Halloween Emerald Dream, RP Event

Talked about this with my guildmates and told them this idea that I had. I’d like to do an RP event for Holloween. The idea is we go somewhere spooky but accessible to everyone that was easy to get to, which would be Darkshire in Duskwood. The zone is entirely creepy and reminds me of an old black and white horror flick. I was going to suggest people make their darkest and creepiest costume mod. I just came up with mine, which I’m using right now.

I was also thinking, Warmode off, but please listen to me here. We want and need more people on the server to PvP right? First we get people onto the server. Then once they are here we can get to bring them in to PvP. I also want to be VERY clear on something. This is NOT about me or my guild 1st Fist of Light. This is about doing something for the server. Something that I hope would very much help everyone. I genuinely love community and my favorite communities always were amongst fellow RP’ers.

We were thinking about a Thursday the reason being that I was told by someone who had a character on Moon Guard but is now here, that most RP’ers come out on Thursday. I was going to put it on a weekend but when he told me that I thought it best to go that route. Also for anyone on another server we can make raid groups to bring preople from other servers here. Like I said, lets them get their foot in the door and then we can get back to kickin butt and taking names!

3 Likes

If you decide to do this Warmode on, happy to help enforce the peace there.

1 Like

I’m gonna get my shades and suit for this. We gonna get an entire secret service setup to protect this event if it’s wm on at all costs.

1 Like

If you guys are serious, I will totally think on that. Again I don’t want to make this about me or my guild. I just wanted to create something special for the server and everyone,

Yep, I think the previous mantra of “RP events must be WM off” alienated a lot of people.

RP is a seed that must be cared for if we want it to flourish and the soil of Emerald Dream is very fertile!

2 Likes

I was thinking about getting a pool of money together for a costume contest and giving it to the winner. We’d have to get it first of course. I have just over 100K I think left on me because I spent what money I had to help other people out. I don’t mind that, I like helping people as much as I love PvP haha. But, it leaves me in a pinch, we would have to pull resources.

Just so you know I’m being honest and sincere I would also be fine giving what I do have over to someone else who we could call the treasurer. I am just happy to create something where everyone has fun in.

This would be an amazing venture to help push the server out there so people know what makes this server so damn special. I want people involved to feel comfortable with this. I know some of the things that happened here, why it happened, so I get it. I’m trying to be as humble as sincere as I can.

Regardless of how this comes out, I would love the Hordies to be there, warmode on or off, even if you guys have to make Alliance characters, so that we can all talk and RP at least.

And a prize pool, looks like a promising event man! Looking forward to this, we’ll bring the security you bring the mogs.

Himanshu is quite serious about providing security for your event. We’ve done a lot of this and many of us, Myself included, enjoy doing it. If it’s open to Horde I wouldn’t be a bit surprised to see a number of us participating, it honestly sounds like fun. If you need help fundraising let me know, I have a couple gold lying around. :slight_smile:

I approve this thread.

Accidentally deleted my post trying to edit it.

I’m stoked, I can’t remember when the last time I was on a server of people that were passionate about RP’ing and such. Of course it would be open to the Horde. This was intended to be something for everyone. I don’t want to exclude anyone at all.

Also do not forget, their is a vendor in the sewers area under Dalaran (legion)that sells the Elixir of Tongues that lets you talk to people on the opposing faction. I have hundreds of them sadly that I have never had a chance to use. She NPC to talk to is Fizzi Liverzapper.

I say make the mingling portion of the event WM On, and the costume contest WM Off. >)

I find your beard cheap, short and undwarfly!

Behave! …or I bring out the beard shears! :slight_smile:

You don’t have shears big enough for the majesty of a dwarf beard!

guess I’ll have to summon a fire mage up for you then! Hahaha

As to the event…

I’ve been thinking about this and going over and over it in my head. I am fine with doing WM on if we can keep it peaceful to a degree. My biggest concern are griefers from either side of the fence ruining it. I’ve seen some shady things happen to people running similar events. I know once incident, before WM, when people were on a PvP server.

Someone passed away IRL in this guild and they decided to have an “RP Funeral”. Alot of people were upset that they lost a friend who they would never get to see or play with ever again. Leading my guild as long as I have, I know how heart wrenching that can be. While they were having this procession a group of PvP’ers that were of the opposing faction made it a point to show up and attack them.

While I am all for PvP and have been a right SOB in PvP, their are always exceptions to the rules and for me that’s definitely a line that I would never even consider about crossing. I know that the server needs help, at least that is how I feel, and I genuinely want to do what I can to help it. I don’t feel the burden of this as much as everyone else does as I haven’t played on this server long enough in my opinion.

I’m really horrified of running an event like this with WM on and it being trashed, then new people would get discouraged about coming back here, and I don’t want that. I want people to come and stay and at some point fight. I thought it best to mention my thoughts here. I just really want this to be something good and fun for everyone involved.

1 Like

I’ll just put it this way. I’m all for WM on events for the server…but…every single server event that has been held in the last 6 months has been hit by the same group of people every time and they always have the same excuse. “Pvp happened in wm, if you don’t want pvp turn wm off.” So take that as you will. Whatever you decide to do I hope your event goes well.
/salute

2 Likes

And that is EXACTLY what I am afraid of. That’s why I was talking about making this particular event WM off. Then the next one could be WM on. After which, I could make an RP PvP event. I know that people loved having territories to fight over. In that regard would make a starting area for Horde and Alliance.

Start out in what would be a neutral territory. Then move on from that, one side or the other taking from that. So you could have lets say a map of Azeroth. and said starting point, whomever wins then controls that area. Then you push to the next, until finally the capital city is taken, then a battle ensues for that and FOR THE ALLIANCE/HORDE goes on from there.

I stand by having a guild run security for the event if it is WM on. WSB has done this successfully many times in the past. If you don’t trust us, then nominate an ally guild to counter our presence. PvP will likely happen but it will be between the two guilds leaving everyone else alone to enjoy the event. No, this isn’t the greatest idea I admit, but it’ll sure be fun. You’ll be hosting a Halloween party and get a UFC ppv for free.

If WSB stands guard, what happens if a Horde guild attacks us? I know you’re Horde, but how would you be able to handle that situation?

Drop a truckload of duel flags? lol Seriously, for all the events we’ve run security on I have never once seen this, ever. Of course the possibility exists, but I would bet against it based on experience. Also, the chances are good we can talk them down.