Halo Easy vs Legendary

Which is more impressive Halo easy, killing all enemies with pistol whips or Halo legendary, where a small pack of Grunts poses a major risk?

Now explain to me why the measure of ones epeen in classic wow is whom can parse best / which guild can clear fastest with full world buffs?

Even pvp is full of stinky cheese.

https://media1.tenor.com/images/317b1656ac9d766b4dcdc4cd4ac8f3a6/tenor.gif?itemid=8857333

1 Like

Cute analogy, but which is faster? I think you know the answer.

There’s no need to run through the entire Halo series every week for a chance at loot. If your goal is to give yourself as much challenge as possible, sure, crank the difficulty up, but most people aren’t raiding in Classic for a challenge.

2 Likes

https://i.imgur.com/Pbp25lM.gif
A means to an end that has no meaning.

There is a section for parsing without world buffs.

But the cold hard truth is that parses are semi meaningless because the site that tracks all the data doesn’t have a way to score the team comp vs the speed or team comp and group comp vs the individual making your parse impossible to actually compare to another in a meaningful way.

To expand on this slightly, if you don’t have the same comp and group buffs from raid to raid your parse vs last week or the week before is realistically incomparable to the next.

The only way for a parse to truly have any value is to have the exact same comp with the exact same gear with the exact same set of buffs from week to week, allowing you see improvements in not only your own play but also in the play of your team.

A very very very sizable component of your parse value is your team. If your team all does excellent damage then you will also do at least good damage even if you’re not all that good. Reason is, the time it takes to kill a boss is part of the equation in determining DPS, and the faster the boss kill the better because then your character is under the influence of power increasing buffs for a longer duration of the fight. Abilities like blade flurry, consumables like thistle tea, and so on all contribute, and if you can have those be a larger portion of the fight by making the fight shorter then your DPS will go up in relationship.

3 Likes

I see from where you are coming, but people do speedrun Halo games on Legendary - usually exploiting every trick in the book to trivialize challenges and shave time.

It’s not about the end. Some people just have fun.

Heard of speedrunning? Sometimes people enjoy pushing the limits of their abilities and going as hard as possible, even on easy content. There’s speedruns of Mario Bros, for example. Is it meaningless? Sure, but isn’t everything?

Some people just enjoy it. Stop worrying about how other people enjoy the game.

But at least they select legendary in the first place.

There’s no difficulty option in Classic. Using various methods to trivialize the challenges is far more analogous with world buffs than selecting a difficulty.

Yes, and then abuse mechanics to mitigate intended game design…

I’m worried how I’m forced to play the game due to metas. I can’t even no world buff parse because it requires the whole raid to have no world buffs. It is unfortunately the norm now as it’s been accepted as the unit of measurement for ones skill in classic wow.

You aren’t forced to do anything. Join a guild that doesn’t require world buffs. Use the section of warcraft logs for no world buffs.

Hell, you’re a Hunter. You BARELY benefit from world buffs in the first place.

I’d argue that getting world buffs is selecting easy mode, in the way it trivialises game mechanics whether tricky skips and exploits are utilized or not. In Halo you actively select the difficulty before entering the scenario analogous to instance, dictating your power level for that particular instance / scenario. Albeit more difficult to obtain easy mode, maybe the cheat skulls would have been a better example.

This is also part of the problem, and to push the most out of my character I need to melee weave requiring all the world buffs as well, despite this the scaling balance relating to world buffs is abysmal.

1 Like

Dude, I can’t blame you. It’s a big problem because players seem to have an unhealthy addiction to raid logging and collecting world buffs.

Trying to convince people to actually raid without them is like pulling teeth, they are so hell bent on WB meta that they both hate getting them and at the same time basically refuse to raid without them.

3 Likes

Having people constantly log out and in really ruins the immersion. Also being on a PvP server it is such a stressful endeavour forcing us to take summons to exploited areas to avoid contact with dispellers. This is on a horde dominated server as well.

imagine caring about parses in a re-release of a 15 year old game

yikes

2 Likes

I disagree. Using WB is like exploiting level design and gameplay mechanics to speedrun games - which people indeed do. You usually have multiple categories in speedrunning, including any % (no holds barred using every trick in the book, WB territory) and 100% (still addressing intended game design as efficiently as possible).

It’s your choice in which category you want to participate.

I hope the meta changes to the no worldbuff parses being considered the main parses, although I doubt that will ever happen. Honestly a better measure of a players ability is no world buffs preforming the proper rotation and executing the mechanics or lack there of correctly. Opposed to killing the boss in 30 seconds and getting a few lucky crits more then the next joe blow.

Maybe so, but again…

There’s very little incentive to make things harder for yourself. The game does not reward you for doing so. By contrast, doing things quickly is greatly beneficial as you need to be clearing all the raids each week and need time to do other things in between. The faster you can clear it, the easier it is to be coordinating 40 people to get together.

I get buffs the night of raid just fine. Raid logging is entirely unnecessary when you can get summoned everywhere.

What else should people care about?

Extremely unlikely. Most people don’t like gimping themselves for no good reason.

I’d say this version of wow is far more measurable to ones skill then retail with all its scuffed borrowed power rng. Also this version of the game is much harder to level an alt to max so a lot of people can play a completely different style to that of 15 years ago or even just improve on their class of choice from 15 years ago.

Ignoring the 2+ hours it takes to prep + the countless hours farming consumes. Getting world buffs takes longer then all the raids bar AQ40.

1 Like

It doesn’t take nearly that long to make gold to afford consumes. LOL

Even if it does, that’s outside of raid time. Anyone can do it at any time of the week, by themselves. They don’t have to do it in the limited time where 39 other people agreed to get together and do the raids.