - I’m too busy focusing all my attention on this horrendous Arugal queue.

6 Likes

Would you say it procs about 2% of the time?

33 Likes

yep it feel a bit different

dude imagine creating a character on the biggest server and then complaining that the server is full . Its certainly not like eartfury who was a medium pop server that was open transfer and became over populated

4 Likes

TBH I’ll probably get slammed for this, but it might be worth if you’re a Fury War using two 1H’s switching to a " “Darkmoon Card: Maelstrom

I find that this procs all the time, I’m unsure if it’ll technically weigh up against HOJ overall - but it’s a joy of an item

1 Like

Gave up on HoJ…never seen it drop once in 15 years and I’m not wasting my time on it.

1 Like

You might be onto something actually. I just checked my last raids logs for BWL/MC/Ony.

65 HoJ procs and I was wearing it the entire night, never taking it off.

3409 normal melee attacks
2265 other melee abilities (sunder, revenge, bloodthirst etc)
= 5674 total attacks

Checking logs closer they are proccing from revenge, bloodthirst etc and not just normal melee attacks.

65 is 1.15% of 5674, which is lower than advertised.

4 Likes

you aren’t missing anything. its definitely not as good as advertised

3 Likes

Aww, bless your innocent ignorance my friend.

Oceania only had one server on Launch Day, thus meant that 30k players attempted to connect to the single server resulting in many Guilds and pre-existing communities starting off on Arugal / with everyone getting their names reserved etc.

Oceania later granted a second server later on that day due to the masses of queues as Blizzard tried to force an entire region of the planet onto one server but it was too late with everyone’s guilds being established / friends etc.

So, it’s not like everyone had a choice my friend - US got many many servers. Blizzard dropped the ball with OCE

7 Likes

DW doesn’t proc it like it’s supposed to, IIRC.

alright i was wrong i just ad many transfer that ruined my server thoug

I was ok with +10 % more ally . It mean if someone was farming at my spot. Most of the time it was an ally that i could bully away from my farming spot

3 Likes

I’ve heard a lot of people claim it was nerfed compared to vanilla. I’ve heard things like they changed how the proc itself works, etc,. Who knows whats true though. Taking 5k hits though and showing you’ve only got 1.15% procs is too low of a sample size to actually tell if its broken or not.

2 Likes

proc are weird like when change form in human sometime i can get 2 proc in a row but if i stay in cat i rarelly get proc. Am pretty sure those mage are as surprise as me when i do 1.5 k damage with the auto from human form back to back.

It’s still good for those in a DPS role, but for tanking it’s definitely not a good trinket. Maybe it doesn’t proc from sunder armor, since sunder doesn’t do damage?

It’s actually a pretty high sample, assuming we know which abilities are supposed to make it proc.

95% confidence interval is 0.9% to 1.5%.

Google “confidence interval for a proportion calculator”

5 Likes

Didn’t think it was very much, 5k doesn’t seem like a high amount but you’re probably right. For instance when I play online poker I need hundreds of thousands of hands to millions to figure out actual winrates not just a couple thousand hands so that’s where I was coming from.

HoJ is > BB if you are over crit cap. Obviously DFT + diamond flask is your best combo though

Make sure you are running your sims with different world buffs and consumes. You have different BiS lists depending on what buffs you have on at the time, and should be able to swap out gear accordingly.

HoJ is very underwhelming on paper. Try playing on Alliance where most of everyone is obsessed with swords because of weapon skill. They will praise HoJ as the best trinket ever until they are blue in the face.

1 out of every 50 attacks generating an extra swing isn’t very exciting. However, there just aren’t many trinket slot choices for melee at the moment.

Serrate, you also have to keep in mind that the trinket has AP on it too. Don’t ignore that in your calculations