Hallows End queue broken for DPS

Starting to think it might have something to do with pure DPS classes. My warrior and paladin get near instant queues when fury or ret but my warlock, rogue, and hunter get stuck in it forever.

I’m not sure this is it, 10 pure dps ran through yesterday, and queues were all over the place. None of these characters were ever in chromie time.

|Pyran|120|Mage| - 5 mins
|Gaffertin|120|Mage| - 45 minutes
|Whichcraft|120|Mage| - 1 hours+
|Thorisonn|120|Mage| - Multiple 1 hour+
|Celten|120|Warlock| - 5 Minutes
|Charlo|120|Warlock| - 5 Minutes
|Alucile|120|Hunter| - 5 Minutes
|Flazen|120|Hunter| - 5 Minutes
|Relynda|120|Hunter| - 45 minutes
|Elfy|120|Rogue| - 5 Minutes

Exactly my findings today and yesterday … Every time I queue with this character, I get an incredibly long wait.

My Demon Hunter, Monk, Warrior, Hunter and Warlock all got in today in under 3 minutes (about 30-45 mins ago) … I just ran them back to back and just started with this guy and still waiting after 10 mins

EDIT: Just got in after ~12 mins

Sat in queue on my Rogue for 45+ minutes, with two failed queue pops. First queue popped at around 18 minutes, but then it was at least another 20-ish minutes before the next pop, then waited out another 10-ish before I finally got in. Something is definitely broken under the hood with how queues are being prioritized, or groups being put together. There shouldn’t be that much a gap in between queue pops once you get the first one - you should still be first in line. Not to mention that’s an abnormally long queue for a holiday boss, even as a DPS.

Thankfully my other farm alts can all queue as tank.

1 Like

Was really hoping to hop over and see that this had been fixed today. I already missed out on 8 or 9 attempts yesterday just because I couldn’t sit in queue for an hour on each one.

Hopefully gets sorted soon. This is my 14th year trying. Just… for the love of god… please drop.

I’ll wrestle the HH IRL for a chance at the mount at this point.

1 Like

They haven’t confirmed yet, but there’s a bug for RBG queues and it may be impacting Headless Horseman as well:

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/rbg-lfg-broken-cant-play-rbgs/681552/5

I agree with this. It needs to be made into a scenario or something that anyone can queue for.

You used to be able to get away with running as full dps before the item squish though. When only level capped players could queue for it. But now that any scrub can queue for it it’s a 50/50 gamble on whether or not you queuing as a tank as dps is going to be successful or not. The idea is to kill the boss before adds can even climb out of the ground and wreck you. And yet… even when I am a dps (and not tank) my extra dps isn’t helping kill the boss fast enough to do this anymore because the group is just THAT BAD.

They made this fight way harder than it needs to be. The very least I should be able to queue as tank/healer and stay dps and speed the fight up.

After getting in 20 times all the dps were people from my dead @$$ realm. Maybe it’s an issue about them turning off cross realm in old areas.

Had that problem too. I tried a minute after the event launched and got 3 min estimate, 15 min actual queue as DPS.

About to start my runs for the evening, anyone tested since reset?

I am still having issues today both are Horde toons. The hunter took 45 minutes to pop. An hour and 12 minutes later my DH is still waiting. If she wasn’t such a low leveled toon I would try to tank with her. ~sigh

(Also the forums seem to have forgotten all my retail toons so posting on my classic one.)

Just spent 2h waiting on hunter and mage.

Btw all people in the group were from different realms.

Yeah it looks like its still happening, interestingly enough, same characters it happened to me on yesterday, so maybe character specific?

I know it sounds weird, but I’m going to suggest that people delete their cache folder, log back in and try queueing again. You’d be surprised at the stuff the cache folder can eff up.

New players are taught by the Exile’s Reach dungeon that tanking and healing is done by NPCs. So everyone plays DPS now. This is why the queues are so long.

Were they from realms connected to yours?

learn2heal
learn2tank
gitgud

Unfortunately pure dps classes can’t learn these too easily :slight_smile:

1 Like

What do you want Blizzard to do exactly? Force Tanks/healers to queue LFG at gunpoint?

I imagine a large amount of them are just running friends/guildies through the event.

This isn’t whats occuring though, 2 pure dps classes can queue at the same time (lets say a rogue and hunter), and the rogue will have a 2 minute queue and the hunter will have 2 hour one.

1 Like